Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Sorry i cant join you guys on the 'horn, i gots a busted right hand that's doing better but still can't be sure what kind of shape it will be in by then. last thing we all need is me whiskey drunk in the backseat of a drift boat for three days because i can't fish or row. a few friends just got back and reported spectacular dry fly fishing with a midge hatch.

but i'm definitely in for a mt summit this summer. you name the days and i'll be there. if there is a need for camping space, i got a huge fenced backyard in downtown bozeman and a kegerator in the garage. I like the idea of meet in bozeman and head wherever its good but I'll go wherever.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

Lexi and IGband-
    Hey...can you pm your numbers? Just wanted to see where you guys recommend staying. I have called everywhere and have an idea who has openings. My friends have recommended Cottonwood. What is your o.02?

WSR - PM sent.

The One Man Mag Montana Summit rocked! You all missed out. Slayed 'em yesterday. I think the Two Man Mag Montana Summit is going on today. Will be good to hear how you boys did.
    WSR

Been hearing good things from up that way lately. Where are the pics of you guys slaying, (and releasing), trout on the new boat?

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Been hearing good things from up that way lately. Where are the pics of you guys slaying, (and releasing), trout on the new boat?
    I took pics this weekend, but none of the fish I caught. I may post them up. When are we gonna hook up and do some floatin'? I bet the Snake may be a go soon.

Any weekend. Snake is good. South Fork and Henry's are better.

How do you like the Clacka? I am very close to pulling the trigger on a 16' MB with my buddy... Any last minute thoughts or suggestions on what to get?

Quote Originally Posted by NMmatt View Post
    How do you like the Clacka? I am very close to pulling the trigger on a 16' MB with my buddy... Any last minute thoughts or suggestions on what to get?
    Dude...I love it! So glad I didn't go with anything else. I would have been happy, but not as happy as I am with the Clacka. I was a bit worried with the low profile with my little ones, but it is going to be perfect. I am super stoked I went low pro. I think you will dig the mega box. I have the standard box and love the storage, but you can NEVER have too much storage. My advice to you, pull that trigger. The price will hurt, but it will not lose its value. You cannot go wrong with a Clacka. Low pro is where it is at when the "W" picks up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wysplit_ride View Post
    The One Man Mag Montana Summit rocked! You all missed out. Slayed 'em yesterday. I think the Two Man Mag Montana Summit is going on today. Will be good to hear how you boys did.
    WSR
    Sorry we failed to make it happen @ the right time, glad to hear you had a good trip, ours didn't suck either. While we never totally cracked the code and hammerd them we didn't come away wanting.

Maybe we can plan something around mother's day caddis, usually the second or third week of may, maybe last week of April or fist week of May to be safe this year?

Any interested parties?

On to the pics:

Anyone going to be around the Mile next weekend?
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

^^Maybe I should be? what's the mile p4b?

Hoping so. Its the strech of the North Platte that runs between Seminoe and Pathfinder reservoirs. Reports have been good and in past years the rainbows run around this time.

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

I don't even fish but...

this is pretty nice.

Looks like a turkey shoot, wish I could make it down for that.

Anyone ever really hit the mother's day caddis hatch just right?

Its a game-changer; just sayin...

EDIT ^^yeah root kinda like how I drool over your big creekin drops!!

PAGING 720!

And yeah Lexi, sweet piggies.

This weekend a crew of us met up north to feed the habit. This was my first time fishing in Montana and I will definitely be back. I guess there is a reason the river is so crowded. That was an experience in itself! Sorry, no fish in this trip report, but plenty of healthy ones where caught. Just river rats and fishin'.

Brad D at the A thinking about what lies between here and B:

Unknown fisherman at dusk:

Cousin Gibson, starting 'em young:

Streamers anyone:

Great pics!! Agreed that the crowds were something else. I'm sure it was worse on Sat. and Sun., but the 65* F temps on Monday and Tuesday certainly brought out the anglers. Less attention focused on putting the fisherman in the bow into good position and more attention on not running over waders.

In the end, it might have been crowded...but it was sooooo worth it. What a river!

And WSR, many thanks for the recommendation for Cottonwood. Worked out great for us. Hope it did for you guys too.

igBand-Cottonwood Camp rocks! We stayed in the "condo" and it was perfect for our big group. Thor and the manager are super nice and helpful. I will definitely stay there again! Nothing better than coming back to a warm pad with everything you need. So glad we didn't camp...this time.

So, are we actually going to put together a real summit or is it fading away again?

Bump.

My summer is starting to pack up. I assume at least a few of you are in the same boat. Most of June and July are pretty much out for me. Anyone still thinking about a May summit?

Well Mother's Day is the 9th, and the caddis typically seem to pop a week before that.

I've got a three day weekend May 1-3 (Sat-Mon) and would be down to chase trout around here with some of you whackos if there's some interested parties.

My offer to bring the biggest tent, the most booze, and let you row my boat down the river still stands.

man there isn't any hope of me making out this year.
    gonna work around here, but ill fish almost everyday so a win i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexi-Bell View Post
    Well Mother's Day is the 9th, and the caddis typically seem to pop a week before that.

I've got a three day weekend May 1-3 (Sat-Mon) and would be down to chase trout around here with some of you whackos if there's some interested parties.

My offer to bring the biggest tent, the most booze, and let you row my boat down the river still stands.
    That might work for me. I'd prolly only be able to get the hall pass for one night though.