Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Whatever you call her.. I got "dibs".
    Click. Point. Chute.

today. the bird. main reason i am a ski bum.

glad you did it, and even better to capture it in a thread full of encouragement. ski towns need more people like you.

SnowHot might have an easier time bumming than you though... hope to see that thread next season!

page top for the dreamers

Do what you please. I have been doing the mountain life for two years now and could not have made a better choice. Getting in 100+ days a season is excellent!

looks like a 4 day weekend at the bird. think i'll try the volant machete's. so what is the proper/cool term for a ski bum during the summer?

Landscaper

or

Bum

landscaper! so true.

"Have fun, get a flyrod, and give the worm dunkers the finger when you start double hauling." ~Lumpy

Well, I'm leaving today for my second winter of living life as a ski bum. If you want to find me on the slopes, I'll be the one with the big shit-eating grin on my face. Hopefully this year I won't get lapped by DoWork again.

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Nazi View Post
    Well, I'm leaving today for my second winter of living life as a ski bum. If you want to find me on the slopes, I'll be the one with the big shit-eating grin on my face. Hopefully this year I won't get lapped by DoWork again.

Hahahahaha... Maybe we should try to make plans this year instead of leaving it to chance. Glad to hear you're doing it again!

Keep doin your thing man, I'll bring the ramens next time!

Edit: Just realized I never posted that pic of you, so I'll get on that tonight when I get home.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Nazi View Post
    If you make it to the Whistler area, let me know. You might be able to persuade me to change my lifestyle too, or at least shed some inspiration to it.

Keep up the good life!!
    The skills of evaluating evidence, posing questions and answering them, of writing, of mobilizing information in order to make an argument. I think all of that is important in a democratic society if people are actually going to be active citizens - Eric Foner

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Hahahahaha... Maybe we should try to make plans this year instead of leaving it to chance. Glad to hear you're doing it again!

Keep doin your thing man, I'll bring the ramens next time!

Edit: Just realized I never posted that pic of you, so I'll get on that tonight when I get home.
    Just let me know when you'll be in the area and I'll do what I can to meet up with you. I have the Epic Pass this year so I'll be able to hit up all of the Vail Resorts plus A-Basin.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKS View Post
    If you make it to the Whistler area, let me know. You might be able to persuade me to change my lifestyle too, or at least shed some inspiration to it.

Keep up the good life!!
    Don't think I'll be making it to Canada this season but hopefully sometime in the future!

BOOM! Get after it!

Ski safe man, and here's wishing you more beautiful days like this one!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Best decision I ever made was becoming a skibum in mammoth lakes.

obviously he owned the rights to the song

I'm too big of a dumbshit to figure out how to embed this so you'll have to click on the link. I just bought a GoPro camera and it worked out pretty well for me. Hope you enjoy.
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pq5_3iudXI"]YouTube - Big Sky Trip[/nomedia]

Quote Originally Posted by BigLeagueBrian View Post
    Landscaper

or

Bum
    Let's not forget; bicycle mechanic.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

bumming

Call it " continuing education " or "sabbatical" if you need to.

Soup Nazi, you're on the right track. I went to Tahoe in 1992 with a bag of clothes and a snowboard dreaming of a 100+ day winter and never left. I get all pissy if I don't ski every day.

SN - i loved your tr's last season - look forward to this seasons

It's not bumming,...It's, living your BLISS!
    "People ask us to take them skiing, and I'm like, 'REALLY'? I mean if you want to get in an avalanche or just die somehow, then, YEAH, come with US!" - Nathan Wallace

wildskizer - bum makes a good cover - don't wanna attract the g men

Yeah,...watch out for that radar Slagg...
    "People ask us to take them skiing, and I'm like, 'REALLY'? I mean if you want to get in an avalanche or just die somehow, then, YEAH, come with US!" - Nathan Wallace

Left my east coast job, packed my truck, and moved to Utah this week. First day as a ski bum was today at Snowbird, and it was absolutely glorious... though tomorrow will be even better knowing it's a Monday and I'm not getting yelled at Office Space style in my crappy cubicle

Glad I found this thread... it is so amazing and INSPIRING!!! I'm at a cross-roads in life myself (carreer - I'm a mech eng...)... and this is JUST what I needed to see to really get the wheels turning...

Soup Nazi - go for you man!! You have obviously chosen the right path... I need the courage to do the same... well almost the same... i'd be a snowboard bum...

for right now though in the near term... i'm using up 10 days in mid Feb of my vaca to go and do some riding... most likely CO and JH...