mounting question moved to tech talk

I hade some seth pistols mounted the other day. And me not knowing a whole lot about mounting skis i thought i would check here i switched from snowboarding last season. I asked them to get mounted 2 cm forward but it looks like they mounted them 2cm back. And do they moeasure in accordance from where the heal peace is at or some thechnical thing i dont know about? Plus i dont want to go into the shop and look like an idiot if they did it right. Thanks for the help.
    here are a couple pictures of the mounting job.

I like to play, its fun.

Funny, thought it might be the light in ski/snowboard - but, no they still look forward to me.

Again, I say - Not sure of a "typical" SP mounting, but don't those look about 4-5cm forward?
    We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need? ~ Lee Iacocca

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by EPSkis
    Again, I say - Not sure of a "typical" SP mounting, but don't those look about 4-5cm forward?
    or really small boots.

Post a pic with the boot in binding

It’s so quiet, it’s so cool, it’s so cold

From the pic, those look waaaay forward. And by the way... mounting point is measured from mid-sole, not heel piece... i.e. that large arrow that says "mid-sole" under it, that should line up with the mid-sole of your ski boot if you mount according to factory settings.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayHarder
    or really small boots.
    If that's the case, then they're REALLY screwed up.

From Telemarktips:

"For heavy skiers / small feet ,mount on balance or up to 5mm behind, for light skiers /big feet mount up to 20mm in front of mark. Most skiers should mount their bindings neutral, exceptions are necessary when body weight or foot size differs from average according to height. Generally, good skiers should mount bindings neutral, while moving bindings forwards will help beginners."

The more I look at those pics, the more I think they're mounted WAAAAAY too fuggin' forward.
    We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need? ~ Lee Iacocca

well i do have smalled feet size 26.5 boots, and i am smallerish guy 150 pds. But now looking at it they do look somewhat close.
    I like to play, its fun.

Shouldn't the boot center mark be at the mid sole mark in the pic for all mountain skiing? If so, looks way forward. Prepare to spin like no other.

Here is mine mounted at the boot center mark, s912's. Depending on what type bindings those are they could be about 2cm forward. You really just need to put your boots in there and measure though.

measured and they were pretty much right on. Thanks again for the help
    I like to play, its fun.