dps factory edge bevels?

can somebody please steer me to the intended factory edge bevels for the wailer95 and lotus 138? yes i searched for a bit and didn't find what i was looking for. the info from dps that came with my boards isn't clear if they come with the 1:2 (base:side) bevel or just recommend setting the bevel at those angles. my current goal is to maintain the factory bevels of my l138 and w95, i.e. polishing edges, if they are indeed consistently beveled. up until now, i've been polishing at a conservative angle (0.5:1) to knock off burrs and hopefully not dull the edges. i haven't had issues but haven't had the need to polish too often. i figure i might as well send out an inquiry and try to get it right and have a place to start assessing if i want to set new bevel angles. in searching, i saw where folks were setting new bevels, but no discussion about the factory bevel (if they come beveled).

many thanks.

cheers

they are spec'd 1/2, but i tune all of mine to 1/1 with excellent resutls
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Yeah, have someone capable check the bevels; don't assume they come as factory speced. Mine needed some work.

Marshal, you mean 1/1 as in 90/90? Just checkin'.
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

90 = 0
    89 = 1
    etc

edit: I'm new here, but I suppose this is where some sort of 'JONG' comment comes?

thanks for the responses. harpo, good point. i remember your comments from a while back on this forum or another stating that your w105's arrived railed.

khyber.pass, i believe senior olson has his edges at 90*.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by khyber.pass View Post
    Marshal, you mean 1/1 as in 90/90? Just checkin'.
    1° base (relative to flat base)/1° side (relative to 90° or 89° relative to flat base)=90° corner

To add confusion, the 1° side edge angle requires a 91° (tool angle) side edge tool using SVST/US standard or 89° (resultant edge angle) Euro/SkiMan standard. (1°/89° (SVST 91°)

Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    khyber.pass, i believe senior olson has his edges at 90*.
    no i have them at a 1deg base bevel from 90 and a 1 deg side edge bevel from 90. which is what 1/1 means.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    no i have them at a 1deg base bevel from 90 and a 1 deg side edge bevel from 90. which is what 1/1 means.
    to clarify, this, \/\/\/, is what i was trying to say, i.e. 90* corner. The 90* corner is skewed by 1 degree from theoretical/hopeful flat base.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    1° base (relative to flat base)/1° side (relative to 90° or 89° relative to flat base)=90° corner
    cheers and thanks again for the initial input.