Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 35 of 35
  1. #26
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    33,434
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorboy View Post
    Makes me want to take a dump.
    I see you've been there...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    I'll take "Names they should have given Viagra" for $1000 please, Alex.
    lmao.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    I the Ho
    Posts
    232
    Look at buying the annuity inside of the IRA. IRA as owner and beneficiary. Your beneficiaries on the IRA are then the trump card. Then take the income out as guaranteed monthly income to meet the test. Do they ski in Panama?

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    10,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    I'll take "Names they should have given Viagra" for $1000 please, Alex.
    How is it that you know this If you say that it's something you just heard I'll be inclined to not believe you

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    In Full Compliance
    Posts
    1,590

    Exclamation WARNING: CUT & PASTE BLO-FOG

    Thank you for all the advice & response. Question at end of page...

    Quote Originally Posted by squatch View Post
    ...I would advise to sit down with an advisor familiar with these rules...(especially if you're coming to TGR for advice)...
    If your resident visa only requires you to prove income from a tax return, you should be fine; standard IRA withdrawals are considered taxable income. For all intents and purposes, an IRA account can serve as an annuity... Withdrawing the entire balance to purchase an annuity would be out of the question...
    I just went through the process of getting a Pensionado Visa in Panama for a parent, so I'll use the same lawyer for my application, and get more info on meeting the financial standard. There are financial advisors & lawyers in the family, so I'm getting a lot of good guidance. Bringing it here to TGR was more about the lifestyle.


    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    $600k at your age will safely yield about $25k a year for life...
    Where the economy and markets are now products like annuities and even life insurance can make sense for you. One of the best investments of the last ten years was the guaranteed annuity with a capital appreciation kicker...
    Looking into this later, after I translate it into English. I've been on a steady diet of $12K, so this will be a sweet bump.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    What is the IRA currently invested in? Look into low cost indexing diversified with bonds, etc.
    The shares were all C-Class, mainly in these mutual funds: PTTCX - 10,500; FNICX - 4500; TIBCX - 4500; JABCX - 3000; GFACX - 3000; AICCX - 2500; WSHCX - 2500. It's now 100% CASH for temporary.


    Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Ask around about a fee based financial advisor...one who doesn't live off of commissions for selling you stuff...
    I've inherited the advisor of the beneficial IRA (for the short-term, at least), and I'll suss out his fee schedule.


    Quote Originally Posted by mel221 View Post
    Educate yourself...
    Don't sweat the details...
    Enjoy life!
    Thanks for all the links. And your advice is a zen haiku for all mags.


    Quote Originally Posted by GlimmerIII View Post
    Look at buying the annuity inside of the IRA...
    Do they ski in Panama?
    The annuity is likely the way to go. I'll know more after meeting the immigration attorney.
    Good surf in Panama. No skiing, but I'll fly out of there on my first trip to SA next August!

    1. Chile, or Argentina?

    TGR Thread: [ame="https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190794"]South America 2010[/ame]
    Last edited by boltonoutlaw; 05-30-2010 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Add URL for South America 2010

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    In Full Compliance
    Posts
    1,590
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Your getting smartass remarks because the question you ask has no easy answer. $600k at your age will safely yield about $25k a year for life.

    Where the economy and markets are now products like annuities and even life insurance can make sense for you. One of the best investments of the last ten years was the guaranteed annuity with a capital appreciation kicker.
    A few years ago these were competitively cheap but the fees and loading have risen. (pension and annuity guarantees are the main reason the govt bailed out AIG which sucks for investors willing to take risk.)

    Contact Fidelity Investments or T-Rowe Price for assistance. They both specialize in your situation. Caveat Emptor.
    Thanks for that advice. I went with an LFG annuity for some of that windfall and am now well beyond the surrender/maturity/penalty dates. I am not super stoked on the guaranteed annual payout so I probably won't go that route. I am thinking of liquidating the annuity by sliding it all back into the beneficial IRA. The management fees of the annuity have risen over the last decade and I reason that I could turn those fees into dividend payments by investing the annuity funds in a dividend fund within the IRA. Or, I could keep it in cash for the time being.

    I still have no debt, and no children. Properties in VT have all been sold. I kept the house in Panama, and I am moving to Japan permanently (Aomori Prefecture).

    My question is about the timing of my purchase of a dividend fund, and also I am seeking dividend fund suggestions. At this moment the portion of my portfolio deliberately invested for dividend returns is entirely devoted to DNI, which I bought into at $9. It's yield has risen and fallen over the years so I am looking for an alternative suggestion.

    Already invested in plastics, ammo, canned goods, hookers, and blow so show me something else, please
    PS: Special thanks to pappag, mel221

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    5,222
    Quote Originally Posted by boltonoutlaw View Post
    Thanks for that advice. I went with an LFG annuity for some of that windfall and am now well beyond the surrender/maturity/penalty dates. I am not super stoked on the guaranteed annual payout so I probably won't go that route. I am thinking of liquidating the annuity by sliding it all back into the beneficial IRA. The management fees of the annuity have risen over the last decade and I reason that I could turn those fees into dividend payments by investing the annuity funds in a dividend fund within the IRA. Or, I could keep it in cash for the time being.

    I still have no debt, and no children. Properties in VT have all been sold. I kept the house in Panama, and I am moving to Japan permanently (Aomori Prefecture).

    My question is about the timing of my purchase of a dividend fund, and also I am seeking dividend fund suggestions. At this moment the portion of my portfolio deliberately invested for dividend returns is entirely devoted to DNI, which I bought into at $9. It's yield has risen and fallen over the years so I am looking for an alternative suggestion.

    Already invested in plastics, ammo, canned goods, hookers, and blow so show me something else, please
    PS: Special thanks to pappag, mel221
    How much do you have in powder skirts and bacon?

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    In Full Compliance
    Posts
    1,590
    Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    How much do you have in powder skirts and bacon?
    Allocation increases each year as I get closer to dirt nap

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not in the PRB
    Posts
    29,490
    A 12 year bump! I feel the warm glow of closure.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    33,411
    Madonna vagina NFTs FTW.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    19,212

    $600,000 Question

    A multi asset income fund would fit your needs with rates where they are. They combine income with dividends. One of many:

    Yielding 4.60 and going up. BlackRock Multi-Asset Income Portfolio Institutional Shares
    MUTF: BIICX

    https://www.blackrock.com/us/individ...individual.pdf

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •