Storm Chasing, Alta Utah

Here's a teaser, check out the full story at:

http://www.biglines.com/articles/alt...s-only-18-tall

This is $$$$$.

Very nicely done.
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

How long are you in town? Bring the sleds?

Nice work... We got up in the first batch of cars before the re-closed the canyon. Snowbird was great, but wish we could have waited to go up and slay that in the pm.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

sweet TR. alta rocks!
    F-R-O-double-G

Fuck Yeah!
    Just ski down there and jump of a somethin' fer cryin' out loud!

-Pain McShlonkey

Great article!

Quote Originally Posted by JTrue View Post
    How long are you in town? Bring the sleds?
    Hey, glad you guys liked it! We had a blast, all smiles all day.

And yes, Jameson and I both have our sleds here, would you be interested in braaaaping tomorrow? We're heading off tomorrow night for Denver.

That'll do Donkey That'll do!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post

And yes, Jameson and I both have our sleds here, would you be interested in braaaaping tomorrow? We're heading off tomorrow night for Denver.
    Unfortunately I work tomorrow, off Thursday-Monday. Have fun and nice article.

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-furrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Helloooooooooo Kitty!

My sled is good for nothing more than a traction weight in the back of my truck right now... Gotta get the motor running again

Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post

Quote Originally Posted by PNW Skier View Post
    My sled is good for nothing more than a traction weight in the back of my truck right now... Gotta get the motor running again
    You know sand bags are cheaper for traction weight.

I want to see a TR of you rebuilding that engine in some sub zero Walmart parking lot in the dark with Anna holding a flashlight for you to see what you are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by PNW Skier View Post
    you really should make a drive through Jackson on your way back from Colorado

btw, nice pics from Alta

I was there.

And this is how I remember it!

Cool shot!
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

Wink

You can count on it

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel99 View Post
    you really should make a drive through Jackson on your way back from Colorado

btw, nice pics from Alta

So were those pics from Friday? I did a last minute road trip to catch the storm there in SLC. Skied alta on Saturday, not at all the same experience as you had. Lots of new snow, but with the avy danger keeping half the mountain closed, what was open got skied out so fast. And the lift lines were long. Had a better time at Solitude on Sunday, but due to little cottonwood closing till like 10:30 it was slammed there as well, But I was able to hunt down powder much later into the day. Sick pics though!

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    You know sand bags are cheaper for traction weight.

I want to see a TR of you rebuilding that engine in some sub zero Walmart parking lot in the dark with Anna holding a flashlight for you to see what you are doing.
    You almost called that one Brian. I tore the engine down in the snowbasin parking lot the morning we left for Denver. I got everything back together but there's so much coolant in the bottom of the motor that it won't turn over. Now to get all that coolant out...

Quote Originally Posted by inbetweenstance View Post
    So were those pics from Friday? I did a last minute road trip to catch the storm there in SLC. Skied alta on Saturday, not at all the same experience as you had. Lots of new snow, but with the avy danger keeping half the mountain closed, what was open got skied out so fast. And the lift lines were long. Had a better time at Solitude on Sunday, but due to little cottonwood closing till like 10:30 it was slammed there as well, But I was able to hunt down powder much later into the day. Sick pics though!
    The TR photos were shot on sunday. I do admit that only two lifts were spinning but there was so much freaking snow that even with 20 minute lift lines the resort took all day to track out. It was pretty awesome

way to milk the low shoulder, i love watching photogs try and get that perfect shot on it.