Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I'll put my house into the mix as well....

3 bed, 3 bath house just outside of Boulder, CO (in Niwot, a great little town)... looking for a swap somewhere in the mountains, somewhere tropical, somewhere in Fruita/GJ/Moab, or really anywhere else that's fun to visit.

I'm intrigued by this. I live in SLC and could do a swap with the right person. Six bedrooms. Have any swaps been successfully executed?

Just putting out some feelers...

We spent two weeks in DC last Spring and would like to do the same this year- maybe longer though... Yeah, I've got kids, but they great and are generally well behaved. Would likely just be me and the gang, Mrs. SIJ would likely stay here with friends and work.

Open to DC, Florida Keys or NC Outer Banks Maybe in May or even in September.

Jackson Hole: Right in town, two blocks from the Town Square, on a stream running through town. It's a small condo- but well located!

I've got bikes (both adult and kids), long boards and other toys that would be available to the right person(s).

Thanks!
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

bumping this because my wife has a meeting in San Diego from October 24-29

if anyone in SD wants to come to durango in October, get back to me!

also want to go to Crested Butte on Sept 27th-ish. I think I may have a swap lined up with goldenboy but not totally sure.

or we could go anywhere cool at anytime.

bumping this again!!!

We want to go to Denver for the weekend of Sept 5-7 (so friday and saturday nights).

Any front-rangers wanna come to durango? house swap?

Bump. Did this ever get anywhere?

FWIW, here's what we've got to offer (I added it to the google doc):

House Location: Between Reno and Incline Village, Nevada -- Galena Forest neighborhood, off Mt. Rose highway (NV 431).
    Screen Name: El Chupacabra
    Beds/Baths: 4/3.5
    Sleeps: 8+.. Beds: 1 cal king, 1 double, 1 twin, 1 queen (those are in the 4 bedrooms), plus 1 pullout twin (in living room). Ample floor space for camping pads.
    Sq ft: 3900
    General description: 2 story + finished basement (lots of stairs), single family detached home on 2 acres, very quiet and safe neighborhood in the pine forest. Ample parking. May be able to provide 4WD vehicle for your use while here. No public transportation - you’ll have to drive everywhere you want to go. Close to north shore of Lake Tahoe (about 20 min drive in summer), about 45 min to Squaw/ Alpine/ Northstar, about 15 min to Mt Rose ski area. Good mountain biking and hiking in summer. House has wifi, two TVs with streaming/ Blu-ray, usual appliances. Backyard BBQ and deck for outdoor hangout (not in winter). No A/C, but don’t need it in summer.
    Special requirements/instructions: May ask you to take care of two dogs (labradoodle and sheepdog poodle mix), if we don’t take them with us on our trip. Friendly and well behaved. Non-smokers only please. If you stay in winter and it dumps, there’s shovels and a snowblower -- house is on a private road, and the neighbor clears the main road, but you’ll have to take care of the driveway.
    Looking to go to: Open-- generally interested in west and southwest U.S. (driveable distances), and international.
    Nearest Major Airport: RNO (Reno) - about 25 min drive from airport.
    Possible dates available: Open
    Contact info: PM on TGR
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I don't know that it ever got off the ground, and surprised to see I never added my house to it. But did so now (ETA: somehow missed it, I was already there, so deleted the new entry and updated the old). We could definitely be interested in a house swap, but money is tight right now so driving distance swaps are probably preferred. Tech Tonics, if you ever want a place in the Front Range let me know, as we love Durango and a house swap could make the whole thing work well for us.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Maggot House Swap Thread

Great idea. We're looking for 2-3 nights in Crested Butte the last week in March. Have either a 4 bed/4 bath in Boulder or 3 bed/3 bath in Winter Park to offer up. Will post on Google Docs soon.
    Last edited by ski-wpk; 11-16-2017 at 11:36 PM.

El Chup, drop me a line if you want to come to Park City this summer. I've got family to visit who are in Tahoe often.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    El Chup, drop me a line if you want to come to Park City this summer. I've got family to visit who are in Tahoe often.
    Sounds good.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Maggot House Swap Thread

Does anyone have a cute little Idaho cottage for any season? I've only ever traveled through Idaho and really wanted to stop and appreciate it. Just want to visit. I stopped in a small lake town that basically looked like a big summer camp. I'd like to go back.
    Last edited by guroo270; 03-04-2017 at 09:08 PM.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Another bump, as I waste my Friday afternoon here instead of working, and thinking about plans for 2017/18 Mountain Collective roadtripping...

Anyone interested in doing a maggot couchsurfing list too? In other words, not limited to the house swap, but willing to host others when they're visiting in your area?

Hey all! remember this??

Anyone want to come to Durango from July 6-11? We have some time to burn with no kids and want to do some kind of little road trip. Lemme know

Will your wife be home?

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Will your wife be home?
    I heard she's horny & looks hot in a bikini.

Never seen a photo though so perhaps the the guy that said that has lowered expectations.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Bump to see if any denizens of BozeAngeles want to house swap in February.

My place is near the top of the pass between SLC and PC. Canyons base area/PCMR is the closest resort. BC access out the back door. We might even have snow on the ground by February!

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Bump to see if any denizens of BozeAngeles want to house swap in February.

My place is near the top of the pass between SLC and PC. Canyons base area/PCMR is the closest resort. BC access out the back door. We might even have snow on the ground by February!
    I'm planning on making my glorious return to Bozeman from Feb 17-24 if anyone from up that way wants to hit up Utah.

Anyone in Durango area want to visit Boulder the weekend of November 10?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Anyone in Burlington VT (or anywhere in the general area of northern-ish vermont) want to visit Boulder in July?

Now that the wife has retired we could do this. We live in Coronado (beach community in San Diego). Our home is set up as 2 bdrms, 2 baths and office (3rd bedroom). Thing is, you have to be cool with me bringing the pups and leaving the kittie behind. On VRBO our hood is expensive as fuck in the summer, so I would like a something nice to show Mrs L2S. The west coast is preferred, but Wyoming, Montana and BC could work.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Anyone in a warm location want to visit Durango in mid-march? I’m needing some desert (or tropics!).

We have a nice house. 3000sf, in town. Hot tub. 4br/3ba.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I'll throw in a nice 2br 2ba in Avon, CO (near Beaver Creek) for trade whenever. We usually Airbnb it so as long as it isn't already booked, we could trade for almost anywhere. Concurrent or not. All four seasons available. PM me for a listing if interested.

I don't know if I'd trades homes with a guy who redacts his name.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Don’t look too closely in the deep chest freezer.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Like you have anything for trade. A nice house in Baltimore?

Must be tough knowing Maverick will never love you like he did Goose...