Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    heh, I just found out that a guy I went to high school with played two years for the Whalers - where's Kevin Dineen when you need him???
    He's the head coach of the Portland Pirates. As for where he is when you need him, if he's not coaching, try a certain local bar near the Civic Center.

I am picturing tex's workplace is something like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    I am picturing tex's workplace is something like this:

ding ding ding (except we're in connecticut - we only wear ties if we're going out)

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    What h.s. did you go to old man?

p.s. drank beers with dan carcillo, jeff carter, and some other flyers after the winter classic. carcillo is fucking tiny but a good guy. fucking canuck
    I hope he is better off the ice than on, the cheap dirty ass scumbag.
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas View Post
    Oh, look, a Hobie Baker award - but shouldn't there be two? (I guess the logistics were kinda difficult).

Quote Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
    Ha ha, if it's the same guy that was working when I went there (not sure if he's the curator or not), you'll get an answer and then some.
    Dude talked our ears off not just about the 1980 Olympics, but his car collection and the history/importance of a local (older) Olympian (can't recall the name at the moment) that had stopped by the museum when we were in there looking around.

Hope you can take long breaks!! So does that mean you work in the same building that hosted the only hockey game that is taught in history classes?

Steve - yes he still works there, but he isnt the curator and i avoid talking to him or making eye contact. He was a former bobsledder and a nascar fan and his bronco has big stenciled letter that say "boogity, boogity, boogity, lets go racing boys." he should not be around the public ever.

I had meetings all morning and forgot to ask, so hopefully someone found the answer, if not always to tomorrow.
    I could go on, and on, and on...but who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Woodlandclown View Post
    Steve - yes he still works there, but he isnt the curator and i avoid talking to him or making eye contact. He was a former bobsledder and a nascar fan and his bronco has big stenciled letter that say "boogity, boogity, boogity, lets go racing boys." he should not be around the public ever.
    Yup thats the guy, I remember the bobsledding part now, IIRC said he grew up in LP and did it in his youth/teen years (we got the whole life story, most of it left my gray matter before he started his next sentence). Yeah for a few minutes we found him entertaining, that kinda wore off quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Jim Korn quit the team after he got a pro offer, thinking that they didn't have a chance in hell and why bother. He is my best friends older brother and used to beat the shit out of us for no reason. Now he's a lawyer. Funny career choice. I think that decision still stings a bit.

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    Quote Originally Posted by bluejet59 View Post
    Jim Korn quit the team after he got a pro offer, thinking that they didn't have a chance in hell and why bother. He is my best friends older brother and used to beat the shit out of us for no reason. Now he's a lawyer. Funny career choice. I think that decision still stings a bit.
    must sting every time they bring it up on the news eh? but he made life choices, live and learn
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com