Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sucks for you j-hole burners...

http://billingsgazette.com/news/stat...cc4c002e0.html

Home / News / State and Regional News / Wyoming News
    Wyoming troopers seize over 100 pounds of marijuana

* Story
    * Discussion

Associated Press | Posted: Friday, January 22, 2010 6:40 am | No Comments Posted

Font Size:
    Default font size
    Larger font size

CHEYENNE, Wyo. - Troopers with the Wyoming Highway Patrol have seized more than 100 pounds of high-grade marijuana on Interstate 80 in recent days.

The Highway Patrol reports that troopers seized the marijuana in five separate traffic stops on the interstate since Jan. 15.

The agency said six people have been arrested and charged with possession of drugs with the intent to deliver them.

Troopers seized 500 pounds of marijuana last year and said they could be on track to seize even more this year at the current rate.

Like it matters. There is SOOOOO much weed being grown semi-legally in Montana right now that there will probably never be a shortage in the northern Rockies again.

100lbs is a drop in the proverbial bucket.

Seems like an impact for the least populous state in the union.
    (shrug)

Wink

"It's not Wyoming, it's Jackson"

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Like it matters. There is SOOOOO much weed being grown semi-legally in Montana right now that there will probably never be a shortage in the northern Rockies again.
    Explain?
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

The whole medical marijuana thing is rolling like a freight train. The free weekly newspaper has multiple full pages worth of ads for dispensaries/providers. There are two within six blocks of my house.

A provider can grow up to six plants per providee. There is absolutely no way that an average mm patient can smoke the weed of six intensively managed and carefully bred plants. So it goes to the grey market...just like in California.

In other words, all the growing is legal. It has to transfer into the non-legal market at some point but think about how easy that is....no borders, no gangs, no violence...just lots of people growing weed, legally.

Quote Originally Posted by dk_alaskan View Post
    Explain?
    I'd imagine it's growers using their medical cards to grow but going over the plant limits, if it's anything like in Colorado.

Weed on I-80 is almost certainly not headed to Jackson, its headed from the west coast to point east. Its too bad Wyoming can't follow the lead of our neighbors (Montana and Colorado) and pass a medical marijuana law. I don't think it will ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Woolly the Mammoth View Post
    Weed on I-80 is almost certainly not headed to Jackson, its headed from the west coast to point east.
    Great point. North-south corridors make more sense.

Yup, Root nailed it.

Its becoming a semi legal cash crop right now and people are jumping on it like crazy. LEGALLY!!!!! I know more than a few people that are LEGALLY growing high grade marijuana by the trailer full right now. More and more people are getting into it and everybody is getting their green card for everything from cancer to a twisted ankle.

Its turning into British Columbia around here.

I'd bet it won't be long til its legalized in Montana so that the state can collect some revenue off of a cash crop that has been seriously underutilized.

doughboyshredder Guest
    There is absolutely no way that an average mm patient can smoke the weed of six intensively managed and carefully bred plants.
    In how many days? LOL. 4 oz per plant x 6 is 24 ounces. 1-2 oz a week for some patients. 3 month supply. intensively managed and carefully bred plants take at least 5-6 months. IMO the limit is too low.

Especially since a lot of mm patients refine it in to bho. 1 oz = a few grams.

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    In how many days? LOL. 4 oz per plant x 6 is 24 ounces. 1-2 oz a week for some patients. 3 month supply. intensively managed and carefully bred plants take at least 5-6 months.
    I'm certainly no expert but I think some people are getting more than that and more often.

And if someone is seriously going through 2 oz a week, I think maybe they need a different medicine.

it IS pretty hilarious how the Independent now seems to have weed shops as there primary source of income (and the rockin rudy's back page ad).
    They're popping up like houses in a new subdivision.
    2oz a week? How would someone have any brain cells left?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I'm getting hungry
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

doughboyshredder Guest
    I'm certainly no expert but I think some people are getting more than that and more often.

And if someone is seriously going through 2 oz a week, I think maybe they need a different medicine.
    I suppose if it was legal and you could do everything to the nth degree...

yeah, no shit huh? Still they are out there.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    it IS pretty hilarious how the Independent now seems to have weed shops as there primary source of income (and the rockin rudy's back page ad).
    They're popping up like houses in a new subdivision.
    2oz a week? How would someone have any brain cells left?
    It amazes me that you consistently top your own stupidity.

POT DOES NOT KILL BRAIN CELLS

Dude, DBS for someone who burns as much as you do, you're awfully high strung. Maybe it's time to switch strains?

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    It amazes me that you consistently top your own stupidity.

POT DOES NOT KILL BRAIN CELLS
    Surprisingly he is right, it does not kill brain cells, BUT:

"Not surprisingly, marijuana intoxication can cause distorted perceptions, impaired coordination, difficulty in thinking and problem solving, and problems with learning and memory. Research has shown that marijuana’s adverse impact on learning and memory can last for days or weeks after the acute effects of the drug wear off.2 As a result, someone who smokes marijuana every day may be functioning at a suboptimal intellectual level all of the time."

Which is pretty factual and balanced. I expected a government site to paint it as completely evil.
    "No avy training but I've watched K2 so many times I think I know what to look for." -JoeStrummer

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyplane View Post
    As a result, someone who smokes marijuana every day may be functioning at a suboptimal intellectual level all of the time."
    Lifes to short to function at optimal brain level all the time.
    Fuck I'd never get anything done at optimal brain level
    sometimes well I guess a lot of the times poke smot and git er done
    Take skinning do you need to be fully optimalized to fuckin slog uphill.
    Or drive 80 across country
    trail shortener
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyplane View Post
    Surprisingly he is right, it does not kill brain cells, BUT:

"Not surprisingly, marijuana intoxication can cause distorted perceptions, impaired coordination, difficulty in thinking and problem solving, and problems with learning and memory. Research has shown that marijuana’s adverse impact on learning and memory can last for days or weeks after the acute effects of the drug wear off.2 As a result, someone who smokes marijuana every day may be functioning at a suboptimal intellectual level all of the time."

Which is pretty factual and balanced. I expected a government site to paint it as completely evil.
    You just took the top of the stupid people on tgr list.

Myth: Marijuana use impairs learning ability.
    Fact: A 1996 U.S. government study claims that heavy marijuana use may impair learning ability. The key words are heavy use and may. This claim is based on studying people who use marijuana daily--a sample that represents less than 1 percent of all marijuana users. This study concluded: 1) Learning impairments cited were subtle, minimal, and may be temporary. In other words, there is little evidence that such learning impairments even exist. 2) Long-term memory was not affected by heavy marijuana use. 3) Casual marijuana users showed no signs of impaired learning. 4) Heavy alcohol use was cited as being more detrimental to the thought and learning process than heavy marijuana use.
    http://www.cannabismd.net/cerebral-effects/

A 1988 study of rhesus monkeys showed that high doses of THC impairs visual recognition memory, but not discrimination learning, even at very high does. [11] While clinical testing of human subjects indicates that cannabis use mildly interferes with short-term memory functions in novice users, long-term memory and learning skills are not affected. Minor short-term memory impairment induced by cannabis intoxication is temporary. Experienced users who have developed a tolerance to the psychoactive drug frequently display no signs of cerebral impairment while under the influence of cannabis. The natural development of a tolerance to the cerebral effects of cannabinoids is well established and was clearly recognized by the Institute of Medicine in 1999. [12]

let me guess... "Troopers estimated the value of the weed at roughly $144 Billion dollars..."

intensively managed and carefully bred plants take at least 5-6 months.
    huh?

1kw light+4 weeks veg+12 weeks flower=~1lb+/plant (x2-3 5.5' tall plants in a 5' light circle)

now lets roll with some real "producer" numbers...

take cuts, 10 days to root+2 weeks to veg+50 day flower=8x1/4lb plants in 74 days=<3 months and 3.5 weeks of that is overlap from one crop to the next

AK47=47 days in flower before 50% of trichs go amber

indoor Trainwreck=7 days to root from cuttings+X veg time+50 days flower(45 w/CO2)=knock dick in dirt

skilled hydro grower+CO2+H2O2=1g/watt/70 days from cuts with a decent strain

Legalize It already man!!
    Just breathe

that would fuck profits and kill a billion dollar industry (the justice system)

besides, God would punish us just like He's doing with Haiti

Heh. I never would have seen something liek that in the paper growing up in AZ.