Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shin bang X 10

Shin bang X 10

So, yeah. I got pretty bad shin bang from my boots. I got the boots fixed but I have bumps on the front of my shin from the damage, size of a pea. Has anyone ever had this before? I have never had actual bumps on my shins from shin bang before. I didn't ski for a week and even saw a doc, who acted like they would eventually go away if I just fixed my boots. They haven't at all. Any insight? I am starting to freak out a little. Also, massage and ice don't seem to do anything.
    Wrecker of dreams.

Locate "Eliminator" pads and cut hole for site of leg pain.

Locate Biofreeze ointment.

Locate DMSO.

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    private message squatch, i know he has some extreme experience with shin bang.

Oh, yeah. My shins don't hurt anymore, I only have the bumps.
    Wrecker of dreams.

Sounds like any number of bone spurs, but never saw one on the shin in my short stint as a fitter. Custom liners should do you well, but eliminators with the hole cut out should also work fine if you cant afford an intuition/zipfit, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    private message squatch, i know he has some extreme experience with shin bang.
    you mean max? maybe both i suppose...
    ‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness

4 seasons ago I landed super forward to the point that I snapped the stiff tongue on my brand new Dalbello Kryptons. It ended up swelling up my shin to the point that I had a bump literally the size of a half golf ball right across the shin. I ignored it and just strapped my boots down as tight as they could go. The pain sucked, but once strapped in it was doable. The bump lasted all season. Finally after skiing another 100 days I ended my season and went to the doctor. I ended up finding out it was a pretty decent fracture that healed itself. After only about 2 weeks out of ski boots the bump went away. So I guess I would say they will probably go away with rest, but if you don't want to stop skiing and it just looks bad but doesn't hurt just deal until the spring. Long post just to say not being in ski boots will probably help the most.
    "Figure if I study high, take the test high, I'll get high scores..." -Redman

It's probably a tumor..

My daughter has a bad case of shin bang this year after bruising her shins early in the season. Some of the remediies wont provide immediate relief until you given enough time for the bruising to heal. Which in some cases can mean 1-2 weeks rest time.

A bootfitter added some tongue pads to her liner. It will probably help, but it's still too early to tell until the shin heal up.

I fouled a ball off my shin my senior year of college baseball and it took 2 years to finally go away. When you damage bone, a lot of times new bone cells are built at the site as a part of the healing process. I'm guessing it will probably take a long time to go away but I'm sure they will go away eventually.
    Just ski down there and jump of a somethin' fer cryin' out loud!

-Pain McShlonkey

...ummmm, learn to ski properly?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

gunit130 Guest
    shin bang = wrong size boots

i learned this in my younger years and got stress fractures in both shins. went down a size and have been legit ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by gunit130 View Post
    shin bang = wrong size boots

i learned this in my younger years and got stress fractures in both shins. went down a size and have been legit ever since.
    Not always, but a start none-the-less. After all, he did say he got the boots fixed.

Sandy, sorry to hear about the shins. It may be worth an x-ray just for the stress fracture possibility. If you've got a couple you'll want to sit out another couple weeks. They heal quick if you just let 'em be.

My shins have permanent bumps all over them. I have had this for like 15 years its not a problem.

The bumps aren't visible but if you press on my shin you can feel them, It's weird.

gimp central? tech talk? where are you wong fowum jong?
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

Quote Originally Posted by gpetrics View Post
    gimp central? tech talk? where are you wong fowum jong?

Rilly .... and it's definitely not X10 ........ only X2, 3 at the most.

my shins hurt. I figured out I could loosen my boots up to just before I got heel movement and it felt much better. I think a liner replacement would fix me long term.

I've had bumpy shins, bald shins and bloody shins. All due to ill fitting boots. Typically the bumps, baldness and blisters went away during the dry season. Now I ski in dalbello kryptons with intuition ID Gold liners. My shins are still bald, but no bumps or blisters. Could be you're getting some excessive heel lift or your liners/tounges are pinching your shins.
    Sounds like it's time to pay the bootfitter a visit and don't be completely opposed to checking out some new boots or at least liners if your old ones turn out to be a lost cause. Pulling ski socks off crusty, blistered shin bumps is no picnic and tends to turn off all but seriously hard core babes!
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    Pulling ski socks off crusty, blistered shin bumps is no picnic and tends to turn off all but seriously hard core babes!
    She (Sandytheskier) is a babe.
    Just ski down there and jump of a somethin' fer cryin' out loud!

-Pain McShlonkey

growing up a skater, we use to rail slide on this curb that was endless and downhill. I cant count how many times i dented the hell out of my shit falling off it. And i mean, DENTED my shin. I've got bumps all over. That was back when i was like 14-15. Im 36 now, no shin issues, just bumpy

My g/f is having the same problem right now, she was reccomended the eliminator which has helped. Luckily our passes are blacked out so she can stay out of her boots and will be ready to go in a few days?

Try some Booster straps