View Poll Results: What ski resort do we destroy this year?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Burke

2 3.64%
  • Smuggs

5 9.09%
  • Whiteface

2 3.64%
  • Sugarbush

7 12.73%
  • Cannon

0 0%
  • Killington

0 0%
  • Hickory

0 0%
  • Jay

4 7.27%
  • Stowe

4 7.27%
  • Magic

31 56.36%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    I'll probably come up for sunday but not sure I can get saturday and sunday off.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpskier View Post
    Sounds like someone needs to pony up and Chair/Co-Chair this event or it may never happen...
    So who is going to earn this years prom king/queen?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Would anyone else want to chip in that house?

2/27?

I'm about ready to get some kegs and flats of eggs (almost)....

Ec represent!
    I'm down to chip in for the house. I was planning on going up for the comp anyway, plus I've never been to Magic, so its a win win. Don't care where I am, as long as I have a bed I guess. Was at Ullrfest and met a few ec maggots, but always looking to meet more people, as I'm always looking for more people to ski with. pm me if you need my info or need to get in touch. Thanks.

P.S. Speaking of comps...Mad River Glen's Triple Crown - first leg (unconvetional terrain), was rescheduled for March 27th instead of this upcoming weekend.
    Magic Mountain Freeride Team...bringing your grom's game to the next level.

The only ski you'll ever need...http://worthskis.com/skis/the-magic/

"Errare Humanum Est"

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    So who is going to earn this years prom king/queen?
    PMed you and a few others. I'll be ready to pull the trigger on the house reservation as soon as I get a few more definites.
    If it's too loud, you're too old

So is it offical that the summit is indeed the 27 of Feb???? if so disappointment will be setting in for me ,since i'll be riding dirtbikes and surfiing in coastarica that weekend, so maybe with alittle luck it will get changed back to the 22nd of feb......
    always forward but never straight

Need some more definites in order to do the converted church in Londonderry for Fri the 26th and Sat the 27th. It has 4 bedrooms and a loft (1 queen, 1 full, 6 twins). They claim it will sleep 8-10, I'm guessing that equals 16-20 mags . So far ml242 and his brother are in, I'm in, looks like njfreeskier is in (please confirm), buckethead can only do Sat night (is there someone who only wants Fri night?). If I'm going to be on the hook for 8 bills for the two nights, I gotta know that enough people are going to stay there to make it affordable.

I'm on-site with a client all day tomorrow, so I'll check back in the morning and then be back on after work. PM me or post here to reserve a spot.

2 days friday and saturday?

I can make friday but work saturday...

Quote Originally Posted by BushwackerinPA View Post
    2 days friday and saturday?

I can make friday but work saturday...
    I'm planning on party/sleep at/near Magic Fri and Sat nights. Ski at Magic Sat and Sun days. Having the place for Fri night gives people travelling from PA, NJ, Metro NY, etc. a place to crash rather than driving up in the wee hours of Sat morning. And it means the party starts earlier

Quote Originally Posted by GetAmped View Post
    Need some more definites in order to do the converted church in Londonderry for Fri the 26th and Sat the 27th. It has 4 bedrooms and a loft (1 queen, 1 full, 6 twins). They claim it will sleep 8-10, I'm guessing that equals 16-20 mags . So far ml242 and his brother are in, I'm in, looks like njfreeskier is in (please confirm), buckethead can only do Sat night (is there someone who only wants Fri night?). If I'm going to be on the hook for 8 bills for the two nights, I gotta know that enough people are going to stay there to make it affordable.

I'm on-site with a client all day tomorrow, so I'll check back in the morning and then be back on after work. PM me or post here to reserve a spot.
    So far I have 5 people (including myself) for both nights, 1 for Sat only. The total ($250 per night, $60 cleaning fee, VT tax) for both nights is $610 (+200 refundable security). Any couples looking for either big bed?

^^ thanks for working on this.
    just wanted to chime i that my going in on this is also based on enough people being in to make this affordable...

So far I have 5 people (including myself) for both nights, 1 for Sat only. The total ($250 per night, $60 cleaning fee, VT tax) for both nights is $610 (+200 refundable security). Any couples looking for either big bed?
    Is there one room with a big bed available for Saturday night only? Is it still $250++ for that one night? Feel free to PM me details if you want.

$250 for the one night when I live 20 minutes away is pretty steep, but it's nice knowing we can party without driving and have somewhere to put the baby to sleep...Pretty sure $250 is cheaper than a DUI...
    ‎"Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality." -Dolores LaChapelle

I'm in as well for both nights. Is there a bed left? I'm cool to throw down a sleeping bag as well... just give me details. And I'm driving up from NJ if anyone wants to carpool.

Is there one room with a big bed available for Saturday night only? Is it still $250++ for that one night? Feel free to PM me details if you want.

$250 for the one night when I live 20 minutes away is pretty steep, but it's nice knowing we can party without driving and have somewhere to put the baby to sleep...Pretty sure $250 is cheaper than a DUI...
    you do know that it's $250 split 8-10ways, right?
    so maybe $25-$35...which gets it into parking ticket range

All douchebaggery aside, i'm really looking forward to this and really hope everyone can make it.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

It's $250++ for the whole house. With all beds filled it's more like $30 per head per night. With extra folks on the floor/couch who are willing to throw in a few bucks, it gets cheaper.

There are 4 bedrooms and a loft. I'm guessing that there is a Queen and a Full in two of the bedrooms and the twins are in the other rooms. There is definitely more interest in Sat night than Fri but we need to decide how to equitably allocate/pay for the space. Preference will be for those staying both nights as they are "all in" as it were.

I am just about ready to do this with the following mags being definites:

ml242 + bro for both nights
    me for both nights
    Diamondback for both nights
    VT-Freeheel for both nights
    njfreeskier for both nights
    Buckethead for Sat only

Diamondback is thinking nihiles will want in as well when he returns from Utah.

There are two couples, each with a child interested. Not sure is jgb@etree is thinking both nights. Bumpskier (as quoted above) is looking at Sat night.

I will be prepared to move to sleeping pad/floor as needed to make room. I think the above list is sufficient to make the call. PLEASE let me know ASAP if any of the above is not correct. I will be making the call to reserve tomorrow (Friday 2/5) morning.

If you want to see the website with the house, PM me. I don't want to put it out here in case someone sees the link and snatches it up before me.

I called the house owner this morning and made the reservation for Fri and Sat nights 2/26 and 2/27.

The house will be available for check-in at 4pm Fri afternoon and we have to check out by 11am Sun morning. I did not opt for linen rentals, so participants need to bring bedding and towels.

Here is the web site describing the house:

http://www.vermontproperty.com/detai...ey-rentals/13/

My primary goal right now is to fill all the beds for both nights. If you want in, send me a PM with what you are looking for and I'll let you know what 's available. The rate per head per night is quite reasonable if all the beds are filled.

If possible I'd like to get everything nailed down before I leave for T-ride next Fri.

In a very interesting development (well, interesting to me personally), my lady friend has surprised me by her interest in participating in the house share. I tell you she is a keeper! I don't know many women who would agree to share a house with a bunch of people known only by their postings on an Internet forum.

She and I will occupy one of the private rooms Fri and Sat night, which one will depend on whether anyone else participating has a specific need (as in small child) for the Queen bed.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Bumpskier/Bluebird on whether they are going to take a room for Sat, but priority for the other private room will go to someone that wants it both nights.

The twin beds are almost all allocated. They are distributed as follows: 2 in one bedroom, 1 + trundle in another bedroom, 2 in the loft.

ML242 and bro get first pick of the twins (he found the house and was 1st in).
    VT-Freeheel gets next pick, followed by Diamondback.
    njfreeskier needs to confirm by choosing from the last two.
    buckethead gets the final twin for Sat only (I understand there are special circumstances)

Which means we still have one twin for Fri only. Works well for someone who has to work Sun, wants to party Fri and get after it early Sat.

I'll take the spot in the bedroom if its still available. If not, the loft is fine. No big deal either way.
    Magic Mountain Freeride Team...bringing your grom's game to the next level.

The only ski you'll ever need...http://worthskis.com/skis/the-magic/

"Errare Humanum Est"

Just a quick note confirming that ml242 + bro, VT-Freeheel, Diamondback, njfreeskier and buckethead are in. I think I have sent PMs to each of you. The only beds not allocated are one twin on Fri night and one of the private rooms although it looks likely that Bluebird and Bumpskier are going to take one for Sat night only.

I will be back in NJ Tue - Fri this week for work, then off to T-ride 2/12 - 2/17, back to work in NJ 2/18-2/19, and will make it back up to upstate NY sometime very late on Fri, 2/19. I will probably be incommunicado the entire time I'm in CO as I'm not bringing a computer with me and I doubt the condo we are at will have one to use. Maybe one of my brothers will drag one along...

I'll contact people about payment when I get back.

I am heading down to New Orleans for Mardi Gras in a couple hours so it's hard for me to plan 2 weeks ahead and make a firm commitment this second, but I'm DEFINITELY interested in coming up and meeting some more maggots. Would love a place in the house if possible.

I can potentially bring as many as 3 more non-mags along (Nihiles and Diamondback know one of them after our Jay Peak weekend back in Jan) depending on floor space. We're all fairly dirtbaggish, so floors and sleeping bags are totally cool with us.

I'll need to make some calls and get people to confirm their work schedules etc but we'd probably be looking at rolling up LATE fri night (1AM-ish) and want lodging for Fri and Sat nights to ski Sat and Sun.
    Last edited by BrokeSomeRibs; 02-11-2010 at 01:57 PM. Reason: edit for typos/clarity

Quote Originally Posted by BrokeSomeRibs View Post
    I can potentially bring as many as 3 more non-mags along (Nihiles and Diamondback know one of them after our Jay Peak weekend back in Jan) depending on floor space. We're all fairly dirtbaggish, so floors and sleeping bags are totally cool with us.
    I can attest, BrokeSomeRibs and his boy are solid dudes and we had a really good time! Hardly dirtbaggish by my standards
    (spot me up at the NJRG next Tuesday if you're not in the big easy hucking beads - climbing is officially on

Quote Originally Posted by BrokeSomeRibs View Post
    I am heading down to New Orleans for Mardi Gras in a couple hours so it's hard for me to plan 2 weeks ahead and make a firm commitment this second, but I'm DEFINITELY interested in coming up and meeting some more maggots. Would love a place in the house if possible.

I'll need to make some calls and get people to confirm their work schedules etc but we'd probably be looking at rolling up LATE fri night (1AM-ish) and want lodging for Fri and Sat nights to ski Sat and Sun.
    Send me a PM when you know what's what.

Bumpskier/Bluebird: need a decision from you guys.

I do not expect to check back in until 2/18 when I get back from CO. Hope that Ullr sends some good stuff your way.

GetAmped...We are in for Saturday night. 2 adults 1 kid. Let me know what we need to do.

Edit, I know this maybe a large and unpossible request but if there is a room for us that is FAR away from any party area that would be awesome. That way we don't wake the baby with our rowdiness. Although he does sleep right through our smoke detector going off in the house...

If this helps my cause we don't need 1 bed, we can sleep separately in 2 beds. Most likely one of the two of will be so drunk sleeping arrangements wont matter.

Edit to add also a room with a space for a pack n play (small crib like thing) if possible???
    Last edited by bumpskier; 02-18-2010 at 08:28 AM.
    ‎"Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality." -Dolores LaChapelle

Shit. That is next door to our place (that we're renting for the season). Sweet, we'll stumble over for beers.
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

Ummm, a Maggot summit being held in a converted church?!?!

Somehow this is strangely appropriate. Oh yeah, and I suppose I'll have to drop by and say hi, since you guys are literally next door.