View Poll Results: Have you ever forgotten your boots?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

59 49.17%
  • No

61 50.83%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I voted "no" which pretty much assures I will forget them at some point.

But I usually forget bike-related stuff rather than ski. One time I forgot my pedals; the next, my chain. Note to self - FINISH wrenching your bike.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Boz View Post
    First lay off the pot and you won't forget your shit. Second, I have never forgot my boots but once I forgot my pants, but I said fuck it and skied in my Carharts, it was radness.

Funny thing...I wasn't stoned when I was getting my gear together. So that wasn't the cause.

edit: I'm enjoying reading everyone else's stories about forgetting gear, and I find it really interesting that so many mags have re-occurring dreams about forgetting their boots.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

I personally haven't left the boots at the house but, I have had several people riding up with me forget them. Kinda funny listening people bitch about rentals when they forgot their gear in the first place.

LouPenya

Quote Originally Posted by jmf View Post
    Was thinking of that day earlier this season as I watched some dude in a tshirt, softshell, and no gloves trying to stay warm on a snow day at loveland. Didn't look like fun.
    One day you'll grow some tesiticles and this won't seem strange.

Base layer AND fleece at 0*? Jesus christ I would be sweating fucking buckets.

Quote Originally Posted by P_McPoser View Post
    One day you'll grow some tesiticles and this won't seem strange.

Base layer AND fleece at 0*? Jesus christ I would be sweating fucking buckets.
    Something about the guy hopping around alternately trying to keep either his ears or his waist covered indicated that he wasn't sweating buckets. I'll keep an eye out for you pulling off layers next time there a break in the white out up there toughguy..

Got halfway to Red (about a 3 hr drive) with a friend who flew in from Seattle for the weekend when it hit me. T'doh. You can forget just about anything but not your boots. Went back for them. Spring day anyway, needed time to soften up, yeah that's it, sure. Day ended up sucking anyway. Somehow got into unskiably steep, tight trees, had to basically downclimb without gear. Funny, that guy has never visited again. Heh.
    "We need sometimes to escape into open solitudes, into aimlessness, into the moral holiday of running some pure hazard, in order to sharpen the edge of life, to taste hardship, and to be compelled to work desperately for a moment at no matter what. -George Santayana, The Philosophy of Travel

...it would probably bother me more if I wasn't quite so heavily sedated. -David St. Hubbins, This Is Spinal Tap

Once, last season. Ripped back home, and was in the gondi line 20min later.

The worst "forgotten" moment i've ever had was back at Sun Peaks. A friend rolled into the store on a quiet day that I wasn't scheduled to ski on. Boss told me to take a hour and ski so I started grabbing grear together. Pulled a pair of demo skis out of the rack and quickly adjusted the bindings to fit. 25min later we at the top of Skunk and I looked down a realized that I hadn't adjusted my din at the shop. Sweet. Tyrolia rentals set at 6.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Yeah, last year while going "figln" on the Nordkette. Only noticed after i'd gone all the way up with the gondola... Left the boots outside the gondola station, roundtrip took over an hour, as the lift takes ages. For all who don't know what figln is, an example:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8jCOCGknfQ"]YouTube- Figln – without doubt the weirdest snow sport[/ame]

You need lots of late spring corn and steep steep couloirs, and its as much fun as you can have once skiing season is over!

forgot the my rope once when we went out for a day of climbing... does that count

forgot my boots in the parking lot once, that sucked

my buddy actaully just pulled this a couple days ago, noticing he forgot them ~10 mins from the hill. I laughed, kept going and then let him take my car back to town. his fuck up cost him two hours
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Never forgot my boots but did forget my jacket once many years ago.
    I did forget my bike shoes last summer, drove all the way to Tahoe City, got the bike off the car and had nowhere to go.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by bossass View Post
    I forget my boots on epic powder days at least a few times every year...in my dreams. ...The only other dream I have with similar regularity is the "I'm in college and forgot about some class I was taking. Too late to drop. Haven't been all sememster. And now it's exam time" dream. .
    Haha...I had that college dream countless times. I tend to have dreams about leaving boots before every trip. I've even dreamed that they were confiscated by TSA.
    "Oh, no pics. To simulate the skiing today, walk out your door, grab a handful of snow, and throw it in your face. Repeat as necessary.
    If you don't have snow outside your door, what the fuck are you living there for?"
    -Bum Z 1/30/08

I've forgotten poles, and my wallet on a few occassions but never my boots.

Funny thing is yesterday the guy I gave a ride got to the parking lot and started to put on his boots. After putting one on began frantically looking for the other, with no success. One boot on and the other was down at the mouth of the canyon in his vehicle. One hour round trip and he was good to go. This story, however, will be told over, and over and over.....

yeah, but as i was walkin the mile to trax i realized my error. how bout your season pass?

I forgot my boots at a freestyle competition in Holiday Valley, NY back in the early 90's. I wore my mother's boots that were too small. My toenail fell off and I went through a cycle of trying to grow a new one for a very long time.

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaag Master View Post
    how bout your season pass?
    Done that too many times, but it's usually no big deal. Go inside and they'll look you up & give you a day pass.

never forgot my boots, but once had a buddy take mine/leave his in my car and travel 3 hrs south effectively ending my 3day ski weekend after day 1.

as luck would have it though, i got really sick that evening, and didn't return to snow for 8 days...

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    No, but I DO have a reoccurring dream that I did.
    Uh huh. I've even gotten off the chairlift in a dream, only to realize i forgot my boots. Nightmare.

A couple of years ago, me and TeleAl rallied for an early season dawn patrol down to Zermatt. I pick him up along the way at the train station at 6am. About 7am, Al wonders aloud: did I put my boots in your trunk? An hour later, back at the train station, there they sat in the dark where he left them. The ride back was an odd bit of deja vu. No matter, there was hardly anyone there and we had a great day of early season powder anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by TeleAl View Post
    At the train station after taking the earliest train out of town for a "dawn patrol" down valley.

Discovered error a bit less than an hour down the highway.
    Got back to station, and they were still there, right where I left them.

Ripz was not happy with me.
    Yes, I was kissing them for missing them.
    Ski, Bike, Climb.
    Resistence is futile.

^^^ Classic.

About a month ago I woke up at 5am for a dawn patrol at Berthoud. I drove up 70 to Fall River road where I met my buddy. As he's throwing his stuff in the back of my Jeep he says, "where are your boots?" Me: "What!?.... You're kidding me..... Mother F#@!%^$*@@(#(#($($#$(@@$_!@#($#%)@$!@)#!@$@)$)$!)# )@$_)%$^)_%_+_$"

On the plus side I got some nice sunrise shots from Lookout Mtn on the way back down to Denver.

When I first saw this thread I just thought "What kind of asshat forgets his boots?"

Two weekends ago I left not one but four pairs of boots at home - 3.5 hrs away.

So, I guess the me kind of asshat. Karma, bitches, karma.

just 2 weeks ago loading up early to head from fernie to nelson for a week long hut trip with solesides. had all my gear for a week trip including food and clothes, we get on the road and about 20 min later past elko it hits me! my boots sitting on the boot dryer still at home... we turn around blaze back and still beat everybody to nakusp for a nice soak at the hot spring.

I drive in my boots, can't forget 'em Karma is bound to catch up to me now... if you see me upside down in the ditch, please laugh at my misfortune. Have had friends forget them the odd time, usually works out with free beers or something.
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

I did forget my custom foot beds once. I couldn't figure out why the boots were so sloppy.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot