Recommendations for a weekend trip from Munich

Hey,

Just found I have to go to Munich for a 2-week business trip in February, so I get a free weekend to do some skiing.

Looking for recommendations. Will have a car and could drive up after work on Friday and return to Munich Sunday evening.

Gnarly is good, IMHO. My home area is Crystal, have been to Valdez 3x, and I ski anything in any conditions, so I'm not looking for uber-long mellow on-piste stuff. Could care less about nightlife.

Went to St. Anton in '79, liked it but it was a low snow year and it was super warm that week, but it showed a lot a potential. Would go back if it was the best option, but was looking for other ideas that are within 3-4 hrs driving of Munich.

Anyone skied Lech/Zurs? What else should I look into?

Thanks!

All I can add is that I have an American friend that lives in Munich and drives to Anton every weekend where he rents a place for the season. Convenient and lots of terrain choices. Been getting the short end of the snowfall stick so far this year but that can change in a second.

EDIT: Lech and Zurs are easily accessible form St. Anton and are on the same lift ticket.
    Fresh Tracks are the ultimate graffitti.
    Schmear

Set forth the pattern to succeed.
    Sam Kavanagh

Friends of Tuckerman Ravine

Thanks - H-Man.

Others, if there's someone in Munich who's a competent skier and would provide local knowledge and be an experienced backgrountry partner in exchange for transportantion and lodging, I'd be game.

PM me if interested.

BD

Innsbruck, Davos, Dolomites

Garmisch Partenkirchen. Fun Spot for a coupel days. All elevations and terrian are available. Kick ass nightlife and its 45 minutes from Munich. 30 with a fast car.