Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Ugh... I hate frosbite on the nose!

If it's seriously bad, ibuprofen 400mg every 6 hours to help reduce tissue damage. I'm sure you well know that it's super sensitive to further cold exposure for some months.

Yeah, sensitive as a mutha. Thanks for the tip. It's peeling and mostly just the very tip, but still feels funky.

Looks like the snow was good for you boys... Well after ridin pavement spots for the first 3-4 miles...

When you come up to this neck' of the woods again pm me as this country is in my backyard and I have been known to do a little brappin.. I also have access to cabins in that area so maybe a 2or 3 day maggot snowmoboarding gathering is in order..

You boys should also get to know the cranors and the lovely ammenties that the Taylor Post has to offer.. A little chili and a break half way will make that long approach easier and leave you with less frostbite.. They also sell gas 24 hrs a day and beer!!

On the frostbite subject look into a HJC full face with a breath box and castle goggles.. If you need I get a hook up and for $150 with a set of goggles. Then you can say good bye to frostbite forever.. You should try makin that run when it is -30 at Taylor res.....

Blurred good to see that you got that track in and if you get in a bind around here again feel free to pm me... I have hauled more than one 900 poo out of that area - all with a broken crank.. I also know a bit about cats if you get in a bind and have most parts that you would need here in BV.

Way to get after it and great photos..

Quote Originally Posted by jahve View Post
    Looks like the snow was good for you boys... Well after ridin pavement spots for the first 3-4 miles...

When you come up to this neck' of the woods again pm me as this country is in my backyard and I have been known to do a little brappin.. I also have access to cabins in that area so maybe a 2or 3 day maggot snowmoboarding gathering is in order..

You boys should also get to know the cranors and the lovely ammenties that the Taylor Post has to offer.. A little chili and a break half way will make that long approach easier and leave you with less frostbite.. They also sell gas 24 hrs a day and beer!!

On the frostbite subject look into a HJC full face with a breath box and castle goggles.. If you need I get a hook up and for $150 with a set of goggles. Then you can say good bye to frostbite forever.. You should try makin that run when it is -30 at Taylor res.....

Blurred good to see that you got that track in and if you get in a bind around here again feel free to pm me... I have hauled more than one 900 poo out of that area - all with a broken crank.. I also know a bit about cats if you get in a bind and have most parts that you would need here in BV.

Way to get after it and great photos..

The cabins up in Italian Creek are pretty posh. Are those the ones you are talking about or are you referring to the ones down near the reservoir? Either way, a mini up there would be kickass. Let's do it.

Never been into the Taylor trading post. Always end up heading straight north at the junction. Will have to keep that in mind.

Will definitely shoot a pm next time we head down. Pow4brains and are usually there once a week. Good zone once you get in there. A bit of a ride at first though, but scenic and fun.

awesome photos dave. once again, you're making me reconsider my "we don't need another toy" decision :-) we rode dirt bikes to this exact spot this past summer and boy it's remote even on two wheels with no snow. i'm with blurred, i wouldn't want to be stuck back there with a dead sled. great TR!

Quote Originally Posted by jahve View Post
    On the frostbite subject look into a HJC full face with a breath box and castle goggles.. If you need I get a hook up and for $150 with a set of goggles. Then you can say good bye to frostbite forever.. You should try makin that run when it is -30 at Taylor res....
    Which helmet? I am looking for a lighter one I can ride with and still ski in?

I rode from Aspen to Gold hill Friday afternoon, but I was solo and chickened out going all the way to the reservoir.

Quote Originally Posted by ^^^ View Post
    The cabins up in Italian Creek are pretty posh. Are those the ones you are talking about or are you referring to the ones down near the reservoir? Either way, a mini up there would be kickass. Let's do it.

Never been into the Taylor trading post. Always end up heading straight north at the junction. Will have to keep that in mind.

Will definitely shoot a pm next time we head down. Pow4brains and are usually there once a week. Good zone once you get in there. A bit of a ride at first though, but scenic and fun.

"Scenic and fun..." I wish it was closer but that is not a bad outlook.

Yea at the junction hang a left, follow the road/trail and the "post" is just over the hill. They do chili on the weekends and are around most of the time if you need to get gas, beer, or a candy bar. If you are going to go all the way to apsen you have to get gas here..

I wish I was up in Italian we just get a cabin at the post.

Sick. Wonder if we could get in there from this side, go up Cement and over Reno Ridge just like in the summer. Hmmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I have the HJC he's referring to.
    While I do ski in it when sledding, it's less the perfect, I. E. still rather heavy compared to Non DOT/Snell options. The breath box that HJC makes can be purchased separately, attaches with velcro and can be used with other helmets as well with some adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I'm pretty sure more than one of those photos belongs in a magazine.
    slednecking doesn't usually do much for me but all I can say is WOW.

Nice work.

Face shots is good shots.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

I rode from Aspen to Gold hill Friday afternoon, but I was solo and chickened out going all the way to the reservoir.
    Those helmets would be tough to ski in. I'm looking for a lighter full face DOT helmet too for skiing and sledding. Really what I need is a better face mask (see frostbite) that fits under the helmet.

How was the riding up to Gold Hill? Any skiing? Last week I took the bearcat up and over Taylor pass. Packed the -20 winter bag, stove, food, and essential survival gear just in case. At one point I did the math and figured I was a good 25 miles to the nearest civilization (Ashcroft), got the nerves going, freaked out, and rolled that 750 lb. beast. Took me a good 30 minutes to get her back up-right. Thought for sure I was going to be skinning to Ashcroft that afternoon.

Been wanting to get up on Richmond Hill road to the ski area, but don't want to do it solo.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelmurphy View Post
    Sick. Wonder if we could get in there from this side, go up Cement and over Reno Ridge just like in the summer. Hmmmmm....

We were thinking the same thing. Bring Z, Rob, and the rest of the crew and we'll meet you half way. I think the easiest way up and over is Cement Creek, but I may be wrong. Not sure if Spring Creek (County road 744) is an option or not. Or possibly Pearl pass?

wow, some super sick photos in there. keep it up!

Reason # 12,573 that I need a sled...

Fucking sick, guys!
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by ^^^ View Post
    Those helmets would be tough to ski in. I'm looking for a lighter full face DOT helmet too for skiing and sledding. Really what I need is a better face mask (see frostbite) that fits under the helmet.

How was the riding up to Gold Hill? Any skiing? Last week I took the bearcat up and over Taylor pass. Packed the -20 winter bag, stove, food, and essential survival gear just in case. At one point I did the math and figured I was a good 25 miles to the nearest civilization (Ashcroft), got the nerves going, freaked out, and rolled that 750 lb. beast. Took me a good 30 minutes to get her back up-right. Thought for sure I was going to be skinning to Ashcroft that afternoon.

Been wanting to get up on Richmond Hill road to the ski area, but don't want to do it solo.

We were thinking the same thing. Bring Z, Rob, and the rest of the crew and we'll meet you half way. I think the easiest way up and over is Cement Creek, but I may be wrong. Not sure if Spring Creek (County road 744) is an option or not. Or possibly Pearl pass?
    I would guess cement. Frank will know. We rode bikes over reno ridge right up to American Flag and Italian last summer, that might be an easy sled ride. We could also just drive up to the reservoir, probably be about the same amount of time. Lets do it! Just gotta get some sled issues ironed out on our end. (me 0/2 working, GB and MBSC 0/2 working)

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelmurphy View Post
    I would guess cement. Frank will know. We rode bikes over reno ridge right up to American Flag and Italian last summer, that might be an easy sled ride. We could also just drive up to the reservoir, probably be about the same amount of time. Lets do it! Just gotta get some sled issues ironed out on our end. (me 0/2 working, GB and MBSC 0/2 working)
    Haha, the sled owners credo.....wrench, ride, repeat.

Let's make a mini summit up there work. I'm trying to get in contact with the Last Hope mining company about their huts up in Italian Ck. Would be such a sick spot to spend a few nights.

Yeah, we skied a couple of laps closer to Aspen Thursday.

The ride to Gold wasn't bad, but there aren't many people back there, so I pretty much stuck to the trail.

Late in the day my knees start hurtin from skiing, so I'll jump on the sled and go for a ride. I keep my sled at the top of the gondi and usually ski down the front, after patrol does sweep.

gunit130 Guest
    yep good looking photos.

i bet it would feel a bit eerie to be that far away from civilization in wintertime.

Yeah, we skied a couple of laps closer to Aspen Thursday.

The ride to Gold wasn't bad, but there aren't many people back there, so I pretty much stuck to the trail.

Late in the day my knees start hurtin from skiing, so I'll jump on the sled and go for a ride. I keep my sled at the top of the gondi and usually ski down the front, after patrol does sweep.

Much hassle from the NFS up there this year? I remember hearing something last year they would be cracking down on sled use behind the ski area. Little Annie/Midnight laps skiing well?

They just want you to stay out of the Powder Tours permit area, which is BS, but do able. As long as you have your sticker, your good.

I saw the NFS girl at Highlands last week and she admitted they have no money and enforcement will be very spotty.

Nice pics Dave. I would totally rally down that way for some of that, or a mini. Heading north tomorrow. Drop a pm if your heading up this way anytime this winter.

Nice dudes! Sunday sunday SUNDAY!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Kya View Post
    Nice dudes! Sunday sunday SUNDAY!

Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

great photos Dave, looks like a great spot too! I don't leave my clear creek/grand co shell very often, but that looks worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by backcountryislife View Post
    great photos Dave, looks like a great spot too! I don't leave my clear creek/grand co shell very often, but that looks worth it!
    That area is a little terrain park for sleds. Some great ski/board access too. I've been itching to get over to Irwin too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dam Skier View Post
    Nice pics Dave. I would totally rally down that way for some of that, or a mini. Heading north tomorrow. Drop a pm if your heading up this way anytime this winter.
    Will probably be heading back up your way in a couple of weekends. Kicking myself for not coming up this past weekend. Pack looks a bit sketch though, especially in the canyons. Will definitely give you a holler.

Old tubs.
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy