Hello Gimp Room - Ankle Surgery

A Thanksgiving morning longboarding incident has resulted in the final result of me missing the entire '09-'10 ski season!

Initial x-rays of my ankle revealed no fractures. However, after the swelling and pain subsided in about 3 weeks the stress x-rays and mris's revealed syndesmosis, which is a tear and seperation of the ligaments holding the tibia and fibula together at the ankle joint. As well as a little side bonus of a high frature of the fibula. I went from going into the doctors office thinking that all would be good with a little time and PT to the operating room the next moring.
    A couple of pictures for the gory detail types like myself;

Pre surgery bruising and swelling

[IMG][/IMG]

Post surgery 8 days, getting the wrap off and into a cast,

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

A few pictures of the inside and outside incisions, recquired to drill through the tibia and fibula in 3 spots to put in elastic sutures and screws to hold everything in place to let the ligaments (hopefully) scar over.

Followed by a sweet orange cast

[IMG][/IMG]

So I am stuck in a non weight bearing cast for 6 weeks, followed by 4 weeks of vigorous physical therapy before I can do anythng "athletic". Hoping for a couple ski days in mid April...
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

You kicked a curb? Slipped on ice? World Cup soccer?

Hey Pat, whats up brotha? Im going to go with World Cup Soccer! Actually a little longboarding mishap (yea I know I am 43 years old). You going to be in the SLC this winter sometime? We will have to rally for some drinks!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

lmao off.....utard mini, dood.