Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I just fixed my TV with JB Weld, watcha got?

So I was swapping out components today on our older TV in the bedroom and was undoing the cable from the back of the TV, it comes off fairly quickly, but I notice something a bit wierd. The actual male end that is mounted on the back of the tv is now attached to the cable from the wall.
    The freakin' thing popped off of the mount from the interior. I took the back off the TV and pushed the end back onto the mount and it still was working as long as the connection was made.
    A little jb weld around the base of the male end and reconnected it to the TV, and 30 min later wa-la! I'm a TV repair guy. Hopefully it works for awhile.

So what have you jury-rigged lately???
    Skiing, where my mind is even if my body isn't.

i frequently use zip ties to mend this one particular stool in my life....

And duct tape is currently holding on one of the blinkers on my car...

Does that count?
    Buy nice things here.
    www.motorcityglassworks.com

Duct tape, JB weld, box cutter and needle nose pliers is all you need to fix anything.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Yes, WS is correctomundo these items should be standard in your tool kit.

I wanna shirt that says everything I know I learned from Red Green. Three people would get it but I would find it funny as shit.

"If they don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." Red Green.
    Skiing, where my mind is even if my body isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    Duct tape, JB weld, box cutter and needle nose pliers is all you need to fix anything.
    You forgot WD-40....
    All of life’s problems can be solved with two things—duct tape and WD40. If it moves and it shouldn’t, you need duct tape. And if it doesn’t move and it should, you need WD40.
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    Quote Originally Posted by CaddyDaddy77 View Post

I wanna shirt that says everything I know I learned from Red Green. Three people would get it but I would find it funny as shit.

"Women If they don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy, i'm pulling for you." Red Green.
    that is FAR from the best quote. For you relationship type guys, this phrase can save you a LOT of anguish once you realize it is true. I am a man, I can change, if i have to, i guess.
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

I was enlarging the cable stops (so I could run full length housing) on an old MTB frame with a dremel with a cut off wheel (not the best choice, I may have been drunk), slipped and put a nice cut into my to tube about 1/2" in front of the seat tube.

I JB Welded that sucker, still ride that bike quite a bit and 3 years later haven't had any problems.

Recently, the only thing I did was solder a new TRS connector on the audio portion of my GF's ski helmet. The bitch part was, the slightly bigger than hair sized internal wires, instead of using standard rubber insulation, are coated with some unknown substance. I had to burn that shit off with a propane torch and then clean the gunk off with flux core solder and a sucker before I could solder them on. That was a PITA.

Oh and I once mounted a camera to a skateboard using a ski vice, pedal wrench (with a whole in it), a nut, some washers and a 1/4" screw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Quote Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
    Oh and I once mounted a camera to a skateboard using a ski vice, pedal wrench (with a whole in it), a nut, some washers and a 1/4" screw.
    End up taking any pics?
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    End up taking any pics?
    Yup, but just like the time I mounted my camera via a Pod to my bike's (actually the JB welded one) handlebars for the self portrait MPC, I ended up being more proud of my contraption than the photos I took with it.

I think I was too nervous with the skateboard/camera set up to really do anything with it. 4 inches between my SLR and moving pavement makes me a little uneasy. Rolling slowly down a quiet suburban street=super lame photos
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

sounds like a good way to screw up and bust a nut, but we all have our vices

i fixed a cracked radiation in my old honda civic, put 100k miles on it and never had to replace the radiator. from then on i was sold on jb weld. i keep a couple spare tubes on hand at all times.

last month i fixed my car indicator switch with a propane burner and 2 nails.
    life in the real world does'nt work...back to the snow.

The front end on my Jeep is held together with zip ties and epoxy.
    Zip ties get old and have to be replaced semi-annually.

I fixed my surfboard with billy mays mighty putty and shoe-goo. seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by That was Pontus View Post
    You forgot WD-40....
    you also forgot bailing wire.

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    you also forgot bailing wire.
    bailing wire holds the west together.

Quote Originally Posted by CaddyDaddy77 View Post

"If they don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." Red Green.
    Most folks would get it up this way. Red Green is as popular as Prairie Home Companion, just two very different audiences. In MN, your either in one camp or the other, rarely both.
    Five minutes into the drive and you're already driving me crazy...

an LT had pulled out hinge fasteners and I glued them back into the plastic case with 2 part slowset epoxy

fixed a lot of ski gear & gloves with aqua seal

fixed a throttle cable on my Ford Van with those electric connectors that use set screws on both sides. Worked great until I sold the van.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

i butted a broken serpentine belt back together and stitched it up with steel tie wire to get off the side of I-25 about 35 miles S of Raton, NM

I think you've written a good post to entice readers to click on your links.

who hasn't fixed a cracked gun stock with electrical tape?
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

I JB welded the timing chain guide on my car. It's still holding after 12k miles. Surface preparation is key.

JB Weld and waterproof high voltage sealant tape are currently covering a large hole in the fuel fill pipe of my truck
    __________________________________________________ _
    "Son, when you participate in sporting events, its not whether you win or loose, its how drunk you get." - Homer Simpson