Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thumbs down robbed at gunpoint...

walking home from class last Thursday. Fucking fuck got my laptop with all my school work/ naked girlfriend pics and my goddamn wallet. For some reason I seem to be a magnet to fucked up situations like this. Douchebag was a real pro, came from me head on but the entry to my complex is dark as shit at night so I couldnt see any facial features and he had the gun cocked and pressed against the back of my head almost instantly. I guess Im happy to be not dead but fuck I hated feeling so helpless. Now I gotta learn how to use a handgun and get my concealed weapons permit, any maggots have suggestions on what sort of piece works best for carrying everywhere?

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    a desert eagle 50 will do er. OR, if you rEALLY want to scare the punk, get a long barrel 357, and ask the most important question when held up again, do you feel LUCKY punk, well do you? OH, btw, if you are NOT willing to pull the trigger, do yourself, your wallet and the next person to try this, do NOT buy a gun. If you are afraid to have a weapon used on you, don't even try to use it. And if you DO purchase a firearm, be DAMNED sure you are ready, willing and able to use it, AND are able to stomach the ramification's of your actions for the rest of your life
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

I'm pretty happy with my Kel-Tec 9mm, but from what you describe i never would have had a chance to use it, unless as the scum was leaving, at which point the threat is gone and you're in a little trickier 'self-defense' situation.

There's martial arts moves that cover this situation, but if you know it's actually a handgun, it's a bit of a risk escalating at that point.

Glad you're ok.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

sawed-off 10 gauge, Uzzi, .454 Casul...

none of which would have done you a damn bit of good, unless you're Snake Pliskin

and then the asshole wouldn't have tried that shit anyway

Absolutely the only thing that would have prevented this robbery would have been for you to try to pull a gun. DK you need to fucking think before you post.

Had you tried to pull out a Desert Fucking Eagle you would be hurt or dead before you would have fumbled that cannon out from under your coat and the dude would have all your shit and another sweet gun... win/win, really.

So what lovely Burgh did this little altercation happen in?

Hugh Conway Guest
    uh, move out of the ghetto?

Quote Originally Posted by crstlextrm View Post
    walking home from class last Thursday. Fucking fuck got my laptop with all my school work/ naked girlfriend pics and my goddamn wallet. For some reason I seem to be a magnet to fucked up situations like this. Douchebag was a real pro, came from me head on but the entry to my complex is dark as shit at night so I couldnt see any facial features and he had the gun cocked and pressed against the back of my head almost instantly. I guess Im happy to be not dead but fuck I hated feeling so helpless. Now I gotta learn how to use a handgun and get my concealed weapons permit, any maggots have suggestions on what sort of piece works best for carrying everywhere?

Sounds like a supremely shitty situation, and I bet it got the blood pumping a bit.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    I'm pretty happy with my Kel-Tec 9mm, but from what you describe i never would have had a chance to use it, unless as the scum was leaving, at which point the threat is gone and you're in a little trickier 'self-defense' situation.
    mmm, kel-tec. make mine a p3at please.

wrt to the problem of a threat that is leaving, one suspects this is a situation that calls for residence in one of the "doing society a favor" states, which seems to be most states within a state or two of texas. Tippster doesn't understand that by doing society a favor, this problem would have been solved for the next person simply going about their non-scumbag life.

i can personally vouch for the superior solution of moving out of the ghetto.
    If you're a relatively moral, ethical person, there's no inherent drive to kiss ass and beg for forgiveness and promise to never do it again, which is what mostly goes on in church. -YetiMan

you or him would have been shot or dead if you had a handgun. Think about that.

what good does it do you to have a concealed gun with you when a robber has his gun pinned to your head already?

This happened in the lovely beach community of Des Moines, WA.

A Desert Eagle would be a bit much, I want something smaller/lighter that I can carry everywhere I go. I have no qualms about taking someones life if they threaten mine. I dont give a shit if I put a couple between the shoulder blades as they leave, I guess Ill just pin my hopes on jury nullification.

Im going to take classes on how to properly use/clean/shoot any weapon I get. Its something I have been thinking about for a while and I think I have been properly convinced that it is the right thing to do. My girl even said she would do it with me, I thought that was kinda hot.

I wish I could have done something to defend myself, but I am not disappointed on how I handled myself. Sometimes ya just gotta admit that your fucked and live to fight another day.

Oh, BTW solid advice Hugh!

Sometimes ya just gotta admit that your fucked and live to fight another day.
    Good to see your pride isn't getting the best of you.
    Sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war.
    I'll keep an eye out for those pics of your girl.

Quote Originally Posted by pointedem View Post
    you or him would have been shot or dead if you had a handgun. Think about that.
    Yeah, I have thought about it. My conclusion is that without a gun, the only person with a possibility of getting shot dead is me.

Quote Originally Posted by tricameron View Post
    what good does it do you to have a concealed gun with you when a robber has his gun pinned to your head already?
    Exactly. All the prepubescent fools advocating carrying a gun don't realize that the only outcome would have been tha the robber would have gotten another gun. and Cstleextreme would have been dead or in serious pain trying to pull his gun with a fucking barrel to his head.

This is real life, not a movie.

doughboyshredder Guest
    you pull the gun after he has removed his gun from your head. Come on Tip.

Pieces of shit like this deserve to die. Fuck all your little liberal pansy ass bullshit.

Reasonable defense could be that the laptop had nude pics and the address of the girlfriend. Speaking of which, if this is the case, your lady friend might want to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Exactly. All the prepubescent fools advocating carrying a gun don't realize that the only outcome would have been tha the robber would have gotten another gun. and Cstleextreme would have been dead or in serious pain trying to pull his gun with a fucking barrel to his head.

Wouldnt have pulled it when he had the gun to my head. I have no qualms about shooting someone in the back though if they have put a fucking gun to my head. Hopefully I will never have to use a gun for anything other than target practice or hunting, but I just want the piece of mind that there will be a somewhat level playing field if I am ever in another shit situation like this.

It's the internet, and TGR at that.

Yeah, I have thought about it. My conclusion is that without a gun, the only person with a possibility of getting shot dead is me.
    negative ghost rider. There's a lot to be said for solid hand to hand skills. Like others have said, trying to get to your weapon could have easily ended up with you catching lead. Getting his gun and hurting him would have left you large and in charge.

Lot's easier using that adrenaline dump to create more force = more pain than trying to shoot straight at a fleeing felon.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Hugh Conway Guest
    This happened in the lovely beach community of Des Moines, WA.

A Desert Eagle would be a bit much, I want something smaller/lighter that I can carry everywhere I go. I have no qualms about taking someones life if they threaten mine. I dont give a shit if I put a couple between the shoulder blades as they leave, I guess Ill just pin my hopes on jury nullification.

Im going to take classes on how to properly use/clean/shoot any weapon I get. Its something I have been thinking about for a while and I think I have been properly convinced that it is the right thing to do. My girl even said she would do it with me, I thought that was kinda hot.

I wish I could have done something to defend myself, but I am not disappointed on how I handled myself. Sometimes ya just gotta admit that your fucked and live to fight another day.
    Wouldnt have pulled it when he had the gun to my head. I have no qualms about shooting someone in the back though if they have put a fucking gun to my head. Hopefully I will never have to use a gun for anything other than target practice or hunting, but I just want the piece of mind that there will be a somewhat level playing field if I am ever in another shit situation like this.
    Pure Washington 'tard genius. Instead of moving to a place with lighted entry ways....

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    Absolutely the only thing that would have prevented this robbery would have been for you to try to pull a gun. DK you need to fucking think before you post.

Had you tried to pull out a Desert Fucking Eagle you would be hurt or dead before you would have fumbled that cannon out from under your coat and the dude would have all your shit and another sweet gun... win/win, really.

So what lovely Burgh did this little altercation happen in?
    tipp, did you read ALL my post??? MEBE the part about "if you CHOOSE to carry a weapon, you had BETTER be able and WILLING to use it AND understand ALL possible ramifications of your actions"???
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    you pull the gun after he has removed his gun from your head. Come on Tip.

Pieces of shit like this deserve to die. Fuck all your little liberal pansy ass bullshit.

Reasonable defense could be that the laptop had nude pics and the address of the girlfriend. Speaking of which, if this is the case, your lady friend might want to move.
    Not her address, but he has my address and unit number. Ive been talking with management about me getting a different unit in the complex. They also are going to install lighting to that entrance. Its the perfect place for thieves right now, as there is no lights on the street for about 300 feet in either direction and there is woodlands right across the street.

I would totally start carrying grenades of C4.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Pure Washington 'tard genius. Instead of moving to a place with lighted entry ways....
    Do you require supplemental oxygen on your fucking high horse?

Hugh Conway Guest
    Do you require supplemental oxygen on your fucking high horse?
    You should print out this thread so potential muggers know who they are dealing with.

I have no qualms about shooting someone in the back though if they have put a fucking gun to my head.
    Bad idea.