advres Guest

Site issues still...

Any chance of getting this fixed? It started a long time ago and still happen sporadically. Starting to get real annoying...

example...

advres Guest
    come on...

I'd be totally happy if the forums weren't so slow all the time...
    If you french fry when you pizza you're going to have a bad time.

looks like AJAX Control Toolkit issues, maybe with validator callout

bit it went away, so i imagine that it got fixed on Kickapps' end, because i couldn't imagine the TGR guys even caring enough to fix it, much less having the competence

PS: it figures advres would still be using the gay theme...

Hugh Conway Guest
    jesus christ advres why do you hate TGR?

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post

bit it went away, so i imagine that it got fixed on Kickapps' end, because i couldn't imagine the TGR guys even caring enough to fix it, much less having the competence

PS: it figures advres would still be using the gay theme...
    It happens daily for about an hour or so. I hadn't seen it in about 8 or 9 months. When I saw it last, it continued for over a month for several hours a day, if not all day.

And about the gay theme. No one ever really cared for this theme. Everyone liked the old blue or this new god awful one that is being used now.

advres Guest
    I also get this now which only started a few days ago...

advres Guest
    i get this in FF 3.5 on this laptop, but some of it may be due to my text size settings
    It's not a constant thing. It happens from time to time. Like I said, I haven't seen it happen in a long time but it has happened the past two days for about an hour. Maybe my RIP of the site in FF3.5.7 has something to do with it but I figured I would bring it to their attention.

Notice how I remove the whole top of the page? I don't feel it is a RIP problem though as it only happens from time to time. I'm just hoping the web geeks at TGR can fix it eventually because when it happens it makes it pretty annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    It happens daily for about an hour or so. I hadn't seen it in about 8 or 9 months. When I saw it last, it continued for over a month for several hours a day, if not all day.
    this means that the code we receive from TGR is different for that hour or two than it is normally

f it happens the same time every time, then it's something in a chron job

if it varies, then it's something else (disk/mem capacities, skiddies, kickapps, etc)

This is a rackspace issue. Thanks to those who send us alerts when it happens, it helps to get it back up. We are actually the ones who fix it and we do care. We are incompetent for sure. You will have to go to the Alpine Zone to find competancy.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

"We been runnin' these goddam hills for dang near, huh?"
    Sturgis Uncensored

Also,
    dev@tetongravity.com is the email to send any issues to when the site is down. Our full web team gets them. It is very helpful when you guys point things out. I try and make sure those guys see these threads so they can work on them.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

Sturgis Uncensored

Quote Originally Posted by TGR420 View Post
    This is a rackspace issue. Thanks to those who send us alerts when it happens, it helps to get it back up. We are actually the ones who fix it and we do care. We are incompetent for sure. You will have to go to the Alpine Zone to find competancy.
    thanks for the phone number! i'll put it on my 'bail money' list and try not to hump ur leg unless i have a real problem or am just too drunk to sleep

i hope rackspace has installed a CO2 system, since the sprinklers didn't do so hot the last time their data center caught on fire
    i hear the Dallas fire dept only took a couple hours drive right up to the scene and squirt a couple million gallons of water on the cinders, so they must either be hanging at AlpineZone to responsibly raise their competence, or the brakes on their truck are acting up again

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TGR420 View Post
    Also,
    dev@tetongravity.com is the email to send any issues to when the site is down. Our full web team gets them. It is very helpful when you guys point things out. I try and make sure those guys see these threads so they can work on them.
    Yeah T, I figured I would just bump this post whenever it happens again. Thanks for the heads up and the e-mail. Next time I notice sumtin, I'll use it. Now get off the computer and go get some turns in.

Thanks gents. Just keep pointing it out and we will do our best to address.

Sturgis Uncensored