Mounting Ninthwards

Dukes or 916s?

Seeing as how Shane's Super Sale is coming to an end I figured there will probably be a bunch of people talking about this, so I figured I'd start a Ninthward thread.

I got a pair of NGPs, so the question remains, should I mount with Dukes or 916s? I'm planning on mounting these somewhere behind the FR line because of the THA 187 threads. I'm thinking somewhere between 1 and 3cm.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

I have my THA just 1cm(I think, or 1.25) behind the Powder line and I really like where these are mounted. They are not my powder ski, I have Praxis Pows for that. Still, they can ride powder well enough even if you sometimes need to drive from the back seat. As a just after fresh powder to packed soft snow ski, the mounting point is about perfect, for looking forward.

The NPG is a different ski, of course.

I talked to Shane...he recommended +3 or 4 from the freeride line for everyday charging. Mine are in the shop now. Will ski them this weekend and report back.
    Courage + believe = life. Life is not about how many breaths you take. It's what you do with those breaths

z just moved his back from the freeride line for everyday. don't know how far...

Quote Originally Posted by SkiEvil View Post
    I talked to Shane...he recommended +3 or 4 from the freeride line for everyday charging. Mine are in the shop now. Will ski them this weekend and report back.
    Do you mean 3 or 4cm forward of the FR line? That seems like the opposite of all the other threads I read.

And my thoughts about mounting my NGPs like you would mount THA 187 come from something I read about them being "a bigger 187".
    -Death

Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    Do you mean 3 or 4cm forward of the FR line? That seems like the opposite of all the other threads I read.

And my thoughts about mounting my NGPs like you would mount THA 187 come from something I read about them being "a bigger 187".
    THA 187 doesn't float all that well in light powder mounted 1 cm forward of the powder line. It's my only ski and they work fairly decent in all Colorado conditions. The mount doesn't seem that far forward for a twin. There is still quite a bit more tip than tail. I think the ski is just too stiff and has too much camber to be a great powder ski despite it's large dimensions. I wouldn't expect the NGP to float that much better. If you aren't in a huge hurry to get them mounted, I'd wait for other people to ride theirs and give you opinions.

Bump because I still haven't made up my mind.

Dukes or 916s?
    -Death

Kaz is my co-pilot