Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Please tell me you can selectively block farmville and zoo-ville crap on facebook

OMFG! Please say it can be done! I want to keep up w/ some of these folks...they are great when they are not playing these games. But the homeless baby llamas and eggs laid by chickens and corn crops are pushing me over the brink! Every five minutes...wtf?

Is there an app where I can block only these games but see their other status messages?

Jesusfuckingchrist!

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite View Post
    OMFG! Please say it can be done! I want to keep up w/ some of these folks...they are great when they are not playing these games. But the homeless baby llamas and eggs laid by chickens and corn crops are pushing me over the brink! Every five minutes...wtf?

Is there an app where I can block only these games but see their other status messages?

Jesusfuckingchrist!

Sprite
    Hover over the right corner of the post and it says "Hide". Click it and it asks if you want to hide the game or the person. That's it....
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

thanks AG! I will try it...

I hope it does not hide all their posts, just these particular games. I am pretty good about ignoring stuff (too good sometimes!)...but when every other, and sometimes every single, post on my newfeed is updates on ficticious zoo animals and plants it's a bummer!

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

The best way to do it is on the left hand side menu- click on the Status Updates and move it to the top of the menu list. It gives you a better view in my opinion. Then you have to click down on 2nd item -the News Feeds to see a few other items but still no Mafia Wars, etc stuff. Finally click on the top where it states Live Feed and all the game garbage appears on the screen (mine has 193 of them since this morning as I check...

YES! I have been wanting to get rid of that crap for so long! Thank you Snowsprite for asking the question, and thank you Altagirl for helping me reach facebook nirvana.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite View Post
    thanks AG! I will try it...

I hope it does not hide all their posts, just these particular games. I am pretty good about ignoring stuff (too good sometimes!)...but when every other, and sometimes every single, post on my newfeed is updates on ficticious zoo animals and plants it's a bummer!

Sprite
    Don't sweat it - when you click "HIDE" it asks you which you want to do. And if you hide an application, it hides all the posts from that game from everyone. OR you can hide all posts from one person in particular. And you can undo it if you want too... but that I can't remember how to do off the top of my head.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

You know, Spritey, I bet you can grow some quality weed in Farmville and then turn around and sell it in Mafia Wars. Not sure how Zooville fits into this, however.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

edit:

hahahahha i posted in the wrong thread. im only on my first whiskey coke

but yea since im here... facebook is the vain of my existence. all of those stupid apps + my girlfriend being obsessed. We were talking about what defines the starting point of a romantic relationship. I believe its when you tell your parents and friends that your dating, she believes its when you post it on facebook.
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

If what she does doesn't block the requests from these games, on the requests they send to you in small print under the request there's also a "block all requests from this person" option, because i have a cousin who sends all of that CRAP all the time. so if you have people who are major offenders that's another way to get peace and quiet

Yes you can (As AltaGirl pointed out).

It's funny.. when you learn how to do that, you (or at least I) start blocking apps pretty much the first time you see them and never think about them again - until it's picked up by the media, friends in real life, etc. What's that? Oh I don't know about it.

I was on a conversation where someone said, "People who claim not to know about it are usually closet addicts of these games." I thought that was a funny comment.. it's been blocked for me so long that I'd not know what it was if they didn't talk about it on ThisWeekInTech for 20 minutes last month...

Great, we brought a discussion about the most annoying thing on FB onto TGR. Perfectly appropriate right? Whats next, party pictures of my ex getting buck nasty on the dance floor with some west coast guido douche bag? Please, let this thread diiiieee!

Quote Originally Posted by QuikR12 View Post
    party pictures of my ex getting buck nasty on the dance floor with some west coast guido douche bag?
    post the pics or gtfo
    “Money has never been my god — never.” - The Chief

I love the blatantly pervy stalkers going after their old obsessions publicly in error. Dude I went to school with posted on a classmates wall the other day "So, are you still married to Tommy?"

same guy commented on another girls pic- THAT is a GREAT pic of you! Where are you living these days?? Pic was just a random head shot. Chick came out of the closet a long time ago but he doesn't know...

freakin hilarious-
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

I thought this thread was going to be about Rontele's penchant for beastiality
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

thank you for this information. my FB experience is now much more pleasurable.

Yes, thank you to whoever posted the hint! Makes the whole thing much easier to keep up with.

Another thank you from me! Just went through an cleared about 15 dumbass post's. I think the better idea is to unfriend people who are pathetic enough to get involved in these dumb games.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiFreeor... View Post
    Another thank you from me! Just went through an cleared about 15 dumbass post's. I think the better idea is to unfriend people who are pathetic enough to get involved in these dumb games.

Hell yes.

Winner.

There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

thanks guys...I really appreciate you making facebook tolerable again!

Sprite

thank god, I was about this close to closing out my Facebook account because I can't stand the stupid mob wars and farmville crap
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Dislike!

AG and another mag here who tends to like to put on camps and yell at you for your horrible skiing technique are addicts of Farmville.
    I like both these quality peeps, but there addiction is blocked.

Now, I do have a friend from HS who has not done ANYTHING other than play these games on FB. No other stuff, at all.....defriend!

here's a facebook pet peeve. i have a facebook friend who has very serious cancer. i go to his page because that's where his family is posting updates. on the page (where I can't selectively block apps - i can only do that in a newsfeed), i have to filter through all these tacky inane "I just hit you with a pillow" app updates that friends inadvertently posted on his wall. It's pretty tasteless - but it's not the friend's fault. They didn't mean to put that there - the app had some sort of option (on by default) that just let him firehose it to all of his friends. So while the idea of blocking that stuff from newfeeds is great, facebook can go a lot farther.