Renting a car in Seattle

My flight will be getting in around 8:00 PM. What is cheapest way to go about renting a car? Is there an easy option to avoid the airport surcharges? Maybe with a quick taxi ride? Keep in mind I probably won't pick the car up until 9 PM and will be returning it at 4 AM.

If you're returning a car at 4am, you probably want to rent from the airport. I don't know any off airport locations in Seattle that are open that early.

I'd just bid on Priceline for a car out of Sea-Tac. I always start at 1/2 off the going rate on regular Priceline...seems to work.

Quote Originally Posted by FJ62 View Post
    If you're returning a car at 4am, you probably want to rent from the airport. I don't know any off airport locations in Seattle that are open that early.

I'd just bid on Priceline for a car out of Sea-Tac. I always start at 1/2 off the going rate on regular Priceline...seems to work.
    Good to know. I was thinking some places wouldn't have to be open to drop the car off.

I've picked up cars downtown and dropped at the airport and avoided the surcharge. Have a reservation, but check out priceline at the last minute and see what you find. With priceline/hotwire you pay at booking and if plans change, your SOL.

You can get anywhere just about on the bus. Also the monorail runs to Kent
    and the super mall now. Thetourist info at baggage has live people to help and all the bus route maps.

Not sure about the surcharges however I have rented cars from Thrifty which is off site by about two miles and runs a shuttle. Their rates have always been pretty reasonable. I generally park my car there when I fly. After a certain time in the evening I think you may have to phone them for a pick up.

I'm actually traveling home and picking my car up today, I'll ask the shuttle driver about it and report back.

Fox rental is the cheapest. They are off-site and have a shuttle every 15 minutes to and from. They open at 4 am
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Fox rental is the cheapest. They are off-site and have a shuttle every 15 minutes to and from. They open at 4 am
    Ends up being more than 3rd party sites. I think I'll go the priceline route.

FWIW, Thrifty confirmed that the are open 24 hours.
    Shuttle service, pick up and drop off.

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    You can get anywhere just about on the bus. Also the monorail runs to Kent
    and the super mall now. Thetourist info at baggage has live people to help and all the bus route maps.
    Yeah, and you can take the Jolly Trolley to Old Town... but mind the gap and stay off the Orange Line after dark.

WTF?!?