Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

MAGIC MOUNTAIN 09/10 STOKE THREAD!

That's right, there's just too much of it to bury in the EC thread and let's face it- more people need to know just how awesome of a place it is at a glance. I know a bunch of mags have tons and tons of great magic video, pictures and even throwback stoke so let's get this ball rolling and keep Magic alive! I would love to take care of moving some of it over here from the EC thread, but I called out of work yesterday so I could catch first chair again so I have to play catchup at work today once the truck shows up.

So post 'em up guys and gals- Let the stoke tsunami roll! FKNA!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

WOOT WOOT! Magic's pic of the day = me on Goniff! BOOYAH!

Please note the shit-eating grin... Yeah, the snow really was that good...
    Last edited by DoWork; 01-05-2010 at 03:53 PM.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Mr Worldwide - like Pitbull with a better vocabulary
    you animal. you didnt even wait for someone to second your motion you just went and did it. this is how democracies fail my friend. can diamondback murph-dog and i crash the house again this weekend?
    "Yeah, yeah. you buy Playboy for the articles just like I watch Brokeback Mountain for the scenery... wait, that doesnt work."

I like it Dowork

There will be plenty from me but we didn't take too many pics this past week.

Here's a few tame ones to start.

The Red chair

Magical trees...

Orangegondola in said trees.

DRINK THE MAGIC-DRINK

great! well see you friday night! thanks!

(see how that worked?)
    "Yeah, yeah. you buy Playboy for the articles just like I watch Brokeback Mountain for the scenery... wait, that doesnt work."

Quote Originally Posted by nihiles View Post
    you animal. you didnt even wait for someone to second your motion you just went and did it. this is how democracies fail my friend. can diamondback murph-dog and i crash the house again this weekend?
    Yup. I ain't pussyfootin' around mang, and this here ain't no democracy- it's an iron-fisted powtatership. Are you asking to crash at my place like it's a question? Pfft. Get yourself up here, mang... Also, I'm trying to actually get a bed up there to sleep on as to make more room on the pullout couches couches for DB's "hot friends". We'll see, but I really have very little need for a bed at my actual house so that might be the ticket. Just let me know when yous utes are headed up and I'm sure the rest will take care of itself. My roomies request that you bring some kind of pants and at least one shirt this time though.

Nice weekend eh? Shit that was fun. Ali and I missed Sat but got sunday and yesterday. Still finding something new every run...cool place. Feeling good about pulling the trigger on the passes. Bar scene sweet as well...I'm never the only person drinking a beer before noon!!! The local/mag apres thing is good shit. I guess we should get off our bar stools and meet a few folks sooner or later. Be there Sat......

PrisonFan checking in. think i'm going to buy a pass

And link to my magical TR from last year:
    [ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152323"]TR: Something Wicked This Way Comes - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by PrisonFan View Post
    PrisonFan checking in. think i'm going to buy a pass

Thatcher, Prisonfan & Svetlana all need passes.

I'm still laughing about how Prisonfan was "Broomsticked" over the water bar when I found him Saturday.

I'm in. I'll work on those other two.

it was one of the highlights of my wknd, straight over the handlebars. and you nearly got it on your helmet cam.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    My roomies request that you bring some kind of pants and at least one shirt this time though.

i WAS wearing a shirt. ungrateful lil bastards just fucked themselves. no more shirts! theyll be lucky if they get anything more than socks and goggles or beaconwear! -or worse!

my advice to you is to stay sleeping or keep your glances at eye level.

Quote Originally Posted by uppernotmaster View Post
    Thatcher, Prisonfan & Svetlana all need passes.

I'm still laughing about how Prisonfan was "Broomsticked" over the water bar when I found him Saturday.
    UMN, add me to that list too.. first time in 2 seasons I haven't had a pass at Magic, and first time in 16 years I haven't had a seasons pass somewhere. Building a house and having a second kid (due anyway now) will do that I guess. I will be up there a few times this season though!!

Magic rocks, Magician is looking awesome for early season! I saw a guy die there after rocketing into the woods in the early 90's. great mountain though, great steeps

my advice to you is to stay sleeping
    I tried. Apparently sleeping on the couch in the middle of an impromptu dance party/karaoke singalong was not in the cards. Hope you guys enjoyed my room

:
    i just think it if hilarious that you took your clothes off then put the beacon back on as some sort of flaming accoutrement.

I just got a PM from a Magic fundraiser-supporting mag in FRIGGIN' DENVER that wanted to know how he can get from Logan to Magic if he flies out. I told him to get himself here and the EC mags would take care of the rest! FKNA! TALK ABOUT GNAR!!!!!!

Excellent answer DoWork, he will be in good hands for sure.

Already posted this in the EC roll call thread but figured I put it here too. This was a week prior to opening day. The mountain is now wide open with everything skiing extremely well.

in no particular order

DOWORK and DIAMONDBACK nearing the top.

DOWORK

woody woodpecker -i mean DIAMONDBACK sending it

DOWORK gaping it up trying to see the pic of DIAMONDBACK

she ~stuck~ it. he had to self-arrest.

me

my freshies

DOWORK, DIAMONDBACK, non-mag tele-matt from cali. dude ripped and was full of handsome.

we missed the torch parade at a certain mountain so we rung in the new years in the cat.

we stayed there till we felt safe to come out.

THIN COVER

ORANGE GONDOLA slaying the stage

UPPERNOTMASTER and DOWORK

from left to right: THIN COVER, BEST OF SHOW (i think), ORANGE GONDOLA (way back), BEST OFs brother (again i think), LASER ANIMAL, PINHEAD.

which means below me is DOWORK, DIAMONDBACK, NICCACRATES or PEARLJAM (def a boarder) and one more unidentified body. the pic is really bad cause as it was shot into the driving snow.
    but this was the scene over the weekend at magic. like a stampeding herd maggots came charging down the mountain in a huge group. it was awesome.
    Last edited by nihiles; 01-05-2010 at 02:53 PM.

great pic of UNM and DW......reminds of a movie just can't remember which one......maybe the outsiders.....who knows ..great shots so far....looking forward to much more stoke......again it was just off the hook this weekend....looking forward to seeing all again really soon......
    always forward but never straight

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker/boarder View Post
    great pic of UNM and DW......reminds of a movie just can't remember which one......maybe the outsiders.....who knows ..great shots so far....looking forward to much more stoke......again it was just off the hook this weekend....looking forward to seeing all again really soon......
    Hells yeah! You were doing great on skis man- I had a hard time believing you're a boarder and it was great to have you up there! I actually got a legit faceshot on that goat path in the woods that we went down, good times fo sho! See you up there next weekend for the big FOUR-OH!

I love that pic of me eating shit above, the best part is I wasn't even skiing, I was trying to take a peek at the pic Nihiles was cackling about (woody woodpecker) and just snacked on some shit cookies real quick, lolz... Good thing he had his camera or nobody would know how huge of a gaper I am.

As much fun as those pics look, they still did this weekend absolutely no justice.

Sadly my mini hawk is gone. Didn't know we were going New Years eve stoke but I suppose it's all good.

Diamondback & nihiles

Orangegondola pulling a "Spicoli" to VH's Ice Cream Man. Hysterical.

"Hey, I know that song" Jumps on stage & grabs mic.

Season Pass stoke.

Snowbababunny, note rose in mouth & cowbell.

Meatman got in on the fun.

Myself

I need to add a pic of OG's as it's priceless. Looks like a tennis star from the 70's.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA first run. what an idiot!

NICCACRATES

its bruising, he knows how to wipe his ass. says walkings not too bad but sitting is the suck.