Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
    The fucked up thing here is that this guy was busted (amongst other BS charges) for essentially mooching off of the federal government by taking more than his fair share of a federal resource (land).

This one person wasn't costing the federal government/taxpayers a dime by doing so.

Now he is being thrown in jail, where federal money is being spent to house/clothe/feed him.

I don't disagree with squatting on National Forest land being illegal, thats what makes it a forest and not a suburb, but anything more than being kicked out and fined is ridiculous.

I'm either going to pay for this guy's defense/camper or pay to house him in jail, so I guess I'll throw a couple bucks his way.
    What really enraged me is he is being charged with assault on a officer for "tensing up"!! Authorities admit he didnt kick, punch, etc etc. If a cop "tenses up" around me, who is going to have them arrested for assault?

On the other hand, the first time I read it I missed that they will let this guy go with time served if he just admits guilt.

I blame Obama and his boot jacked thugs. So much for this land is our land.

I also hope this dood gets to ski this season.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

I'd be in to help. Seems to me like he needs a couple things:

-An address to be released to. (Apt or Vacant Private Land)
    -A fix on his truck or something that runs

I'll kick down to help a brutha out. Somebody local post an addy.

I'd kick down twice if it would help get those lying bastard cops fired.

Benny, first time in quite a while that I've agreed with you.

Advres, you were told to drink no alcohol. Nyquil has alcohol in it. What are they supposed to do, give you an "accidental alcohol" "get out of jail free" card? That makes no sense. Next time read the labels.

I'd throw some loot in to help out.

We've won it. It's going to get better now. You can sort of tell these things.

God I'm pissed.
    Fuck you Uncle Sam.

Attach of the JBT's ("Jack-Booted Thugs")

Probably a gung-ho and green officer and prosecutor. He will get convicted of camping, fined $100, and released on time served.

Probably shouldn't have done what he did as far as the camping goes, rest is BS and the judge will sort it out. His attorney needs to grow some 'nads and request a speedy hearing date.

BTW, remember that every dollar contributed to a defense fund counts as taxable income to ole' Charlie, and if he doesn't report it on his tax return, then they hammer him for tax evasion. But probably could anyway. My guess is that he hasn't been reporting his snow shoveling income or the income represented by the bartered lift ticket's he's earned over the years either.

Ken
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Someone should write a folk song to publicize this injustice. Is Bob Dylan still alive?
    Days on snow this season: 54 Last Season: 83

www.poachninja.com

Word. Me too.

Lets spam the shit out of the US Attorneys Office...from his facebook page:

Contact US Attorney Michelle Helmyer to let her know that her prosecution of Charlie is a waste of our public resources. Don't let her get away with this BS! Michelle Heldmyer Assistant U.S. Attorney 400 Rood Ave. Suite 220 Grand Junction, CO 81501 Tel: (970) 257-7113 Fax: (970) 248-3630 - Fax email: michelle.heldmyer@usdoj.gov

Michelle's Boss: US Attorney Jeffrey Dorschner email: jeffrey.dorschner@usdoj.gov

Quote Originally Posted by Derider View Post
    God I'm pissed.
    Fuck you Uncle Sam.

They took him down to the ground/snow face first because he tensed up??

Did they forget their fucking taser? Fucking pigs anyway.

I would love to help the guy. Could be me in 30 years.

And Nyquil is the suck. Don't use it. Your life will be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

To digress slightly. how many people are currently detained because they don't have a home to go to, or the other minor details in order? And I hear about overcrowding in prisons. By the time this debarkle is sorted the cost to the government will be more than a lifetimes rent on an RV lot at the ski hill. and possibly the RV too.
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor from sleeping under bridges, begging in the streets, or stealing bread." -- Anatole France

ok, everybody keeps talking about helping, but does anyone have any solid idea of how to go about this?

I don't know if I'm too far away, but I just spent a bunch of time flattening out some property so a friend of mine can park a 5th wheel on my property, just found out he won't be doing this till april, so I have space that he could use. Also have a spare PO box he could use for an addy in Empire.

It's not the hilton, but it's damn near a city lot worth of flat ground, I think it would serve the prupose.
    I'm in Dumont, about 15 min from Loveland so he'd need a running vehicle, but he could legally live at least.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by backcountryislife View Post
    ok, everybody keeps talking about helping, but does anyone have any solid idea of how to go about this?

I don't know if I'm too far away, but I just spent a bunch of time flattening out some property so a friend of mine can park a 5th wheel on my property, just found out he won't be doing this till april, so I have space that he could use. Also have a spare PO box he could use for an addy in Empire.

It's not the hilton, but it's damn near a city lot worth of flat ground, I think it would serve the prupose.
    I'm in Dumont, about 15 min from Loveland so he'd need a running vehicle, but he could legally live at least.
    j

awesome.

Gee, wonder what would make such a guy openly hostile to his government?

Instead of merely writing annoyed letters to the federal scumbags "earning" paychecks prosecuting this guy, I'd like to take suggestions on how I can annoy them and make their lives and jobs more difficult and stressful.

FOIA requests?
    If you're a relatively moral, ethical person, there's no inherent drive to kiss ass and beg for forgiveness and promise to never do it again, which is what mostly goes on in church. -YetiMan

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    I'm guessing the theory somebody posted about being a Vietnam vet is very plausible (perfect age), although he may just be an anti social type.

I'll step up and take funds, but somebody in Co. has to deliver them to him. I guess the best way, if you all trust me, is to just PM me for an address, and send me a check.

He doesn't need much. At this point, he knows how to live cheap.

I am out of contact in the 9-5 world.

This guys goes to jail for 2 months and we have people committing violent crimes serving no jail time everyday. What's wrong with this picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post

Instead of merely writing annoyed letters to the federal scumbags "earning" paychecks prosecuting this guy, I'd like to take suggestions on how I can annoy them and make their lives and jobs more difficult and stressful.

FOIA requests?
    FOIA requests would be a very good way to irritate the fuck out of them, they are required by law to respond. As soon as you get the results, change the wording enough that they have to re-do it. It's a waste of tax dollars of course but it's better than paying these morons to go around and hassle people and then look for a disability discharge due to PTSD because the guy "tensed up".

Now I don't wanna jinx anything, but has anyone thought that maybe one of the reasons for the *ahem* rather lacking awesomness (snowfall) this year is that this living embodiment of all things ski bummish is locked up in Gerogetown? Like his ludicrous imprisonment is creating a giant karma suck for the entire zone?

TURN EM LOOSE!!

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    FOIA requests would be a very good way to irritate the fuck out of them, they are required by law to respond.
    The feds are required to (eventually) respond (probably in the form of a computer generated form letter), but probably not required to produce records compiled for enforcement proceedings, especially during the pendency of an ongoing prosecution. See 5 USC 552(b)(7).

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    The feds are required to (eventually) respond (probably in the form of a computer generated form letter), but probably not required to produce records compiled for enforcement proceedings, especially during the pendency of an ongoing prosecution. See 5 USC 552(b)(7).
    Okay, just egg their cars instead then.

Maybe someone owns land close by that could let him just set up shop and live....if there is going to be a fund to help this fine gentleman out , i am in,,,,,,,i wish i had the balls to just bag everything and live simple and ski...damn he is a legend and must be helped.....any MAGS mechanics that could help with his house on wheels.....just a thought......
    always forward but never straight

Quote Originally Posted by backcountryislife View Post

I like the cone of shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

+1 for benny,

If you are in a position of authority, that's duties may include dealing with potentially hostile (not this case but still) individuals, which may require physical intervention, and in the mildest case of resistance you suffer some kind of stress disorder you clearly are unfit for the job you hold and should seek alternative employment.
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Pit View Post
    +1 for benny,

If you are in a position of authority, that's duties may include dealing with potentially hostile (not this case but still) individuals, which may require physical intervention, and in the mildest case of resistance you suffer some kind of stress disorder you clearly are unfit for the job you hold and should seek alternative employment.
    I am wondering how this nutcase got past kindergarten? Attacking a senior citizen for "tensing up"?