Just Started a New Business - Need Maggots Help

The TGR community has always been a proven resource for me in regards to pretty much everything. I figure the maggots can probably help in the following case as well.

I moved away from being a ski bum in Jackson this past August to try to start a business with another fellow Jacksonite ski bum. We're making customizable "skins" for mini fridges. Our main target market is first and second year college students followed closely by off campus college students.

Company Name: GTskins
    Maggot 25% Discount: tgrmaggots

Although the TGR community is not our major market, (but I bet you want throw a sick ski shot on your "garage, ski tuning, beer filled, mini fridge"), I figured a lot of you may have brothers, sisters, family and friends who are in college or about to enter college. If you do, send them our way and we'll help customize their dorm room or apartment mini fridges.

Of course no appeal to the maggots would be complete without throwing in some kickback. You or whoever you refer to us can use the Coupon Code: "tgrmaggots" (don't type quotes when entering at checkout) at checkout for 25% off the entire order.

Also as a side note, if any of the maggots out there have connections with college bookstores or anything having to do with college programs and marketing post here or hit me up on PM.
    "Stoke your own fire or burn out like the rest"

NCAA licensing......
    Goals for the season: -Try and pick up a sponsor.--Phill

But whatever scares you most... --Rip'nStick

^cha-ching.
    $
    $
    $

Fat heads for fridges.

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    Quote Originally Posted by gonehuckin View Post
    NCAA licensing......
    Only if it is in conjunction with an athletic program
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

Has anyone ordered a tubgirl fridge skin yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

what they said...I'd probably buy a Bama logo skin for my fridge cause I'm a Bama douche. Thousands more just like me.....sadly.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

FYI: Hey bro if you do start producing college skins you better talk to the ncaa.

A few years ago, we produce Utah shirts with a Utah logo over a finger holding up the #1 index finger and had "fuck byu" with a middle finger on the back. some gay-ass byu fuck ratted us out and we were assessed some fees from the ncaa.
    "It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."

Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    FYI: Hey bro if you do start producing college skins you better talk to the ncaa.

A few years ago, we produce Utah shirts with a Utah logo over a finger holding up the #1 index finger and had "fuck byu" with a middle finger on the back. some gay-ass byu fuck ratted us out and we were assessed some fees from the ncaa.
    What years were you at the U?

advres Guest
    Glad to see it's coming to fruition! After talking to you at the Boston show I was wondering how it was coming out.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    what they said...I'd probably buy a Bama logo skin for my fridge cause I'm a Bama douche. Thousands more just like me.....sadly.
    No. 10's of millions more like you. Problem is they take a huge cut and it gets you noticed before you can gain enough market share.
    Goals for the season: -Try and pick up a sponsor.--Phill

But whatever scares you most... --Rip'nStick

It may be different when dealing with the NCAA monopoly, but when I was looking into a related idea of producing something that needed a trademarked image (for ski resorts) their cut was only 8% of the production cost.

We've deff looked into NCAA licensing and its no as daunting or massively expensive as you might think. With that said, we could prob afford a few schools....but if you have a few you need em all. Thats where it gets pricey.

Our budget is basically non existent at this point so its something we're working towards. Lots of stuff in the pipeline, but Mags suggestions are always welcome, especially at this stage.

Hopefully some more positive updates to follow...
    "Stoke your own fire or burn out like the rest"

I'd start by putting real pics of the product in use on the site. Those ones on the homepage just scream photoshop. Have you played around much with SEM to see what sort of keywords perform for you? Interesting idea, good luck!
    Be careful about buying snowboard goggles for skiing. Snowboard goggles come in right eye and left eye (for goofy-footers) dominant models. This can make it hard to see correctly when skiing because you are facing straight down the hill, not sideways.

damn, that's actually pretty good
    holy fucking shitballs

You're gonna need some super high res pics, no?
    Point and Shoot shots could be quite disappointing.