Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Well........

You heard him.
    Bastardo.

Being on the side of the road next to his open window helped. Beyond that it was the funnay.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    The best part is today's Kirkwood video of the day.

Coop tells it like it is at 30-seconds in.

http://kirkwood.mobilerider.com/flas...video_id=25143
    Thats ironic.... dont they film those in the morning?
    LET IT SNOW

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Looks like they were generating the next storm.

SuperCohee to the rescue! People just love Jolly Ranchers.
    I guess something good did come about eh?
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

cross referencing bs' photo from the tahoe 09/10 thread

it was pretty damn disappointing actually, i had only gotten one run in the palisades when KW shut down, after getting booted out of the backside. I don't think a jolly rancher would have helped, what happened to the drink vouchers that they were giving out last time?!

Portable generators are on the way up the mountain, and snow is being cleared to place the units and connect them to the grid. The fire originated in the particulate catalyst trap required for pollution control. The building is a loss and we are working to get things back online. Tough conditions as this took out all electric power including the cell towers.

bummer for folks living up there or wanting to play up there.

here's some kirkwood powerline project websites:
    http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/eldorado/projects/kirkwood/
    http://www.kmpud.com/powerline.html

special interest group:
    http://www.snowlands.org/pages/newsl...summer2009.pdf

They're bringing the new generator in now...

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    bummer for folks living up there or wanting to play up there.

here's some kirkwood powerline project websites:
    http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/eldorado/projects/kirkwood/
    http://www.kmpud.com/powerline.html

special interest group:
    http://www.snowlands.org/pages/newsl...summer2009.pdf
    That was an interesting read. My wife and I are leasing there this year, and I want to buy there this summer. After spending an hour sitting just below Jane's watching the flames - talking to a few patrolers about the shitshow - my plans to buy are, uh, on hold for now.

The mountain is so good, just issue some bonds and get on the fucking grid already.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gisforgaper View Post
    The mountain is so good, just issue some bonds and get on the fucking grid already.
    bwah.

up there with this note from the front page
    Driving note: Mormon Immigrant Trail is not open during winter months.

bwaaaahhhhaaaaa!! this is just too fucking classic. power plant is totalled and unlless they bring in sum big rig generators, there will be no lifts running at kwood in the immediate future. if i was a passholder there i prolly wouldnt be laughing cause i'd imagine kwoods future thuis year is not looking promising. they'll prolly try to saty open through this holiday weekend and then shut er down.

today we found still fun snow if you're on waterskiis or snowboards above about 7,250' and total fucking elmers below that. gonna take it up higher manana.

this is pretty fucking funny

Like him or not, i would venture to say there are very few people on this rare earth that care more about the wood than Tim Cohee.
    i'll be there tomorrow at 9 with bells on*. trash, that means you need to be here at 8:15.

*i have bells on my skins

edit-here is some raw video. go to full screen for sure. if they don't edit it, the conversations are funny sort of
    http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/80483382.html

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    bwaaaahhhhaaaaa!! this is just too fucking classic. power plant is totalled and unlless they bring in sum big rig generators, there will be no lifts running at kwood in the immediate future. if i was a passholder there i prolly wouldnt be laughing cause i'd imagine kwoods future thuis year is not looking promising. they'll prolly try to saty open through this holiday weekend and then shut er down.
    i imagine they will have one set up adjacent to chair six like they did after the last fire. and another up near the ruins. they didn't seem to have problems then.
    what is the downside of just running the lifts on their backup diesels?
    in the long run, this could be a good thing.

Thumbs down

Just woke up to check the report and was utterly amazed that they were able to fix everything and will be up and running at 9am Saturday!

Just kidding. They're still hosed.

Plan B?

"Each of you men owe me one hundred Kirkwood scalps. AND I WANT MY SCALPS!"

I find it completely lame that on their snophone, Cohee is just saying that they are having 'power issues'. No mention of a fire at all. Hell, the damn fire was all over the local news in Sacramento last night with live broadcasts.

Can I still get one of those cheap Squaw passes?

Looks like it will be the 'purple pass' for me today I guess.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Coop: "Kirkwood is on fire!"

A generator fire on a holiday weekend at Kirkwood? Never heard of that.

You'd think with as much money as has gone through there and the number of times they've had "power issues" that that shouldn't happen.

Maybe they should demo some of the condos to help cut back the power useage?

AKA is offline These meaasge boards suck
    Quote Originally Posted by gisforgaper View Post
    That was an interesting read. My wife and I are leasing there this year, and I want to buy there this summer. After spending an hour sitting just below Jane's watching the flames - talking to a few patrolers about the shitshow - my plans to buy are, uh, on hold for now.

no offense but thats why this is good news for local skiers.

I may head to Alpine Ghettos....I've got only today left to ski.

Happy New rear K-wouldn't. Sorry to hear about your "power issue" - Now get on the stick and fix it- totaly uneceptable......

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    i imagine they will have one set up adjacent to chair six like they did after the last fire. and another up near the ruins. they didn't seem to have problems then.
    what is the downside of just running the lifts on their backup diesels?
    in the long run, this could be a good thing.
    They didn't have problems last time if you think that running 6 at slow speed, intermittently running 10, and not opening the backside for god knows how long doesn't constitute a problem.

Running the backup deisels on the lifts is a risky proposition because what if those go down? Frankly, I don't trust their maintenance record enough for that. For instance, 10 has been breaking down a lot the past couple of years. Who knows?
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

UPDATED AS OF 5:30 AM, SATURDAY JANUARY 2...

IMPORTANT: As of early this morning, Mountain Utilities, the service provider for the valley, has not yet been able to restore power to the resort, and therefore we will not be opening the mountain as scheduled. They are continuing to attempt to restore power as quickly as possible, but we do not have a projected time as of now, early Saturday. Our expectations are that we will again have power sometime today, but until that is a certainty, please do not come out to Kirkwood.

buncha inept fuckstix running that show up there. what comes round goes around kid.

looks like i'll have quite a bit mor competition hiking round the pass today

From the Kirkwood Power Plant last summer.
    We Make Memory When We Do Bussiness

Just hoping they can get their shit together for next weekend now.

And really, if the power plant was properly sized and designed, this wouldn't happen. Time to do this properly maybe?
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Wow, did you see the new video? Tim is looking a little tired...

The Cat-in-a-box genys were up there yesterday... am I missing something? If they had 3x the generating capacity sitting in 3 55' trailers in a lot next door to the powerhouse, why run the building until it burns?
    Last edited by gisforgaper; 01-02-2010 at 03:04 PM.

"Kirkwood is on fire".....I wonder if the boss thought that was as funny as I did.