Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    cool...we're getting somewhere here

St. Jerry and telee...i'd be very interested in trades if you guys are interested in spending some time in Santa Fe.

How would a spreadsheet for this look? I'm pretty much a novice excel guy...but if someone gives me some ideas I can put it up on google docs and then it can be added to by anyone. I'd be happy to get this going if anyone wants to give me some ideas.

keep the offers coming. or lets try to get some dates when people would be available.

Love to get in on this if it's ever going forward!

San Francisco Apartment:
    800 sq ft 1br with office in Edwardian building
    - directly on Buena Vista Park, the second largest park in the city
    - walking distance to Golden Gate Park, Haight Ashbury, lower haight bars
    - easy public transit to downtown, Embarcadero, other places in the city that visitors might like
    - working fireplace
    - parking in garage
    - 1/2 of windows look out onto the park and the other 1/2 have city skyline views
    - big backyard with koi pond, bbq, benches, lemon trees
    Last edited by BeanDip4All; 01-13-2010 at 08:59 PM.

Did you sell the pad in NYC?

I'm in if we have time to go somewhere, probably spring/summer.
    7 BR 5 bath, super pimp place high up in East Jackson.
    Singletrack from the backyard, sick views of the Grand, Elk Refuge, Jackson Peak.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

3br/ 3 ba in North Vancouver. Close to highway to Whistler and S to Seattle. Perfect biking location. Hot tub, garage for stuff.

Total long shot but looking at:

- Whitehorse, Yukon
    - Cuba
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Tonics View Post
    How would a spreadsheet for this look? I'm pretty much a novice excel guy...but if someone gives me some ideas I can put it up on google docs and then it can be added to by anyone. I'd be happy to get this going if anyone wants to give me some ideas.
    I think a spreadsheet should be pretty simple; people put info on the location and place, special requirements (like watch the dog), maybe possible dates available, and contact info.

I'm not even sure a spreadsheet would work best, maybe just a word doc. Too much description and not enough data for a spreadsheet. Just create a template at the top for people to follow, like this one:

House Location:
    Screen Name:
    Bedrooms:
    Sleeps:
    Sq ft:
    General description:
    Special requirements/instructions:
    Possible dates available:
    Contact info:

As for me, I have a nice house in Boulder and this could work, but I have a roommate at the moment who might not be keen on it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    Hmmm... stay tuned on that.
    Mrs Teleee is a HUGE Yankee fan, so it would help if the Yankees were in town, but we would be willing pretty much anytime! There is a Jetblue direct flight from SLC to NY that is usually pretty reasonable.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I think a spreadsheet should be pretty simple; people put info on the location and place, special requirements (like watch the dog), maybe possible dates available, and contact info.

I'm not even sure a spreadsheet would work best, maybe just a word doc. Too much description and not enough data for a spreadsheet. Just create a template at the top for people to follow, like this one:

House Location:
    Screen Name:
    Bedrooms:
    Sleeps:
    Sq ft:
    General description:
    Special requirements/instructions:
    Possible dates available:
    Contact info:

As for me, I have a nice house in Boulder and this could work, but I have a roommate at the moment who might not be keen on it.

Add "Activities, Nearest Airport, Recommended Seasons, and Looking For"
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

5bd 3 1/2 bath 2800 sq ft 2 year old home in Bozeman. Hot tub, 3 car garage, 20 minutes to Bridger Bowl, 10 to Gallatin River.

Rideit I'm looking at you, 4th of July sound good?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLionfish View Post
    yeah, but in the old thread, the OP started hating on small houses
    Actually, I didn't hate on anything. I said I didn't want to trade my house for somebody's 500 sq foot condo. I've got a wife and two kids I'd be travelling with, so is that so unreasonable? Are people swapping DPS lotus 138's for somebody elses eight year old demo carving skis?

Anyway, I'm in, and I'd love to see somebody make this work.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Add "Activities, Nearest Airport, Recommended Seasons, and Looking For"
    good call

Quote Originally Posted by srsosbso View Post
    Actually, I didn't hate on anything. I said I didn't want to trade my house for somebody's 500 sq foot condo. I've got a wife and two kids I'd be travelling with, so is that so unreasonable? Are people swapping DPS lotus 138's for somebody elses eight year old demo carving skis?

Anyway, I'm in, and I'd love to see somebody make this work.
    I don't think the trades need to be "even", other than being even in the sense that each person gets a free place to stay. But of course we each have our own criteria for what we want, and there's nothing wrong with not being into trading with someone who has a place that's too small for your needs (or doesn't fit your criteria for any other reason).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Lexi-Bell View Post
    5bd 3 1/2 bath 2800 sq ft 2 year old home in Bozeman. Hot tub, 3 car garage, 20 minutes to Bridger Bowl, 10 to Gallatin River.

Rideit I'm looking at you, 4th of July sound good?
    I don't really want to go to Bozeman on the fourth, hell, y'all could just stay here. We have ~6000 square feet, plenty of room. Bring a dog or two. And beer.

I'd like to put this together....a spreadsheet or .doc where we can compile everything.

I'm running out the door but keep the offers and idea's coming.

If ANY of the offers from above are interested in a nice house in Santa Fe (and if you're flying in, I have a car for you to borrow) please let me know. I don't care if you have 500 sf...if you're in NYC or SF or anywhere fun and you don't care that I'm coming with my kids (actually well behaved and not going to break your shit)...you're more than welcome to stay here. Any hotel that we could afford would be more than 500 sf anyway.

my house is just a little over an hour from the ABQ airport, and there is a train between the two cities now.

keep 'em coming!

Talking

Any rodeo fans?

Come to the Calgary Stampede (10 days in early July) and stay in my modest 1,300 sq ft house in N.E. Calgary. Ten-minute drive from the airport, five minutes by bus to an LRT train station. Zero neighbourhood attractions other than typical suburban malls, etc, but located on a good street with friendly white/brown trash Canadians.

Will throw in one dozen free Tim Horton's donuts.

Hurry, because I know Lee will be jumping on this one pronto.

^^^^ NE Calgary - the shiznit!

3 bedroom 3 bath two story condo in Eagle-Vail. 5 min from Vail and 5 min from BC. Across the street from golfcourse, putting green , chipping green. XC skiing on the golf course and can actually ski from the Beav to our place.

1 king bed
    1 queen bed
    2 twin beds
    1500 sq feet
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    3 bedroom 3 bath two story condo in Eagle-Vail. 5 min from Vail and 5 min from BC. Across the street from golfcourse, putting green , chipping green. XC skiing on the golf course and can actually ski from the Beav to our place.

1 king bed
    1 queen bed
    2 twin beds
    1500 sq feet
    Interested in Manhattan?
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

I could be interested in a Manhattan swap.
    3 kings
    1 twin
    1 Futon
    Summer is best.

Pass Creek, 5 bedroom, nothing special house, 1 hr to Red mt. 1 hr to WH2O, 20 minutes to Valhalla Powdercats bus, 30 minutes to Valhallas, great mt biking in the area. Really quiet 'hood. 10 minutes to Castlegar, 35 to Nelson.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Nice idea.

I knocked together a quick spreadsheet to capture "listings" - Google docs would handle this nicely I think. I don't have a google log-in, nor the time & inclination to register right now - anybody with a login want to drop my .xls into Google docs? PM me an email addy and I'll send it over.
    I'm taking myself to a dirty part of town, where all my troubles can't be found...

Here's what I got....

Talkeetna, Alaska
    1200sq ft
    2 bed + futon
    1 bath
    located right in town, walking distance to/from the bars, restaurants and air taxis
    hiking, biking, xc skiing, backcountry skiing if you are self reliant
    world class salmon and trout fishing
    3 hours from Alyeska
    2 hours by car to Denali National Park
    2 1/2 hours to Anchorage

You can use the canoes, the fishing gear and the snowmachines, and must be willing to take care of our two, outside dogs...

OPrime - I'd be interested at some point in the future. Not this winter or summer but definitely interested

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    Interested in Manhattan?
    no need for the city at teh moment. WE are planning a trip in Feb...19th-22nd or so and would be interested in a place in Tahoe or UT or Jackson perhaps.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Portland, Oregon
    - 2br, 900sqft house
    - fireplaces inside and out
    - bikes available to access the whole city (house in on bike lane)
    - dogs welcome
    - great view of downtown Portland and the west hills
    - 1 hour to Mt Hood skiing
    - 1.5 hours to Hood River mtb/kiting/windsurf/etc
    - Walking distance to Hopworks, the best brewpub in town
    - close to Reed college
    another Handsome Boy graduate

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Pass Creek, 5 bedroom, nothing special house, 1 hr to Red mt. 1 hr to WH2O, 20 minutes to Valhalla Powdercats bus, 30 minutes to Valhallas, great mt biking in the area. Really quiet 'hood. 10 minutes to Castlegar, 35 to Nelson.
    Beav...you got any interest in I-da-ho? I'm thinking an MTB swap could be in order. Or you can just come on down and use my guest room and vice versa! I fucking love Nelson.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

House Location: Washington, DC
    Nearest Airport: DCA, IAD, or BWI
    Screen Name: Tippster
    Bedrooms: 2 Queen, one twin, single bunk beds, pull out Full Couch.
    Sleeps: 8 not counting living room couch space or blow-up beds (also on site)
    Sq ft: ~3000
    General description: 4BR House in Chevy Chase section of Washington DC. 4 miles from White House, near Metro, plenty of parking on Street, cool ass neighborhood, Grocery/restaurants/bars within 3 blocks.
    Special requirements/instructions: Must take care of 100# lab. let him out, feed him, play w/him. His name's Angus, and he'll love you long time if you throw the fucking ball.
    Possible dates available: Christmas, Spring Break or anytime during Summer Vacation (Mid June-Labor Day.)
    Contact info: tippster@gmail.com

Let's do this, people.