PSAs-Bad for ID, good for CO

Looks like the ID Gov wants to axe Harriman State Park, and others. WTF!

http://www.islandparknews.net/atf.ph...ion=2010-01-07

And for CO, some good news.

http://coyotegulch.wordpress.com/cat...er/whitewater/

Guess I'll be floating the Blue more often.

Well, I sure hope that Colorado law passes. If it does, I will be getting a boat for sure.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Well, I sure hope that Colorado law passes. If it does, I will be getting a boat for sure.
    The law as proposed, will only allow Licensed Outfitters this privilege. Are you one of them? I think the law is fucked if passed. Just means lining the pockets of Outfitters. They really to to open the rivers for public use as well, but we all know how that went to shit.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    The law as proposed, will only allow Licensed Outfitters this privilege. Are you one of them? I think the law is fucked if passed. Just means lining the pockets of Outfitters. They really to to open the rivers for public use as well, but we all know how that went to shit.
    Oh, I did not realize it was outfitters only...either the article was not clear, or my reading comprehension sucks. I would bet though if it passes for outfitters, it would be one step closer to allowing the public.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post

I'm not one, but I work for a few. Personally, I don't think we really need this law, it may just complicate things on the water. I'm sure the landowners won't like it either. But if it does pass, I will take advantage of it.

Not the end of the world, the park is already partly on a user fee system for parking access and if the state sold the RR ranch to the Henry's Fork Foundation/Teton Land Trust for $1, they'd manage it better and probably for a fraction of the cost. But Otter is a moron and will probably play to his moron demographic by insisting that it go to the highest bidder...who knows with that clown. In fact, the more I think about, the farther away the place is from the state bureaucracy, the better probably.