Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    Another data point to confirm that I'm the only person in the world who really likes Zooropa.

I'm okay with that.
    U2 knows how to throw the hook with the poppy catchy. good tunes, just like ..nickleback has a few good tunes
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    Sorry man, that's just a ridiculous assertion, there's plenty that not only rival but far surpass U2.

Rush! Permanent Waves - Power Windows. 5 studio records from 80-85 (not even including the live Exit...Stage Left). Not even really their best work IMO but you wanted 80s rather than 70s so there ya go. Take it back to 76's 2112 or all the way to the debut in 74 and it's not even close.

Metallica - Kill 'em All to Justice or the Black Album.

Iron Maiden through Powerslave or Somewhere In Time

The 6 original Van Halen w/DLR from 78-84

If you're gonna mention Zep & Floyd, gotta also mention:
    The 1st 6 Sabbath records through Sabotage &
    The 1st 5 Aerosmith records through Draw The Line,
    sometimes i think powpig is an alias of mine that gets up in the middle of the night and sleep-posts. 100% agree.

for me it was Van Halen and Rush, still on rotation in my car for the apres ski ride home. They ruled the radio airwaves in the early to mid 80s. U2 was a little too light (and pretentious) for my taste but I did see them once in the Orlando Jai-Alai Fronton in 83. Strange venue but up close and personal. I think only about 500 people there. Never needed to see them again.

i had to check but this is the only irish rock (metal) band i listen to these days. turn it up to 11.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i laugh when rabid fanboidom gets confused as musical talent
    pretty sure it was the king mr jacksons decade
    and prince had more musical talent and skills than the whole band of yous twos
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    sometimes i think powpig is an alias of mine that gets up in the middle of the night and sleep-posts. 100% agree.

for me it was Van Halen and Rush, still on rotation in my car for the apres ski ride home. They ruled the radio airwaves in the early to mid 80s. U2 was a little too light (and pretentious) for my taste but I did see them once in the Orlando Jai-Alai Fronton in 83. Strange venue but up close and personal. I think only about 500 people there. Never needed to see them again.
    same here. Grew up on VH and Rush. In high school, I drew the VH logo on everything, saw them many times. Rush, I only saw once, Moving Pictures tour, I was only 15 and it was last minute but awesome. Some friends of friends had a Rush cover band and they were spot on, just religious about it. 2112 was in constant rotation.
    I'd rather listen to Adam and the Ants or Psychedelic Furs than U2 and that commercialized crap. Tried to see them once at Boston Garden but tickets sold out before we got to the window,a late release. Europa Tour maybe ? The cars hanging overhead and par cams for head lights.
    gimme the Pogues, Thin Lizzy or the Clancy Bros. U2 is kinda GHEY

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    Well no one's ever seen us together in the same room, just gonna fuel those alias theories.

Going to high school in NorCal in the late 70s all the kids were either into Zep or the Dead and I couldn't stand the Dead, still can't. My brother got 2112 from the Columbia House record club and it was the most awesome thing I'd ever heard. VH & AC/DC and then the NWOBHM before my tastes evolved a bit as I got into fusion and took a liking to Jeff Beck & the Dixie Dregs, but my favorite was Colosseum II with Irish guitar hero Gary Moore between stints in Thin Lizzy.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    same here. Grew up on VH and Rush. In high school, I drew the VH logo on everything, saw them many times. Rush, I only saw once, Moving Pictures tour, I was only 15 and it was last minute but awesome. Some friends of friends had a Rush cover band and they were spot on, just religious about it. 2112 was in constant rotation.
    i used a black sharpie to draw the VH logo on the back of my jean jacket. my parents about killed me. i used to draw the aerosmith cover of draw the line on my notebooks and book covers. chicks digged it. dug it? haha.

U2 is kinda GHEY
    totally. i certainly did NOT identify with the bouffant hairdo crowd in high school.

Taste with Rory Gallagher. "Just wanta be your catfish!"
    Gravity Junkie

If "World Famous" KROQ says they're the best, well then...end of discussion.

https://kroq.radio.com/blogs/top-10-...-greatest-hits
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

I dunno about "best" but the Strypes are a good young Irish band, from Cavan. Give em a listen.

good stuff. but did they take a break ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Geez I guess so, I hadn't heard. Sounds like maybe they're done.

I'd rather listen to Adam and the Ants
    NTTAWWT....
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

ANT MUSIC!

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    ANT MUSIC!
    do yourself a favor !!!!