I love watching the Maple Leafs lose.

I love it almost as much as watching the Habs win.

I like it even more now that King Asshole Burke is the GM.

9 games under .500? Ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post
    I love it almost as much as watching the canucks win.

I like it even more now that King Asshole Burke is the GM.

9 games under .500? Ha ha.
    FYP

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Ahh come on now, watching a shitty team lose is just pathetic.

You really wish they were good, and then wish they were losing.

It's a sad year to be a Leaf fan, that's for sure. Quite the disaster happening here. My friends and I used to get together to watch abourt 50% of all the games. This season, we've gotten together twice. Nobody even wants to watch this steaming pile of human waste attempt to play hockey anymore.

Leafs do have some building blocks for the future though - we will see what Burke can do in a couple years. Sucks so far, though.

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    i have only one real thing to say, FUCK THE HABS. That is all
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

Shouldn't it be Maple Leaves?

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    Shouldn't it be Maple Leaves?
    No.

Here's what I found on the internets:

After taking control on Valentine's Day 1927, Smythe immediately renamed the team the Maple Leafs. (The Toronto Maple Leafs baseball team had won the International League championship a few months earlier and had been using that name for 30 years.) The Maple Leafs say that the name was chosen in honour of the Maple Leaf Regiment from World War I. Another story says that Smythe named the team after a team he'd once scouted, called the East Toronto Maple Leafs. Initial reports were that the team's colours would be changed to red and white,[3] but the Leafs were wearing white sweaters with a green maple leaf for their first game on February 17, 1927[4] The next season, the Leafs appeared for the first time in the blue and white sweaters they have worn ever since. The Maple Leafs say that blue represents the Canadian skies and white represents snow, but in truth blue has been Toronto's principal sporting colour since the Toronto Argonauts adopted blue as their primary colour in 1873.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    No.

Here's what I found on the internets:

After taking control on Valentine's Day 1927, Smythe immediately renamed the team the Maple Leafs. (The Toronto Maple Leafs baseball team had won the International League championship a few months earlier and had been using that name for 30 years.) The Maple Leafs say that the name was chosen in honour of the Maple Leaf Regiment from World War I. Another story says that Smythe named the team after a team he'd once scouted, called the East Toronto Maple Leafs. Initial reports were that the team's colours would be changed to red and white,[3] but the Leafs were wearing white sweaters with a green maple leaf for their first game on February 17, 1927[4] The next season, the Leafs appeared for the first time in the blue and white sweaters they have worn ever since. The Maple Leafs say that blue represents the Canadian skies and white represents snow, but in truth blue has been Toronto's principal sporting colour since the Toronto Argonauts adopted blue as their primary colour in 1873.

I was kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Ahh come on now, watching a shitty team lose is just pathetic.

You really wish they were good, and then wish they were losing.

It's a sad year to be a Leaf fan, that's for sure. Quite the disaster happening here. My friends and I used to get together to watch abourt 50% of all the games. This season, we've gotten together twice. Nobody even wants to watch this steaming pile of human waste attempt to play hockey anymore.

Leafs do have some building blocks for the future though - we will see what Burke can do in a couple years. Sucks so far, though.
    Building blocks as in super-high draft picks?

Burke fucked you.
    I have the El Nino blues.

I also take great pleasure in watching the Leafs choke. I dated a Torontonian for over a year, and can say, first hand, without reservation; There is nobody more arrogant, annoying, presumptuous and undeservingly self-entitled than a leafs fan. I once witnessed them parading in the streets and carrying on like they had won the Stanley Cup; after a first round playoff victory. They proceeded to lose in the next round, nowhere near even the conference semis...

Oh, wait. There is ONE other sports fan that comes close. Fucking HABS FANS!!

Who's the winningest team in the history of Hockey? Hmmm, pretty sure it's the Habs...

Fuck the Leafs!!!!

and fuck the Canucks too, what a bunch of clowns
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Powder

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    There is nobody more arrogant, annoying, presumptuous and undeservingly self-entitled than a leafs fan...
    i really gotta start paying more attention to these guys!

Last year I was rooting for them to lose. (cos high draft pics were lucrative) but the fucking idiots couldnt even lose properly.
    Now no draft pics, no good, going nowhere, fuck em!, Drain my blood out. Im out fuck!
    Last edited by Huckin eh?; 01-25-2010 at 10:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    what happened to Shadam this year? Usually by now he is posting drinking reports daily.

I hope Christian Hansen scores 50 goals but the Leafs still suck.

Quote Originally Posted by wetcoaster View Post
    Building blocks as in super-high draft picks?

Burke fucked you.
    I agree that the situation this season (and probably next as well) is grim, however they do in fact have some glimmers of hope:

-Phil Kessel is a great player.
    -Kulemin gets better seemingly every week
    -Gunnarsson shows promise as a great D-man
    -Schenn is coming along nicely (bit of a shitty start for the first half of the year)
    -Bozak has got some speed, and should be a decent 2nd or 3rd line guy
    -Stalberg has been half-decent, just needs some more time to develop.
    -Kadri is tearing it up in junior this year
    -D'Amigo had a very good WJ tourney
    -Gustavsson has shown he can be a good goaltender - some more work with Allaire should help

Yes, most of this is all "who knows" bullshit, but then again so are these mystical draft picks that Burke traded away. Phil Kessel is a great hockey player and so far the trade has been 100% in the Leafs favour, since none of those picks are playing in the NHL. In 3-4 years time, we can honestly look at the trade and see if "Burke fucked us".

About half the team are free-agents at the end of the year. With the Leafs so far in the basement, will Burke trade away most of them to recoup picks, but then virtually guarantee a top-3 pick to Boston? The way this season is going, probably.

Burke was given a very young, and very bad team to start out with. I'm fine with giving him 3 years to see what he can do. I don't expect every move to be perfect, but as long as the good outweigh the bad I'm happy with it. After JFJ it's all a Leaf fan can really ask for. Baby steps...

What I want to know is why Canucks fans have so much hatred for Burke. He built a solid team for you guys, and for some reason is hated for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    I also take great pleasure in watching the Leafs choke. I dated a Torontonian for over a year, and can say, first hand, without reservation; There is nobody more arrogant, annoying, presumptuous and undeservingly self-entitled than a leafs fan.
    Sounds like a real cunt. Glad you got rid of her.

We're not all bad, you know!