PSA: Dakine on GiltMan.com today (starts at 9am PST)

Dakine bags will be on http://www.GiltMan.com today. Sale starts at 9am PST, should have some decent deals.

If you need an invite: http://www.giltman.com/invite/terabyte (full disclosure, I get a one time $25 credit if you order something; I hear you may be able to just request an account now; so do whatever suits you).

Sale is live. Selection is mainly luggage and backpacks. There is also a large variety of surf bags, was hoping for some ski bags.

My experience on GiltMan:
    Order Confirmed: 12/10/09
    Order Shipped: 1/11/10

I pretty much forgot about the order by the time they shipped - less than stellar customer experience. Read the finer print - some items are in their possession, and some are just on a list from the vendor waiting to be ordered, shipped, received, then re-shipped to you.

Meanwhile SAC and TD arrive on my doorstep in 1-2 days.

Bertier, they make that pretty clear from each individual item page when placing an order: "ESTIMATED DELIVERY: WED 2/24/10 TO FRI 3/5/10". I know its not ideal, but its hard to fault them when they made it clear from the time of purchase.

I have only ordered two things from them. Both arrived within the stated time frame, one even came early.

SAC and TD are BC.com, who has a huge warehouse and likely maintains stock on the items they sell. I doubt GiltMan has any sort of warehouse and must wait for the individual companies to send them the goods. This is pretty evident from the varying ship dates across the different offerings.

ordered Westcomb Event vapor jacket. Ordered 10 days ago approx, got it yesterday. Sick deal ($230)
    one for one with them, jacket is perf.............
    $500 jacket for $230, sweeeeeet
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Just saying I didn't notice the shipping asterisk during the checkout process - sure it was in there somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by unpossible View Post
    SAC and TD are BC.com, who has a huge warehouse and likely maintains stock on the items they sell.
    Why I like them.
    Quote Originally Posted by unpossible View Post
    I doubt GiltMan has any sort of warehouse and must wait for the individual companies to send them the goods.
    Why I don't like them. IMO, I think it's poor form to sell a product before you possess it.

Just my $.02