Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ms ann thrope View Post
    It's unfortunate that being loud and convinced seems to pass for compelling argument. Good luck taking that to any forum where you might have some real effect on anything real, despite how good it might make you feel here on the pages of TGR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Why do you post if you are not having a real effect on anything real? This is just a TGR bike forum right?
    why do you care?

Mostly the irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Mostly the irony.
    wow. you must have looked up irony somewhere: gold star for you. now learn to use it in a sentence.

wow. you must have looked up irony somewhere: gold star for you. now learn to use it in a sentence.
    You must just be smarter than all of us; wish I was as smart as you...maybe someday when I am not busy riding I will educate myself.

Quote Originally Posted by steadieflow View Post
    You must just be smarter than all of us; wish I was as smart as you...maybe someday when I am not busy riding I will educate myself.

and buy lottery tickets, too.

LittleYellowFriend Guest
    Haha... Wow. Someone is getting their ass reamed.

bite me, dickwad

Wow you convinced me. A round of Wilderness for everyone.

You should be proud of your compelling argument. So should your mom.

How is your mom? I haven't seen her since Saturday Night, or maybe it was Sunday morning.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    That's cute. You think the president is responsible when you have a messy bowel movement too? This a few people in congress pandering. It's been that way for a long time. At least as long as I've been paying attention, which is about a decade. It's 2001. Obama who? That's about when all this expansion talk began to appear.
    Dude, when it comes to riding a bike, I will defer to your superior skills.

Not in the realm of politics, though. not even close.

What happens under a POTUS Admin is the responsibility of that POTUS. This is what a CEO does -- directs policy. If you don't think that's true, you should rest on your MTB riding expertise, and leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    The issue for mountain bikers under the Wilderness Act isn't in the Act itself. Rather, it is a 1986 directive from the Forest Service which interprets the the Wilderness Act to ban mountain bikes. Courts have given that interpretation Chevron deference so it ostensibly has the force and effect of law.
    It hinges on the definition of "mechanized."

And is being applied irregularly. A lacing system on a shoe is mechanized. A belt holding up your pants is mechanized. XC ski bindings are mechanized. Water purifier devices, most of them are mechanized. So if you use these (and other) mechanized things while traveling on USFS land, you are engaged in mechanized travel.

The route to reverse this nonsense lays there. It requires a national-scale lawsuit against the USFS regarding this inconsistency.

And back at Woo - each POTUS directs USFS policy. If this happens under The Obamessiah, he owns the shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    You might want to review the basics of what a representative democracy means, as well as the differences between legislative and executive branches of government. I don't know that Obama is or isn't involved with this legislation, but assuming that he is based only on the fact that he is the "CEO" of the U.S. is a rather foolish mistake.
    You lecturing me on politics.

That's rich.

You should consider that YOU are wrong, because frankly... that's the truth.

When you get to knowing what the POTUS does in American government, gimme a shout. I'm expecting a shout some time around 2012, as you scramble to decide whether The Obamessiah deserves a 2d term.

Quote Originally Posted by stupendous man View Post
    The long term plan therefore goes through the Office of the Solicitor General at the Dept of Ag?
    The hoops jumped are not the thing.

The top-down preference on policy direction, that's the thing.

The hoop-jumping is the appearance of rational governmental action.

The top-down preference is the reality of government.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle crud View Post

The route to reverse this nonsense lays there. It requires a national-scale lawsuit against the USFS regarding this inconsistency.
    I agree. 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle crud View Post
    What happens under a POTUS Admin is the responsibility of that POTUS. This is what a CEO does -- directs policy.
    As soon as he signs something sure.

That hasn't happened with this. And point me to one speech or plea along these lines and I might be believe you. There's blame to be cast but it's in the legislature.

EDIT: just saw your second post. Sure there's a cabinet head chosen. But again, read rontele's very first post. Where is this move coming from? What's the source of that email and who are they criticizing?

If you don't think that's true, you should rest on your MTB riding expertise, and leave it at that.
    Just because I ride a bike with some competency doens't mean I'm a dumb jock einstien. I done got about as much college smarts as you. I've also never been dumb enough to get arrested for mouthing off to a cop.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    I've also never been dumb enough to get arrested for mouthing off to a cop.
    That would only happen under a Republican POTUS...

[QUOTE=Bunion;2688251]Wow you convinced me. A round of Wilderness for everyone.

How is your mom? I haven't seen her since Saturday Night, or maybe it was Sunday morning.[/QUOT]

you mean when she came in to change your diapers after you messed yourself again? It's good of her to volunteer at the psych ward like that: I'd just let you play in traffic.

Good luck getting the meds evened out again.

Hey rontele.

Can we start over?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Thanks for pissing in the Wheaties, Crud and Missy!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

[quote=ms ann thrope;2689032]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    Wow you convinced me. A round of Wilderness for everyone.

How is your mom? I haven't seen her since Saturday Night, or maybe it was Sunday morning.[/QUOT]

you mean when she came in to change your diapers after you messed yourself again? It's good of her to volunteer at the psych ward like that: I'd just let you play in traffic.

Good luck getting the meds evened out again.
    Can't quite figure out the quote function eh?

Don't worry, you will get it eventually.

Meanwhile your mom will continue to get it.

Every night.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Am I correct in assuming that, nation-wide, people who support Wilderness have no fucking clue what they're talking about and will never see the land they think they are protecting?

And Bunion: you're better than this, don't stoop so low.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Am I correct in assuming that, nation-wide, people who support Wilderness have no fucking clue what they're talking about and will never see the land they think they are protecting?
    Well, apparently you're not right about very much of anything. Don't worry, though, enough monkeys, enough typewriters . . .

And Bunion: you're better than this, don't stoop so low.
    It is not me that is doin the stoopin.

Ms. Your moms back must be real sore from bending over so much.

Well, apparently you're not right about very much of anything. Don't worry, though, enough monkeys, enough typewriters . . .
    you're right I mean absolutely everyone .
    I meant 'most' and forgot to type it because I'm popping pain killers and can only type with one hand. Most of the country does not feel the same way about anything as one person does.
    Now kindly fuck off, your ideas are not welcome here.
    No longer stuck.

evidently you're one of these guys--

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GugsCdLHm-Q"]YouTube- Queen - Bicycle Race[/ame]

Ride your bike on down to Wallmart and get some "values".

god, you suck.
    You do realize that when an area becomes wilderness, you are taking it away from people and virtually eliminating good fire and trail management practices, right?

Go fuck yourself.
    No longer stuck.