Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Eggs

eggs + chopped portobello + spinach + feta + small amount of dice onions = heaven

eggs benedict is also the bomb. if any of you derelicts are in ANC sometime make sure to hit up Cafe Amsterdam for breakfast. best benedict in town.

We've won it. It's going to get better now. You can sort of tell these things.

Actually, its called a cloaca, common exit duct for all things processed by said chicken.

And, dammit, now I have to be a sausage hater.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

I've become a HUGE fan of "eggs in a hole." Great as a meal with soup (tomato!) or with breakfast. They're my go-to meal for quick yummeh chow. For full write up peep here.

Use glass to cut hole in bread:

Fry egg in middle of hole.

Mange!

If you want to be cute for your lovah, make a heart shaped hole.

oh- ps remember to make toast out of the leftover hole.

Also, my fancier INCREDIBLE egg recipe (and maggot approved!) is this prosciutto-wrapped roasted tomato with a basil pesto rub and a baked egg inside, as seen here and here.

coated with pesto and wrapped, ready to bake

final:

almost down the hatch
    Last edited by BeanDip4All; 01-27-2010 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeanDip4All View Post
    I've become a HUGE fan of "eggs in a hole." Great as a meal with soup (tomato!) or with breakfast. They're my go-to meal for quick yummeh chow. For full write up peep here.

Use glass to cut hole in bread:

Fry egg in middle of hole.
    we call those birdies in the nest. mom used to make them when we were young, and my kids love them. fried bread with fried eggs. but don't toast the hole, fry it. Kind of a lot of butter for me, but damn they taste good.

and as for eggs benedict, i like them with smoked salmon or lox rather than meat.

Scotch Eggs!!!!!!!!

Don't have a recipe but in a nut shell, a hard boiled egg, wrapped in ground sausage, fried. On a bed of fried potatoes with onions, peppers, and some bacon. The pour holindaze sauce over the top of it all. Had that at a little Irish bar here last week, damn they're fantastic.

Jay
    Five minutes into the drive and you're already driving me crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMtnPinhead View Post
    we call those birdies in the nest. mom used to make them when we were young, and my kids love them. fried bread with fried eggs. but don't toast the hole, fry it. Kind of a lot of butter for me, but damn they taste good.
    Another vote for frying the hole (heh). My mom made them and called it a 'cyclops'. I sometimes make 'em with rye bread now.

On the subject of cooking eggs, this came across a food blog I read yesterday: http://www.eggwatchers.com/ It'll keep you entertained AND make sure your egg's cooked properly.

It didn't seem to work on IE 8, but Firefox worked just fine.