View Poll Results: Have you ever forgotten your boots?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

59 49.17%
  • No

61 50.83%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Have you ever forgotten your boots?

I forgot my boots today for only the second time in 16 years of riding. The first time was probably 9-10 years ago and I was fortunate to have some friends that were coming up bring them up north to me. This time my boards and boots were in two different locations in the house (normally everything is together) and I was in a rush to leave. I grabbed my boards and everything else and didn't realize I had forgotten my boots until I was 2 hours from home in the parking lot at Caberfae.

I ended up getting rental boots which were a size too small, 12 or 13 years old, and more blown out and loosey-goosey than a sorority girl's pussy. It took me back to the old days of riding in Sorels. Oh well, still rode about 2 1/2 hours before I couldn't stand my toes being cramped up any more. It was an interesting experience to say the least.

[/blog]
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

No, but back when i was boarding, was lacing them up for my first ever day at Snowbird when i realized the leather upper and plastic lower had separated on one boot, and they were toast. Got some rentals that were a size too big, and floppier than Tara Reid's tits. Told my buddy Floyd the droid, ok, just no mandatory airs.

Up the tram, off something steep, to hear "lets go dude, it's only a little jump"......
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

At the train station after taking the earliest train out of town for a "dawn patrol" down valley.

Discovered error a bit less than an hour down the highway.
    Got back to station, and they were still there, right where I left them.

Ripz was not happy with me.
    Ski, Bike, Climb.
    Resistence is futile.

jgb@etree Guest
    Oh man. It was the most sickening, gut wrenching feeling ever.

It was about 10 years ago. I stayed in some little dairy farm motel somewhere between swanton and montgomery ctr on the way to jay and brought my boots in to stay warm overnight. I got up to the lot and there was a good 6" of fresh - man was I stoked. Got the skis and poles out, reached into the back seat to grab my boots and... fuck. Still sittin next to the heater in that shithole motel. Man did that suck. I was on the snow by 10:00 but a couple of my favorite lines had already been tracked.

First lay off the pot and you won't forget your shit. Second, I have never forgot my boots but once I forgot my pants, but I said fuck it and skied in my Carharts, it was radness.

Probably 6-7 years ago. Stayed at my buddy's hours in Manchester, and left early as it was a pow day at K-mart (well, 6 inches of fresh dreckanyway).

Drove an hour, then started getting all my stuff on in the parking lot. Where's my boots. WTF - Boots. Where are my effing boots?

Right, they're still at Jimmy's with the heaters plugged in keeping them nice and warm. Two hours later I'm back in the lot boots on feet.

No, but I have had dreams where I forgot my boots.

Sure have. And at one time or another just about every other article of clothing or equipment that can be forgotten. It's been a few years since I forgot boots, though.

My personal best for forgetting stuff was about 3 or 4 years ago. It was a deep pow day and I had driven almost 3 hours in a snowstorm to meet up with GT40 at Snowbasin. We started getting ready and I realized I'd forgotten my ski pants. Oh well. There was no way I was missing all that new pow just because I was missing my pants. So I skied in my light-blue jeans.

On the first run, I snapped one of my brand-new Life-Link ski poles in half. On the second run, one of my contact lenses popped out of my eye. This all happened about 4 months after I'd had my right ACL replaced. So, I was skiing one-eyed, with one pole, on one good knee--in jeans! All I could do was laugh and make it a good time anyway. Good times.

GT-40 has some good photos of that day somewhere.
    "Don't bug me, granny. I don't dig slick chicks trying to goof me up." --Tragg

Luckily only did it once while I still lived in Summit, so it was only 10 minute error.

My Dad forgot his on a weeklong trip to his cabin in Tahoe. They were old and he was due for new ones though so he went in to Truckee and got fitted.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

I have forgotten every single piece of equipment at one time or another: skis, passes, gloves, jacket, goggles. One spring day I forgot socks.

In fact, I just skied without poles on Wednesday. And anyone who saw a guy on Garbones without poles at Squaw this week will corroborate.
    Do you by chance happen to own a large, yellowish, very flat cat?

No, but I DO have a reoccurring dream that I did.

No. Forgot my gloves when I was about 14. My grama had given me a ride to the mountain that day so I had to wear her way too small Isotoner driving gloves with hand warmers in them.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Was driving to Seattle from Portland december '08 right at the end of that storm that dropped around 2 ft of snow at my house in NE. Got just past vancouver and realized no boots. Fortunately, the snow meant that the roads were car free and basically a big playland. 4 lane highway with packed snow and a car every .5 mile driving 20 with chains? I've never had so much fun on a highway.
    "Nothing like a very, very amorous woman in a leg imobilizer who dozes off every 3 1/2 minutes."
    -Notchtop

Indeed, but I was only on my way to ski within New Jersey from New Jersey and my brother literally lived "on mountain" so his boots and a screw driver kept me from the "d'oh" moment being too horrific.

never boots, but I've got really good at forgetting my poles and goggles lately
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    I forgot my alpine boots once, but fortunately I had my AT boots in the truck.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Yes, 2 seasons ago. I turned around went home, got them and drove back up to the mountain.
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

Yup like 8 years ago at Vail. I rented boots, but they were so terrible I could barely ski.

Quote Originally Posted by unitofstuff View Post
    No, but I have had dreams where I forgot my boots.
    Yes! I've had many dreams (nightmares) which start off good, i.e. head off to mountain on pow day or something, but bad shit happens somewhere along the way.

I've heard this is a symptom of withdrawal...

I forget my boots on epic powder days at least a few times every year...in my dreams. Seriously. I have this dream more than the "I'm in high school with no pants" dream. The only other dream I have with similar regularity is the "I'm in college and forgot about some class I was taking. Too late to drop. Haven't been all sememster. And now it's exam time" dream.

I forget my ski socks once a year and have to go in street socks. Worst thing ever was forgetting my ski jacket on the last "powder" day of the season last year. Just went in my hoody and a friends insulated vest. My arms got a little wet.
    ROBOTS ARE EATING MY FACE.

I forgot mine on the third day of a 3 day freestyle camp, had to ski the last day in crappy rental boots.

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    My Dad forgot his on a weeklong trip to his cabin in Tahoe. They were old and he was due for new ones though so he went in to Truckee and got fitted.
    yeah, that's how i woulda played it too.

i never went to the mountain without my boots, but i have got my shit ready and walked up to the lifts in sneakers.
    my buddy Bud forgot his boots when we were hiking ralston. we gave him tons of shit. 10 minutes after he left tahoetrash realized his skis weren't in the car. fortunately we hit the payphone at mini mart nearby and caught Bud before he came back up the hill. trash gave him directions to the house, where the key was and where the skis were. after he hung up, i told trash he should have mentioned the rottweiler and mastiff that were waiting inside. good times.

i did forget my poles on 2 consecutive days this year. 1 in the bc.

why do you think they call it dope?

Haven't done it with my boots yet, but had a good one up at Mt. Snow several years ago... Rented a car (RWD no less) and drove all night through the storm to get there... Crash out at my favorite Motel 6 for about 2 hours of sleep, get up and wade through the snow for an hour to drive the rest of the way to the hill. About 5 minutes from the parking lot and it hits me... Googles - check. Shell - check. Boots, skis, poles - Check. No fleece. I've got my thermal shirt on, and a windbreaker and it's 0*, snowing, 30 mph wind. Traffic was picking up and the roads were a mess - if I went back I was missing the whole point of being there, so it was just a cold day. Awesome skiing though.

Was thinking of that day earlier this season as I watched some dude in a tshirt, softshell, and no gloves trying to stay warm on a snow day at loveland. Didn't look like fun.

not boots, but

Drove from Seattle to Paradise this November on the very last day of the month to make it to month 36 in a row. I had all my gear, including boots on but when I pulled the split out of the back of the truck- no bindings. I had grabbed the wrong (Kyle's) board. I pushed it back in and got in the truck and drove back to Seattle and then to Stevens since I couldn't deal with two solo drives to paradise in one day. Got some decent turns in but getting up at 4:30AM to ski at 2PM hurt a little bit.