Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

llll

Fifth chair in line super deep
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Post a phone pic or it didn't happen.

Any Front Range mags that drove down this morning on 285? I'd like to know how the roads/snow is around the 285/17 intersection near Villa Grove.
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    both
    Pretty much
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by baxter View Post
    Hopefully the pass is open for you guys. The snow at my house in Durango is waiste deeps and it's still dumping. Should be an epic day. I doubt i'll be able to make it. But Pugatory should be good too. Anyone going to Wolf Creek Sunday?
    andi, our crew will be there saturday and sunday (me, ethan, mike, rachel, and evan)

48 inch storm but its like sierra cement... skiing the top 6... lame... hear its that way alll around san juans... and avi rose is completely black
    And blurred wrecked his neck on a front flip by going way to far out... cattrack make bad landings
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I 2nd Summit's assessment. Very heavy nearly unskiable. Need to be on steeps or you're stuck even then could be a femur breaker. Thought it would be better as it got cut up but no joy.... I gave up gonna wait a few days...

Be fuckin careful!

Purgatory also had extreemely heavy snow today. It was raining in Durango at midnight, not good. It was still super fun but not even close to as good as wed.

Jordan let me know for sure if you guys will be there sun, i'm still considering going even though the snow isn't ideal.

Not coming down to Wolfie now, and a lot of the crew that was going is now headed to UT due to the frigin insane forecast for Alta, etc.

I WILL chase a storm this year, oh yes I will

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Not coming down to Wolfie now, and a lot of the crew that was going is now headed to UT due to the frigin insane forecast for Alta, etc.
    Yeah, Poop Ghost had room in his car and departed Denver for Utah last night. I declined, since I have to take my 4 year old son to a birthday party on Saturday.

When will I learn, there is just no profit in parenting.
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

I know those guys, actually I am driving those guys......god I hate I-80

Heard that one before.

Utah in T minus 67 minutes.
    The Worst mistakes, make the best memories.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by PowTron
    Not coming down to Wolfie now, and a lot of the crew that was going is now headed to UT..
    u have chosen...wisely

We'll appreciate this wet stuff later as we need a good wet one to build the base, but for right now it sucks. Good to hear the road finally opened. I was worried there for a while. Couldn't find any info. I'm really thinking someone should create a website that has road conditions, closures, and maybe a few web cams here and there. That would make all of this so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Punch View Post
    I know those guys, actually I am driving those guys......god I hate I-80

Heard that one before.

Utah in T minus 67 minutes.
    Have fun, boys...And, I feel challenged now. I have to man up the next storm, kids and house closings, nothing will stand in our way

Quote Originally Posted by ^^^ View Post
    We'll appreciate this wet stuff later as we need a good wet one to build the base, but for right now it sucks. Good to hear the road finally opened. I was worried there for a while. Couldn't find any info. I'm really thinking someone should create a website that has road conditions, closures, and maybe a few web cams here and there. That would make all of this so much easier.
    Traffic, as well as ski area webcams on here http://www.dickgilbert.com/coloradocams.htm

^^

Quote Originally Posted by mdblows View Post
    Traffic, as well as ski area webcams on here http://www.dickgilbert.com/coloradocams.htm
    Check your sarcasm meter and your google skills.

cotrip.org

^^^, Dave FTW
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by ^^^ View Post
    Couldn't find any info. I'm really thinking someone should create a website that has road conditions, closures, and maybe a few web cams here and there. That would make all of this so much easier.
    That is such a good idea. We should also buy a bunch of snowplows to keep the roads clear, maybe plan on doing some avalanche control too.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    I 2nd Summit's assessment. Very heavy nearly unskiable. Need to be on steeps or you're stuck even then could be a femur breaker. Thought it would be better as it got cut up but no joy.... I gave up gonna wait a few days...

Be fuckin careful!
    jebus christ you folk are retarted. Learn to surf dildo and you won't be whining about sierra cement. It's like armature night at the Apollo.
    .....Visit my website. .....

"a yin without a yang"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Cop View Post
    jebus christ you folk are retarted. Learn to surf dildo and you won't be whining about sierra cement. It's like armature night at the Apollo.
    I'm glad someone said this. I can't believe the BS from some ppl riding there. The snow is over 5' deep,and they are not happy. Damn. Some ppl can't be happy at all. Lean back, float, and enjoy the awesome conditions.

Yesterday was off the hook at Wolfie. And yes, if you knew how to surf, Friday did not equal suck. Yesterday, however, was off the charts! Light fluff for all

Good stuff, glad some of Summit Co. went to Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    It's the same argument for prostitution. There's a lot of people in this world who won't be getting laid unless they pay big bucks or fuck an artificial life form. No amount of consolation, pity or comiserating is going to change that reality.
    Slaughter is the best medicine.

Second F.D.V. - yesterday was great especially for the first few hours. Early laps on ALberta chair followed by hikes out to Knife Ridge and Waterfall were well rewarded!

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    48 inch storm but its like sierra cement... skiing the top 6... lame... hear its that way alll around san juans... and avi rose is completely black
    bwahahahah!
    "I reckon i'm one of the only people who could ski this line" says my drunk friend

Last two days at wolf creek were beyond amazing. Saturday was in my top 5 days of all time.