Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Helmet, what you wear and why?

Sort of looking out for a new helmet and wouldn't mind hearing why you like your lid. Big money stuff isn't really in my budget but if there's compelling reasons to go a certain way I'd probably work it out.

helmets are cheaper than hospital bills

Quote Originally Posted by 7cs View Post
    Sort of looking out for a new helmet and wouldn't mind hearing why you like your lid. Big money stuff isn't really in my budget but if there's compelling reasons to go a certain way I'd probably work it out.
    Giro Mx 10 black w/ visor and tunes-up kit.

Fit, function, style, audio quality

Good point, I do prefer audio.

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    audio, is that so you can't hear anyone else around you, the sounds of nature, the people yelling "AVALANCHE", the trollers yelling slow down, etc?

I prefer the aluminum foil helmet myself, keeps all them intertubz and webz out of my brain
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

The two helmets I've owned with audio were both good because you could hear your surroundings just fine if you kept the music to a decent level. I don't want to roll down the mountain in oblivion.

because it fits

G10 MX because it's the most comfortable, works well with goggles, good protection, and looks decent
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by dk_alaskan View Post
    audio, is that so you can't hear anyone else around you, the sounds of nature, the people yelling "AVALANCHE", the trollers yelling slow down, etc?
    Exactly why I have an ipod.
    .....Visit my website. .....

"a yin without a yang"

I wear the Smith Varient Brim becasue it makes it look like I know what I'm doing.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Quote Originally Posted by _Aaron_ View Post
    I wear the Smith Varient Brim becasue it makes it look like I know what I'm doing.
    I think I am going to sell my brimmed helmet now that every retart on the hill, including brett, has a brimmed helmet.

"a yin without a yang"

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Cop View Post
    I think I am going to sell my brimmed helmet now that every retart on the hill, including brett, has a brimmed helmet.
    solution to your wicked ratahd problem=wear the brim backwards. you will be WICKED kewl
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

Quote Originally Posted by dk_alaskan View Post
    solution to your wicked ratahd problem=wear the brim backwards. you will be WICKED kewl
    but then I will have to cut eye holes in the back, and I will look like that dude from Fat Albert.

I think I'll just go back to wearing a beanie without hippy ear flaps. No one does that anymore.

"a yin without a yang"

Ear flaps are out, dude, so if you go to trying to avoid the crowd you should get a toque with flaps or tassels. The traditional touque with a pom pom is the new black so you really don't want to get one of those.
    Days on snow this season: 54 Last Season: 83

www.poachninja.com

What: Smith Venue

Why: it fits very well, decent quality, freebee

Quote Originally Posted by spankthepow View Post
    helmets are cheaper than hospital bills
    Not in Canada.

I like my giro fuse because it fits my head better than smiths, and it doesn't have a brim/visor. Sure, they look "core", but they don't do shit and just get in the way when you want to put your goggles up.

What you need is [ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178591"]This. [/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    but they don't do shit
    Apparently you don't ski in the trees much...

G10MX visor has kept my goggle lenses looking way nicer than they would have without it.

It's also nice to have protection when some dumbass slams the safety bar down without warning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

I've got the Bern Baker, its cheap and looks alright (I think) does the job at keeping me warm, can take multiple hits too, which is handy for me knocking my head off these eastern trees and bouncing off the bulletproof ice here

Type : Salomon Kind: Free I only wear it in the park and it is beat to S#$t, so it must be awesome

195 Lab Swallowtail
    186 Moment Donner Party
    182 Moment Reno Freebird
    180 Moment Tahoe

I'm gonna live forever if the good die young

Life is a suicide mission

Smith Maze with Audio.

Because it was blue and yellow.

Smith Variant (no brim)... because it fits well.
    "Go Balls Deep!"

Smith Variant (no brim), because I have a big noggin, and all other XL helmets look like I carved out a bowling ball and stuck it on my head.

I cry myself to sleep at night on my HUGE pillow!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Cop View Post
    but then I will have to cut eye holes in the back, and I will look like that dude from Fat Albert.

I think I'll just go back to wearing a beanie without hippy ear flaps. No one does that anymore.
    Psh. I've been rocking that with my jeans for years.