Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation !!!! Kirkwood to open chairs 5 and 11 on weekends starting SATURDAY

Just called cokehead, go git sum kids. Weekend operations scheduled until the nov 20 opening date. $20 lift tickets. FKNA! Take that mammoth!

1-877-Kirkwoo (d)
    Last edited by DJSapp; 10-20-2004 at 10:24 AM.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Why do I know that Squaw will wait until 11/20 to open??? FUCKERS. Looks like I'm a drivin to Kirkwood this weekend.

I'm going to be there the 6th and 7th. I've never skied there, what's going to be open? Blue runs? Any other ski area in Tahoe that usually opens early, too?

Hey, there's some decent stuff off of 11 if there's enough snow. Of course, this early in the year enough snow involves covering the rocks (mostly) on the groomers.
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

Anybody from the north lake area wanna carpool down there Saturday or Sunday? PM me!!! Let's get it ON!!!

I will be there Sunday, but I'll be coming from the other direction.
    Fighting foot fungus one public bath house at a time!

My site

Hell yeah! Skiing before Halloween. Unbe-fukin-lievable

Holy F'in crap!!!!!! Take a look at the live cam....the place looks buried

http://kirkwood.com/webcam.asp

Of course, the weekend I have to leave town, Kirkwood has one of the earliest openings in years...but at least I'll be making some turns in Colorado dreaming about Kirkwood. FKNA!!!!

I'm seriously rethinking a Mammoth trip at this point. What's opening at at Mammoth?

Lane - Legoskier was planning on hiking Kirkwood on Sunday, so he's surely going on Sunday. He's up in Truckee, oto. PM him!!! Let's make some turns and bs geo-nerd crap on the lifts!!!

My site

Quote Originally Posted by splat
    I'm seriously rethinking a Mammoth trip at this point. What's opening at at Mammoth?
    Mammoth is going to have broadway and discovery, but says more is possible for the weekend. Earliest opening in 10 years

Oh yeah ...

F#CK MAMMOTH AND THIER $50 FOR 5 RUNS BS!!!

My site

Quote Originally Posted by Telenater
    Hey, there's some decent stuff off of 11 if there's enough snow. Of course, this early in the year enough snow involves covering the rocks (mostly) on the groomers.
    Hmmmm...I wonder what Waterfall looks like right now? Perhaps it may involve rope duckage though.

Why do I have to go to LA? If I could bail, I would hit both the Mammoth and Kirkwood openners. Bah! Oh well.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50
    Hmmmm...I wonder what Waterfall looks like right now? Perhaps it may involve rope duckage though.

Why do I have to go to LA? If I could bail, I would hit both the Mammoth and Kirkwood openners. Bah! Oh well.
    And even if you do get down waterfall it'self, you still have the drain to deal with. I played the waterskiing game last year. I don't feel a need to do it again.
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

Quote Originally Posted by Telenater
    And even if you do get down waterfall it'self, you still have the drain to deal with. I played the waterskiing game last year. I don't feel a need to do it again.
    Methinks the drain will be covered and set up. Who knows though.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

opening..

Ch1, Ch2, and Ch3, doubtful on 23 I'm thinking.
    I have mastered all major sporting activities to a high degree of mediocrity.

okl, looks like it will clear-up and warm up a bit thursday and friday...hmmmm...if the second storm comes in on Sat, I think I may hit the weed on sunday for those first turns of the year.

can folks who hit it Sat post their reports?

Methinks the drain will be covered and set up. Who knows though.
    No way. gotta agree with nater on this one, it is gonna be a death trap this weekend. if it opens someone will be getting taken out of there on a sled.

also, are you really gonna duck the rope on opening weekend to ski waterfall and run the risk of getting your pass clipped?

I made the mistake of going off-piste near chair 11 last year on opening day and there were rocks everywhere.

So for KW pass holders, do we have to wait in that long ass line or can we buy a ticket and get reimbursed later?

Quote Originally Posted by lph
    No way. gotta agree with nater on this one, it is gonna be a death trap this weekend. if it opens someone will be getting taken out of there on a sled.

also, are you really gonna duck the rope on opening weekend to ski waterfall and run the risk of getting your pass clipped?
    Oh great, the voice of reason. Come on man, we don't like that around here. Besides, I was just trying to goad you guys into doing some exploratory skiing. You know, take one for the team and all.

Quote Originally Posted by descender
    So for KW pass holders, do we have to wait in that long ass line or can we buy a ticket and get reimbursed later?
    Reimbursed? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

My only advice is get there EARLY.

[QUOTE=skier666]Holy F'in crap!!!!!! Take a look at the live cam....the place looks buried

http://kirkwood.com/webcam.asp

Holy shitballs batman that cam shot is sick!
    Suck It!

Reimbursed? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    Yeah I thought I heared a rumor to that effect, or something.

From squaw's site:
    "There are only 31 days until the lifts open!"

Quote Originally Posted by slippy
    I'm going to be there the 6th and 7th. I've never skied there, what's going to be open? Blue runs? Any other ski area in Tahoe that usually opens early, too?
    Right now only 11 and 5 are open and these only access intermediate terrain (and some short—300 foot—steeps which are pretty rocky early season and involve a lengthy flat, yet treacherous, traverse back to the lift). However, if they open chair 6, which goes to the top, all kinds of gnarr will be available. Kirkwood is really, really good in the early season with lots small drops and what not.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

Quote Originally Posted by Greydon Clark
    However, if they open chair 6...
    Please, please, don't say things like that. I'm having enough trouble dealing with all the excitement as it is. If they opened 6, I might have a heart attack.