Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    1) where the fuck are they made?

there is cryptic talk about halfway around the world and feel good blah blah about the workign conditions, but where is the factory?????
    [ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2699507&postcount=16"]Teton Gravity Research Forums - View Single Post - Rules[/ame]
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Your descriptions should give a better idea of stiffness.

You should make the two narrower pow skis in longer lengths.

You should show a profile of the ski from the side showing the shape of the camber/rocker.

Your site is a little clumsy to get around, specifically looking at different skis. Forget the flashy transitions and list the dimensions on the page with all the skis so you can compare easier.

They look nice though, just somepointers
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by climbhoser View Post
    Mazz has moved to that country where K2 also builds and built his own factory.
    I don't think you should be so ashamed of that - I will buy products built by hard working people wherever they happen to be located.
    Dwell not upon thy weariness; thy strength shall be according to the measure of thy desire.

What is the skiing heritage of China and why should I support any ski maker producing skis there? They undercut core builders and then sell their skis for similar prices. If they cost ME one third the cost of a comparable US ski I might be tempted, but probably not. If you value years of tradition, buy from a European or US maker. I am not knocking the design or quality of any Chinese skis, just the job outsourcing

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Dude, you need a new sense of humor. jong.

Any mag worth his salt would welcome the opportunity to ride anyithing that contained any spelling of the word 'whore' or 'hoar' or 'whoor' or WTF-ever as long as you could discuss the pronunciation with bar lowerers on the chair.
    Maybe I'm the only superstitious one here then, but it just feels like bad juju or tempting fate to me. Not a fan of their proposed Weak Layer either, no matter how appropriate it is for some of the crustier folks around here.

If you're making skis in china, I wouldn't brag about getting materials from the US. Thats just an extra wasteful trip across the ocean. The only part of my Moments that came from outside the country is the edges, and they're working on that. I'm pretty stoked to be riding skis that didn't require super-freighters to cross the ocean twice, just so i could rip some pow.

Anyway, I like your wood veneers and graphics, and like that you're starting with fat, rockered skis right off the bat. Good luck.

Pimpy.
    _____
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Very pretty...

"We need sometimes to escape into open solitudes, into aimlessness, into the moral holiday of running some pure hazard, in order to sharpen the edge of life, to taste hardship, and to be compelled to work desperately for a moment at no matter what. -George Santayana, The Philosophy of Travel

...it would probably bother me more if I wasn't quite so heavily sedated. -David St. Hubbins, This Is Spinal Tap

i was ready to bag on the title of this thread but yes, those might be the coolest skis i've ever seen. really nice graphics design! and i like the mono color choice across the line.

Well, when the Chinese medal in the freestyle comp at the Olympics, we can call them a nation of core skiers. Until then, I'll buy mine from fat, beer swilling Americans and Ultra Super Duper Extreme Euros

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Your descriptions should give a better idea of stiffness.

You should make the two narrower pow skis in longer lengths.

You should show a profile of the ski from the side showing the shape of the camber/rocker.

They look nice though, just somepointers
    Pretty much the points i would have brought up. Don't mind th site navigation though. Just the 3 points above.
    And they do look very nice.

those are awesome looking skis!

With all the talk about China vs US construction I think the transparancy you guys have used in explaining the decison (especially the tele tips cross post) is very coomendable.

anyway, awesome skis, interested to hear how the perform
    -Tick
    I like chicks who ride. Especially if they're cyclists.

Beautiful skis! Hope this works out for you!

In reference to the earlier question about Mazz's involvement with Scottybob; until just a few weeks ago Scottybob and Skilogik were still one company, Scotty doing customs and the China side doing higher production and specific models.

Scotty is still alive and well (http://www.scottybob.com/skiworks/) creating custom telemark and alpine skis by hand one pair at a time.

And he doesn't even need obscure language to describe where his factory is .

For those interested in a domestic well-made product, consider looking Scotty up.

Or buy another pair of China skis.

For the record I'm unaffiliated with either company, just a big fan of Scotty's.

I think you should offer them to people at TGR to register for "demo boards". Say a few hundred up front with half refunded if the skis are returned within a month. We will ski them and talk them up at the areas we ski at. If it is a good ski design and it is going to survive, this might be your cheapest advertising. Probably are going to need to press some longer skis from what your site is listing. Very pretty skis. Like the cross section detail. As mentioned more information is needed to encourage people to try something off the net.

Those look dope.
    Last edited by good4nothing; 01-21-2010 at 10:11 AM.
    No, the real point is, I don't give a damn
    - Carl

Love the artwork. Also definitely interested in some reviews. How long did you prototype them before putting them up for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by climbhoser View Post
    Y'know, on a R/R ski or even a TRO ski that's designed well I think pintail is unnecessary. My feeling from skiing lots of skis is that it's better to have tip AND tail high in the snow as long as tip dive isn't an issue.

I find too much sidecut to be hooky in crud and mank as much, if not more, at the front of the ski. Anyone else? Am I crazy?

That said, for the future pintails/swallowtails are all in consideration.

BTW, we will be at SIA.
    No I was thinking the same thing.

the Skis are PURRRDY. but looks like way to much side cut for my taste.

To much tip and tail. I did not calculate but guessing most models turn radius is in the teens.

However with the general public being stuck in the Gaper carving generation this designs might generate an immediate wow foctor for the general public.

But dam they are purrdy

Quote Originally Posted by ZGjethro View Post
    What is the skiing heritage of China
    They might just have invented it

Quote Originally Posted by TeleSilverton View Post
    In reference to the earlier question about Mazz's involvement with Scottybob; until just a few weeks ago Scottybob and Skilogik were still one company, Scotty doing customs and the China side doing higher production and specific models.

Scotty is still alive and well (http://www.scottybob.com/skiworks/) creating custom telemark and alpine skis by hand one pair at a time.

And he doesn't even need obscure language to describe where his factory is .

For those interested in a domestic well-made product, consider looking Scotty up.

Or buy another pair of China skis.

For the record I'm unaffiliated with either company, just a big fan of Scotty's.
    These skis are manufactued oversea's. Not in the USA ?

If true (Not interested)

Quote Originally Posted by mday View Post
    Maybe I'm the only superstitious one here then, but it just feels like bad juju or tempting fate to me. Not a fan of their proposed Weak Layer either, no matter how appropriate it is for some of the crustier folks around here.
    I agree. I'm really not a superstitious person, but "Depth Hoar" just gives me a really bad vibe.
    Dwell not upon thy weariness; thy strength shall be according to the measure of thy desire.

Do you make any with lava puking skulls?

Do you make any with lava puking skulls?
    This is relevant to my interests.
    Stay left.

You spelled logik wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Good insight. It make sense that people in Siberia or Mongolia would have used skis for a long time. I would bet that the people making the skis for this company are not skiers. I would put money on the people making Dynastar (Chamonoix valley) or My Bros ski. Skis for skiers by skiers.