Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Where did this happen? I'd like to know so I can stay away from there.

Just want to say people willing to be dead for materail things don't have much to loose.

Now you have reason to "replace" those nekkid pix of said GF.
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Minus all the bravado in this thread, the perfect concealed weapon is the .380 auto. It's lacks the stopping power of some larger calibers, but it's compact and easy to handle...
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Pow4Brains View Post
    Now you have reason to "replace" those nekkid pix of said GF.
    And the OP would have posted them here, he would still have copies of them.....

Rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    And the OP would have posted them here, he would still have copies of them.....

Rookie.
    TGR, better than Mozy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

That sux man.

Nothing replaces situational awareness.
    Bush got C's.... Obama probably failed lunch

Quote Originally Posted by Stone-Free View Post
    +1

I've very bummed to read of your experience, and no amount of 'what if' scenarios will make you feel better. Maybe if you were armed maybe there would be one less bad guy or maybe one less mag. No way to know.

SA will save your life by keeping you out of bad situations a lot more than brandishing a firearm. Carry yourself larger than you really are and pay attention to your surroundings. Criminals go after low-hanging fruit and those who appear to have 'victim' stamped on their forehead for the path of least resistance.

of course, I also believe you have every right to protect and defend yourself and being armed is a right I think every law-abiding citizen should exercise. my daily carry is a Kel Tec P11 but I'm switching to a Smith & Wesson J lightweight J frame revolver (see below) in a couple more pay checks. Never had an autoloader fail on me after thousands of rounds, but trust wheelguns to always go bang when you pull the trigger.

I've also had a 1911 as a CCW and a Glock 23, which are great open-carry handguns, but I keep going smaller for CCW.

My next handgun purchase for CCW...

Quote Originally Posted by Stone-Free View Post
    That sux man.

My thoughts exactly.
    I'm all for concealed carry, but it's the people-watching that saves the most lives.
    Dark, alone, someone within 10ft, all sorts of bells and alarms should be going off. Glad you were not hurt, laptop/wallet are not worth your life.

my brother was robbed under similar circumstances and I've been thinking of doing a little "perp. removal program" in the Seattle area. It would entail a bit of electronics engineering to set up some fake laptops which are actually IED's that can be remotely triggered after the "theft" occurs. Kind of dangerous and likely very illegal, but I figure 10-12 of these all over a town would maybe give pause to potential thieves. We need to find a way to fight back!

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    my brother was robbed under similar circumstances and I've been thinking of doing a little "perp. removal program" in the Seattle area. It would entail a bit of electronics engineering to set up some fake laptops which are actually IED's that can be remotely triggered after the "theft" occurs. Kind of dangerous and likely very illegal, but I figure 10-12 of these all over a town would maybe give pause to potential thieves. We need to find a way to fight back!
    Wire a tazer to the power button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    I like this idea. I also like the idea of killing bad guys. But I'll be one more preacher in the choir telling you that in this circumstance packing heat wouldn't have helped you a bit. That's not to say in the next circumstance (since you admit you're a magnet for them) it wouldn't. Best thing to do to decide which gun is right is to go to a range where you can shoot their guns, and find which gun fits you/you're needs.

A labtop and wallet are never worth the slightest chance of your life being taken. The pics of your girlfriend however, different story. Please direct me to the thread that contains them.

...800 rounds of ammunition required...

holy shit, man!!

Quote Originally Posted by crstlextrm View Post
    This happened in the lovely beach community of Des Moines, WA.

A Desert Eagle would be a bit much, I want something smaller/lighter that I can carry everywhere I go. I have no qualms about taking someones life if they threaten mine. I dont give a shit if I put a couple between the shoulder blades as they leave, I guess Ill just pin my hopes on jury nullification.
    I hope you also don't have any qualms about life in prison, or der poopenhausen being violated, because if you shoot someone in the back it's going to be Murder, not Self Defense.
    Please, if you have this attitude, don't carry a gun. I like my gun rights, and I don't really want bullets flying though my appartment walls either.

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    Not so true anymore. Especially if the perp has a laptop which conceivably could have all of the necessary information to steal your identity, which is a major threat to your life.

Multiple cases in Washington State have sided with property owners. I would not be worried about shooting some piece of shit in the back that just stole your computer and wallet at gunpoint. Besides, all you have to do is yell "hey, asshole" and the dickface would probably turn around, ready to be capped. Just don't forget to take off the safety, and chamber a round.
    You're a scary dude.

Situational awareness is the right answer here. In the future when it's dark and someone is walking towards you, put distance between you and him even if it means going off the sidewalk. His intentions would become clear at that point. If you did have a concealed weapon, you could put your hand on it and chances are he would have realized the posture and moved on.

Of course, being the victim is easier, and Tipp would appreciate it.

Glad you're OK. Computer and wallet not worth getting shot. Both can be replaced, and gf will pose again. Difficult to diffuse this one, even armed.

I carry a lot and used to be in law enforcement. I pulled my gun once in 8 years, on a guy that was going to ram my door with a motorcycle as I got out. Scared the shit out of me.

BTW, shooting 800 rounds isn't much. My advice is to get a firearm you are comfortable with, whether it be a revolver or automatic. If you can find an auto that has a .22 kit, you can cut down the cost of getting proficient. Find a local gun club that shoots IDPA if you really want to get used to shooting. Lots of fun too. www.IDPA.com
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by crstlextrm View Post
    This happened in the lovely beach community of Des Moines, WA.

A Desert Eagle would be a bit much, I want something smaller/lighter that I can carry everywhere I go. I have no qualms about taking someones life if they threaten mine. I dont give a shit if I put a couple between the shoulder blades as they leave, I guess Ill just pin my hopes on jury nullification.
    Yeah, well you won't have much luck with a jury if you shoot someone in the back as they are leaving you. You will just look like a pussy who deserves what he gets. I understand it is stressful being robbed (growing up in NY, I've been robbed more than a few times), but you can't commit murder when someone is turned away from you and leaving without inflicting any physical harm on you.
    I gots the jacket with the blue fox fur

gLad youre ok mag. Go skiing and clear your mind. React in a calm and collected manner. Make decisions about how you want to prevent this kind of thing once youve had a little while to think it over and digest it.
    Goals for the season: -Try and pick up a sponsor.--Phill

But whatever scares you most... --Rip'nStick

If you have a old school laser sight nobody will be robbin' you.
    Seriously I would go with the old school 1911.
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post

This surprises a lot of people, but guns are horrible at "subduing" people.
    What in the fuck are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLionfish View Post
    Yeah, well you won't have much luck with a jury if you shoot someone in the back as they are leaving you. You will just look like a pussy who deserves what he gets. I understand it is stressful being robbed (growing up in NY, I've been robbed more than a few times), but you can't commit murder when someone is turned away from you and leaving without inflicting any physical harm on you.
    That's why you yell, "HEY FUCKER!!!" as they are running away, so they will turn back around and look at you.....

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    Yeah, possibly. But it's still a tough sell to say that imminent threat to your life exists when the perp is fleeing the scene.
    That's why you roll em over and finish the job.

Quote Originally Posted by boredboiseboy View Post
    You're a scary dude.
    He's an angry, scary dude. What do you go around poking a stick into hornet's nest too just for shits and giggles?
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

Despite how angry you feel about it or how powerless you felt with their gun pressed against your head.

A laptop really isn't worth killing someone over.

sorry for holding you up, but the pictures of your girlfriend made it totally worth it
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster
    Absolutely the only thing that ...
    I'm fairly certain somebody posted in the 3 pages here that he was joking...that's how I read it. There isn't a much worse choice for concealed carry than a HUGE-frame Desert Eagle. Besides, I think it's a shitty gun to begin with. Unless you have frankenstein hands.

CrystalExtremo (sorry, I don't remember your name it's been a few years), do ask yourself - what would a cc permit have done for you here? You can't legally shoot a retreating robber in the back as they flee with your property - only if they're posing a danger to life for someone. Unless you saw the gun out as he approached...that's the only legal recourse for unholstering your gun. Otherwise, YOU go to jail. WITH him, provided he survives anyway.

Now keep in mind I understand having a CC, and would have one myself if my state issued them (they don't, and it's because they realise good hawaiian boys would be getting shot). But it wouldn't have done much in this situation.

I suppose you could have rolled the dice and see if the guy was willing to go for murder, but that's stupid.