'10 vs. '09 Yeti 575 Enduro

Information request from a bike jong.....

Got the go ahead to get a new bike. Looking at the 2010 Yeti 575 Enduro. Can pick up the 2009 for just a little more. Retail price was quite a bit higher for '09. Sounds like a lighter setup, but I don't know much beyond that.

Worth it to pay more for the '09?

Thanks

(I'm coming from a '05 Cake 3 so either package is a major upgrade.)

i'm just here to say that I have an 08 575 and it kicks ass. i also had an 05 cake 3 and it sucked major balls.

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    how is the older year more money, that doesn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    how is the older year more money, that doesn't make any sense.
    That is what I'm trying to figure out. From what I can see the '09 typically comes with a Fox Vanilla (140mm) front fork and some SRAM components while the '10 has a Fox Float RLC Fit (150mm) and mostly Shimano parts. Cransket, handlebars, seatpost are different.

I'll just have to talk to the guy at the shop. I'm sure he can convince me to pay more for less .

A few manufacturers actually lowered costs for 2010 to the consumer. Sometimes there will be subtle changes, like bottom bracket, or cables/housing. I know for certain that Specialized dropped their prices for nicer models making 2010 more affordable than the 2009s.

09' prices were out of control, maybe this is a positive sign. I am still *thinking* about a ASR 7"...
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

Most stuff is running 6-10% down from '09. Parts - sorta, complete bikes are for sure. There have been a few hits to spec but at the higher end not so much.

I was told that Yeti dealers were looking for a lower priced "entry level" bike package. Essentially the '09 should be comparable to the '10 race and the components on the '10 Enduro have been downgraded to offer a more affordable option.

get whichever one costs less. you're not going to notice any difference between the model years.

i have a vanilla and i'd rather have the float, if that makes any difference at all.

the main difference between the two is the '09 has SLX brakes and shifters while the '10 has Shimano M575 brakes and SRAM Attack shifters.

I use SRAM X shifters, but the Attack shifters are 2:1 versus 1:1 so they're not going to get shifting quite as precise as the X series or SLX possibly might. The M575 brakes are supposed to be Deore level and opinions on them are all over the place, so maybe read up on that. Other than that, SLX and the M575 are both opposing 2-piston so they'll probably be somewhat similar stopping power wise.

If your not going to be riding too hard either should be fine.

EDIT: Actually,, I think all Shimano shifters are 2:1, so it probably won't make any difference besides the feel of the levers.

frankly the 2010 enduro is a better part kit, if you don't care about truvativ alloy bar/stem/post - which is really where the $$$ savings is.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com