Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Coolest skis you'll ever ski!

Hey, I was told not only to do this, but that it's acceptable...

Yeah, they really are the bees knees. www.skilogik.com

We're a relatively new, small ski company trying to create awareness that we're here. Mazz, our owner, pres, founder, guru, etc...has been behind the scenes in the ski industry for over 10 years innovating and building some great stuff. This is his dream coming alive, and the guy definitely knows what he's doing. The finish quality on these skis is unparalleled, and Mazz has spared no expense in finding the top quality components for his skis.

I don't have pictures of the new stuff yet (Avy Runner series), but they will be forthcoming. Our website is still a work in process, but open comments and suggestions are completely welcome.

Demo-wise...I'm splitting time between a real job and repping/marketing for Ski Logik, so it's hard to catch me up in the mountains. In fact, we would be interested in finding some high quality, independent reps who would be interested in helping us out hosting demos in the Fr. Range ski areas. e-mail is the best way to catch me: climbhoser@yahoo.com

Let me know how much time you can commit to tenting, your experience as a rep/salesman, ski industry background and skiing ability/background.

Check 'em out, and if you're interested in a pair please e-mail me (or PM, but e-mail is much better/quicker). We're not in any retailers yet, so the best way for you to get on a pair is through me.

Thanks folks.

They look really great! If they ski great I would look at a pair for next season.

Looking forward to reviews...
    Dwell not upon thy weariness; thy strength shall be according to the measure of thy desire.

Really nice looking product. Bomb Squad looks legit. For those of us in CO, do you have demo pairs mounted and ready for action? I'd be interested in checking a pair out once our winter starts up again.

Wasnt Mazz involved with Scottybob?
    "I dont hike.... my legs are too heavy"

If skilogik wants to send me a few pair, I would happily place them in the WPS demo fleet.
    “A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.”
    ― Milton Friedman

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    Damn, those are perty! I'd like to try some.

Send me a pair of 188 Ullr's Chariot. They look pretty wicked.

Cool looking skis.

Nice website too.

need demos please
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

The artwork is fantastic! Congratulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by bptempleton View Post
    tit ass balls. that's a better sig. or fucktardnutz. YOU MUST NOW CHOOSE!!!!

Bomb squad looks rad! According to the construction pages diagram your edges are made from vulcanised rubber? Diagram error i know but i thought id point it out.
    If you are getting rad but there is no one to see you. Are you really getting rad at all?

More taper in the avy runners please. Then we talk. Love the graphics

love the veneer artwork. the stats of the howitzer are exactly what im looking for in my next set of planks.
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelmurphy View Post
    More taper in the avy runners please. Then we talk. Love the graphics
    That echoes my initial thoughts. Lovely skis but how about a bit o' pintail?

Y'know, on a R/R ski or even a TRO ski that's designed well I think pintail is unnecessary. My feeling from skiing lots of skis is that it's better to have tip AND tail high in the snow as long as tip dive isn't an issue.

I find too much sidecut to be hooky in crud and mank as much, if not more, at the front of the ski. Anyone else? Am I crazy?

That said, for the future pintails/swallowtails are all in consideration.

BTW, we will be at SIA.

Must post naked pics of Mariella if you want mags to buy.

JK. Really pretty skis.

The most pintailed skis I've skied are 196 Lhasas and 190 Lotus 120s. I was amazed at the ability to sink the tail into oblivion at will, which allows for two things: first, you can make any turn shape you want in any soft snow (including shitty breakable crusts), or just stand on your skis and point them, and second, it makes skiing super steep (like 60º shit) faces and spines way easier, so easy to just stand up on the tail and dump speed without having to put the ski perpendicular to your direction of travel.

Anyway, just my opinion. Obviously lots of people like a more symmetrical ski. Also, if you have enough tail rocker, it pretty much does the same thing.

1) where the fuck are they made?

there is cryptic talk about halfway around the world and feel good blah blah about the workign conditions, but where is the factory?????

2) all the nav button links on your store page are broken
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

Very purdy; you guys did a great job tying a distinctive look together over the whole product line, and still having a unique identity for each manual.

That said, I can't imagine ever buying a ski named 'Depth Hoar'. Depth Whore might be equally objectionable, but it least it is a pun. I think the only model name you could have come up with that would send more shivers down my spine would be 'Partial Burial'. Also, us 'mericans have figured out how long a 190 cm ski is, and most of us now even know how wide 105 mm is, but that converting grams into pounds is still a killer. Your pages are so clean I kind of hate to suggest that you show both g and lbs, but I think it would be helpful. I guess most weight weenies know that these weights are per pair, but it might not hurt to spell this out.

Quote Originally Posted by climbhoser View Post
    Coolest skis you'll ever ski!
    Could i just add to my original post. Without detracting from your company or statement, I think the coolest ski will ever ski (if i have the opportunity) would be the Tribute Toon's or the Spats that are going round with demo binders and signatures. That's just my opinion though as i think those skis would have some real soul.
    If you are getting rad but there is no one to see you. Are you really getting rad at all?

As others said, more taper. I won't even consider a ski that doesn't have at least 10mm of taper from tip to tail.

Also interested in where they're actually made...

Alright, I've been called out twice now, so I feel I have to own up. It really shouldn't be a big deal, but I think transparency is a good thing and I know it matters to some folks. Mazz has moved to that country where K2 also builds and built his own factory. I think we all have to pick our fights, and this one isn't worth embroiling over, so if the location of build is off-putting then that's ok. I think enough people understand quality doesn't depend on where, but on who and how.

The company's homebase is Colorado.

Anyways, there are more important things to discuss.

Core Shot, the website is still being worked on. It will take a few days before it is 100% fully functional, but I appreciate that insight. If it means you were on your way to buy one then I'm stoked

mday and others, what you see is not necessarily what you get topsheet-wise. Because each pair is hand-inlaid they are all unique. It's small production, 5-10 pair per day, which allows them to be nimble. Nimble insofar as they can really create anything. The woodworkers have templates, but we do offer customs. It also means that while you might like the Totem Pole inlay, your neighbor likes the Pot Leaf, but you both want it on the Bomb Squad, it's likely they'll both be available. As inventory increases there should be no shortage of each design on each ski. Make sense?

I'll have to see about putting lbs on the website next to the grams...makes sense to me. I know everytime Mazz and I are talking shop he's throwing grams and kilos at me and I'm having to use the online converter to figure out what it all means to me.

I think pintail is interesting, and something that's been played around with design-wise. In all honesty, what I think you all should do is buy a pair and tell us what we need to change If pintail is the next step then that's where Ski Logik will go. Customers are what drives the engine!

Thanks again, guys!
    Last edited by climbhoser; 01-15-2010 at 10:03 PM.

I was getting ready to get my flame on but really, those are some of the coolest looking skis I've ever seen.

And black locust sidewalls...that's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by mday View Post

That said, I can't imagine ever buying a ski named 'Depth Hoar'. Depth Whore might be equally objectionable, but it least it is a pun.
    Dude, you need a new sense of humor. jong.

Any mag worth his salt would welcome the opportunity to ride anyithing that contained any spelling of the word 'whore' or 'hoar' or 'whoor' or WTF-ever as long as you could discuss the pronunciation with bar lowerers on the chair.

Damn, I'm getting crusty.

Now, climbhoser.... about those naked pictures of Mariella....

climbhoser, good looking stuff. I wish you and Mazz lots of success in this endeavor. Hope I get to ski a pair of those sticks someday.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin