Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TR: 01/21/10 sleeper deeper day

This came out of nowhere. Glad GT40 grabbed the camera. 7 inches reported, but the reason photos often didn't work is because the skier was completely white roomed. The first two runs were over the head each turn.

Starting to probe landings and seeing things changing quickly. Forecast is solid too. It's about damn time.

Here are a few mellow pow pics from today. Pics are by GT40. The light wasn't the greatest for shooting, but the new 7D plus Lightroom gives you a ton of room to work over the photos. I can't wait to see what happens on a sunny day.

Basinbum getting some:

MOE building a white wall:

MD9 meadow skipping:

Basinbum and waterfall:

MOE hauling as usual:

MD9 a fraction of a second before completely disappearing:

MOE in a haunted forest (seriously, just above this spot a tree ate a skier):

MD9 catching a slight glimpse of life outside the white room:

Now to start working so we can can do it all again tomorrow.

Lightroom is stronger than crack. Trust me.

Sick shots.
    Ein Berg ohne Absturzgefahr ist nur noch Attrappe. (Reinhold Messner)

ridiculous MD9....great stuff
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

I'm lovin' this shot...
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

thaank you GT
    yes its true you are a good woman, then again you may be the antichrist
    08/09-- i quit counting

It's fun to be out shooting again.

On the last run, MOE put me & the camera in the white room. Took me all evening to dry everything out again. I do love the new 7D, and the bright skier clothes.
    I want a 6" travel 20lb MTB. I found the 20lb MTB, but only good for riders under 87 pounds.

Great pics. I assume those are Snowbasin? If so, how's the coverage up there? I've heard it's thin, but those pics beg to differ.
    Is the no name area open? Have any of the upper bowls been open yet this year (sorry for my snowbasin jonginess. I've only been up there a few times and just don't know how the terrain opening situation works in a low snow year). Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GT40 View Post
    It's fun to be out shooting again.

On the last run, MOE put me & the camera in the white room. Took me all evening to dry everything out again. I do love the new 7D, and the bright skier clothes.
    I skied that same run on my exit and it was beyond deep. I knew you guys were going to score some great shots. Going up now to recon a few LZs before we get buried again.

Quote Originally Posted by meatdrink9 View Post
    MD9 catching a slight glimpse of life outside the white room:

Thanks. Love this pic. The lift tower creeping into frame and extending it's cable tendrils = $.

holy photo slutting turns batman!!

this succeeded in getting me stoked
    Live

Ok I see how it is. Sick.

I'm dyin over here,ULLR hath forsaken the righteous.
    Calmer than you dude

Quote Originally Posted by freshie247 View Post
    I'm dyin over here,ULLR hath forsaken the righteous.
    You Righteous!! LOL

Well maybe skiing righteous.
    I want a 6" travel 20lb MTB. I found the 20lb MTB, but only good for riders under 87 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by skiski View Post
    Great pics. I assume those are Snowbasin? If so, how's the coverage up there? I've heard it's thin, but those pics beg to differ.
    Is the no name area open? Have any of the upper bowls been open yet this year (sorry for my snowbasin jonginess. I've only been up there a few times and just don't know how the terrain opening situation works in a low snow year). Thanks
    The coverage in general is thin. Upper bowls have been open, but still pretty rocky. This wind today is sure to scower them. The ridge top wind gust have been over 70 mph for the last 6 hours. The skiing is good "IF" you happen to hit it right after a good storm. But it doesn't last very long. May get better over the next few weeks.

funny. i was about to page you guys to the white courtesy phone earlier this morning. nice shots GT! i like the new hat look too .

Quote Originally Posted by flatNshallow View Post

I'm lovin' this shot...
    Me too.........

Nay,could it be,..there are those that art more pious than me? I might be inclined to indulge the contemplation of the merest speculation of such utterances,but I feel that in good faith ,it's only fair to warn that this could be bordering on blasphemy!
    Last edited by freshie247; 01-23-2010 at 10:13 AM.
    Calmer than you dude

nice work guys
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Powduuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Helloooooooooo Kitty!

Quote Originally Posted by criscam View Post
    funny. i was about to page you guys to the white courtesy phone earlier this morning. nice shots GT! i like the new hat look too .
    Yeah, we'd heard enough times from enough people that the full face lid is over the top for pow photos (if you want to publish them), but if it's a pow day you better believe I'm going to be jumping off cliffs. So now we keep beanies in pockets and throw them on for the pow photos.

BTW, today was deep again. Snowing hard when I left. We need to drag you back up north soon.

MD9- a few of us Coloradoans are heading out that way tonight and are planning on skiing Snowbasin on Sunday. If you're going to be up there, it would be great to hook up for a few runs... if you don't mind showing us around a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    MD9- a few of us Coloradoans are heading out that way tonight and are planning on skiing Snowbasin on Sunday. If you're going to be up there, it would be great to hook up for a few runs... if you don't mind showing us around a bit.
    I'll be there. I'd be happy to show you guys around. We'll have snow. The key will be what gates/terrain will be open. It might be early/middle of next week before the rowdy terrain gets cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by freshie247 View Post
    Nay,could it be,..there are those that art more pious than me? I might be inclined to indulge the contemplation of the merest speculation of such utterances,but I feel that in good faith ,it's only fair to warn that this could be bordering blasphemy!
    Love your vernacular. LOL

pppp...ooowww.....dd....errrrrr. What is that?

Thanks for the beautiful memories!

Quote Originally Posted by basinbum View Post
    thaank you GT
    nice work fellers.

wish we were there. glad you're getting some.