My very own thread...I'd wished it was not in this forum.

Anyway, fell far forward on my ski, about a year ago last week. The binding did not release...! I felt a BAD tearing sensation resulting in severe pain just behind the ankle. I went to an urgent care clinic, and x-rays were ordered. Nothing showed. The ankle did not get better, so I went to physical therapy. This did not really help either. He suspected torn retinaculum, and the ortho was the path forward. Onward to the Ortho, but probably about 10 months after the injury. (Bad call, I'll go straight to the Ortho, if ever there is a next time...)

Anyway, they diagnosed this immediately and ordered a MRI. That did not show major tearing of the retinaculum, but basically, you could see my tendo ride high on the ankle, and all things continued to point to a stretched retinaculm (Or tearing, that had been healed).

Surgery was yesterday. Pain today. It will be a long road to recovery. I've read of others with the same type of issue. I will have a cast for about 4 weeks, and then therapy after it comes off. Zero pressure for the first two weeks. It sounds as though all up, 6 months until back to 100%. I sure hope it gets back to 100%. I dealt with the tendon popping for about a year and basically having zero confidence to do any major twisting motion. I could run in a straight line, but lateral pressure, was no good. I guess it can only get better. Needless to say, this season never happened for me. Is it bad of me to be slightly happy it has been a pretty bad El Nino season in the northwest?

I just wanted to say thanks to those who share there stories here. It is good to read, and gives me confidence it will get better! This being my first injury of any consequence...it's tough...

Puma

A side note, the Vicodin\Oxycodon is good...Just threw a beer into the equation, and feel great right now. I bet it's effected my writing though...sorry for rambling!