Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lax
    someone make this a poster
    ^ No. That's lame. ^

Do you think I could sue Foulke if I had a heart attack watching him pitch? Christ, guy. I nearly shit myself. Did you see him say "Gotta keep it interesting!" (or something) after the game? No! Ass! You don't!

Tonight will be nuts. Crazy crazy nuts. Both of these teams are unreal, and that'll make it all the better when the Yankees make history by losing tonight. Kevin Brown's the poor sucker who's gonna take the L, but it will launch him in to infamy.
    It's idomatic, beatch.

I would love nothing more than seeing the Sox unleash a WWI-style shelling on the Yankees tonight.
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

As a Cubs fan, I am rooting pretty hard for the Sox......I am oh so familiar with the effects of a long lasting baseball curse. Also, I just hate the fuckin Yankees
    (bigsugar = hater). But this series is taking a toll on my liver........I just hope tonight doesn't go to extra innings, I've got a test at 7:30 AM tomorrow......maybe I'll have to lay off the booze tonight.

GO SOX!
    Looking California, feeling Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo

Tuffy, were those riot cops racist?
    new york city cops in the bronx. take a wild guess.
    fine

Do you any of you "old timers" remember when Reggie Jackson stuck out his hip in that World Series game against the Dodger's. The friggin Yankees gotta away with that one. Changed the whole series. My father, a born and raised Chicago, Yankee-New York hater went ballistic on that one. As soon as that A-Rod play happened last night, I figured I would be receiving a call from Mom that ole dad was bashin in the TV. Damn glad they gotta it right.

This has been the best baseball series since the 75 Reds-Boston World series.

Being a Chi-town baseball fan, I feel the pain and agony (trust me..this shit brings pain) with the Red Sox fans.

PUT AN END TO THIS FUCKIN CURSE TONIGHT...GO RED SOX!!!

What a bunch of class acts the Yankee fans are. Throwing shit onto the field when your star player tries to pull a fast one and the umpires make the correct call.......classy. Reminds me of a three year old throwing a temper tantrum when they don't get their way. Yankee fans are the biggest bunch of spoiled, sorry ass losers in all of baseball. Fuck the Yankee organization, the players and their fans.

GO SOX!!!!!
    Old's Cool.

Not to defend that crap, but I guess you were out getting a beer when they ran video of Sox fans doing the exact same thing in the ALCS 1986 series.

Quote Originally Posted by Anxious Mo-Fo
    Not to defend that crap, but I guess you were out getting a beer when they ran video of Sox fans doing the exact same thing in the ALCS 1986 series.
    Pretty sure they didn't have to bring in the cops, suited in riot gear.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by tuffy109
    new york city cops in the bronx. take a wild guess.
    that's crazy! now how exactly do the racist cops in boston and new york keep the black people out of the stadiums?
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

Well, after little Mayer stealing a HR in 96, and the phantom Knoblauch tag, to see the Yanks not get the blown calls is quite a change (course you only have to go back one night to see Ortiz have the bat taken out of his hands on a clear checked swing, and Ortiz called out on a successfully stolen base, but whatever...).
    Tonight I think Lowe is starting? But I just told Snorkeldeep what Francona should do, so basom needs to get this memo over to him: start Wakefield with Mirabelli batting ninth, see what happens, bring Lowe in for middle relief (Varitek comes in, obviously), with Pedro doing some short work to close it out.
    Can Foulke pitch well after 100 pitches in the last three games?? Timlin should be good to go tnoight, right? Jonny and Manny finally get their shit together, we should put this away.
    Then again, I've got the worst feeling that I saw this movie last year and I sorta remember how it ends...but they can't do that to me again, right??
    Why Not Us? I hope Schilling has more than one of those shirts, because aside from his start, it's the only one I've seen him wear this past week.
    [quote][//quote]

Please... anyone but Kevin Brown.

Lowe is listed as the starter, but I'd like to see Wakefield and Mirabelli open the show too. It seems to me that the Yankees bullpen is more beat than the sox-- if they can shell Brown early and force Torre to get in to his 'pen, I think that would bode extremely well.

I'm psyched.
    It's idomatic, beatch.

Well, I won;t profess to take sides since I was born on a volcano in the middle of the ocean, far far from the US east coast.

But, I will tell you this. I almost wrecked my Taco last night trying to drive from Tahoe City to Truckee to make the 6th innning at the Blue Coyote. I was stupefied to find the place packed, standing room only. Thousands of miles away from the games, in a tiny mountain town in the middle of the Sierra Nevada in the grip of a howling blizzard, there were almost 100 drunken souls screaming and yelling at the TV, each other and the poor lone bartender. Truly amazing, now I know why you all call this the best rivalrly in sports. Hands down the best baseball game I've ever watched.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio
    Lowe is listed as the starter, but I'd like to see Wakefield and Mirabelli open the show too. It seems to me that the Yankees bullpen is more beat than the sox-- if they can shell Brown early and force Torre to get in to his 'pen, I think that would bode extremely well.

I'm psyched.
    I'm not so sure about that--Gordon and Rivera rested last night. Then again, Rivera is sort of a good luck charm for the Sox at this point.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki
    course you only have to go back one night to see Ortiz have the bat taken out of his hands on a clear checked swing, and Ortiz called out on a successfully stolen base, but whatever
    shit, you even whine when you win.

he got called on that check swing, yet one at bat prior he clearly broke his wrist and did a full 360 trying to stop his swing and didn't get called.

and stealing? shit, he's out on principle.
    fine

Building a fighting force of extra-ordinary magnitude
    8:28 AM PST

Vinzclortho = already freaking out

What a great game last night!!! I thought it was funny/odd though that the riot cops were facing the field and not the stands. I guess there was that one guy a few weeks ago who threw a chair into the stands though huh?

Shilling is Iron Man. Bleeding to death before the game even started, unnecessary surgery to play!?!?!? LATE FEES?!!?!? That's just ballsy! The guy has heart, it was really good to see him on the mound.

Does Bellhorn's 3 run homer make up for all his awful awful at-bats though? I mean yeah he killed it last night, but I still never feel good about him being at-bat.

If Johnny would just come back to life and get a few basehits, that would be super.

How is Brown's back holding up? He pitched what...3 days ago? And he's about to pitch tonight as well? ouch.

anyways, I'm freaking out and so stoked for this game. got a 12 pack of PBR's chillin in the fridge and I got a bottle of Patron set to pop
    Last edited by vinzclortho; 10-20-2004 at 09:49 AM.
    thats new hampshire as fuck

We ain't eager to be legal, so please leave me with the keys to your Jeep Eagle.

The 1942 Toronto Maple Leafs and the 1975 New York Islanders.............

Quote Originally Posted by Lane Meyer
    Well, I won;t profess to take sides since I was born on a volcano in the middle of the ocean, far far from the US east coast.

But, I will tell you this. I almost wrecked my Taco last night trying to drive from Tahoe City to Truckee to make the 6th innning at the Blue Coyote. I was stupefied to find the place packed, standing room only. Thousands of miles away from the games, in a tiny mountain town in the middle of the Sierra Nevada in the grip of a howling blizzard, there were almost 100 drunken souls screaming and yelling at the TV, each other and the poor lone bartender. Truly amazing, now I know why you all call this the best rivalrly in sports. Hands down the best baseball game I've ever watched.
    TV ratings for last night's game were astounding. Blew away the MNF game (as expected) but what shocked me was a 31 rating in NYC & a 49.5 rating in Boston. Half the friggin' TV's in Boston tuned to the game - awesome. I'm *somewhat* more calm this morning, but it's gonna start all over again at about 7:30 tonite.

Interesting question on ESPN radio this A.M.: Who's the pressure REALLY on tonight? Red Sox or Yankees?

I say Yankees - they've already watched the Red Sox make history. That (over) confidence they always display has been eroded pretty quicky over the last 3 games, while the Red Sox have gained momentum. Advantage: Sox. Let's keep it goin'!
    We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need? ~ Lee Iacocca

Quote Originally Posted by vinzclortho
    8:28 AM PST

LATE FEES?!!?!?
    What's that about? Late fees for what? Fill me in.

In a way I wish I understood Woodsy's somewhat obscure reference, but not enough to research it.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman
    In a way I wish I understood Woodsy's somewhat obscure reference, but not enough to research it.
    they're the only teams to come back from 0-3.
    fine

Quote Originally Posted by iceman
    What's that about? Late fees for what? Fill me in.

Only 2 teams in professional sports history to come back from 0-3 deficits and WIN.
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

I swear the Knicks came back from a 3-0 deficit in 1999 or around that time. Weird.

wow. what a game. I'd give anything to be back home (Boston) while all this is going on. I was there last year during the playoffs, and what a ride.

I've got a good feeling about tonight....history will be made.

GO SOX!!!
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy
    The 1942 Toronto Maple Leafs and the 1975 New York Islanders
    You'd better qualify which 1975 series for the Islanders.

The Islanders were down 3-0 to both the Pens and the Flyers. One series they won in seven, the other they lost in seven to the eventual Stanley Cup winner.
    "Don't drive angry."

Best quote from the movie "Groundhog Day"

I hate the Yankers more than any team in pro sports. I hate to see them win. However, the World Series without the Yankers will not hold any interest for me as an non Sox/Astros/Cards fan so I need someone to hate and root against. I love the *The Curse*
    So much fun it will be watching you chowds cry.

LONG LIVE THE CURSE. Hahahahahahah-
    "For in the end life and liberty can be as much endangered from illegal methods used to convict those thought to be criminals as from the actual criminals themselves".