Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Giro Omen, because I like having that bitchin' lightning bolt thing running down the side of my head.

(or perhaps because it was cheap on SAC and I like having switchable vents)
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Cop View Post
    but then I will have to cut eye holes in the back, and I will look like that dude from Fat Albert.
    I thought you were that dude from Fat Albert.
    "We need sometimes to escape into open solitudes, into aimlessness, into the moral holiday of running some pure hazard, in order to sharpen the edge of life, to taste hardship, and to be compelled to work desperately for a moment at no matter what. -George Santayana, The Philosophy of Travel

...it would probably bother me more if I wasn't quite so heavily sedated. -David St. Hubbins, This Is Spinal Tap

Dumb Donald...

fitting
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Giro 9.9MX (visor) with tune ups because Giro helmets (ski and bike) always seem to fit my head right, I like music when I ski and at the time I bought it, only gapers had visors, so it's the perfect lid for me.

Anyone that says you can't hear your surroundings while listening to music is:

A)A belligerent ass
    B)Has only ever worn ear buds and/or noise cancelling headphones
    C)Miss safety soccer mom
    D)All of the above

The audio kits in helmets do really allow a lot of ambient sound to enter as long as you don't crank your tunes to 11.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

I stole one of these from the retard that I rode the short bus with when i was a kid. Works good.

Simpson Bandit with black chrome visor.
    "Nothing is funnier than Hitler." - Smokey McPole

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    Simpson Bandit with black chrome visor.
    Roo = The Stig

I knew it

T.H.E. One fullface helmet. Spent around 8k on new teeth in the past year. had enough.
    ...because warm beer is infinitely colder than no beer.

I've had the Giro fuse for a few years. If I were buying one now I think I would get one with a visor.

It is comfy, light and has lots of vents.

No audio.

Smith Variant Brim.

Fits good, looks alright, is warm, comfortable, and doesnt get wet like a beanie when its snowing hard. Oh, and I can listen to music if I am doing laps alone.

Heads are kind of like feet... they're not all shaped the same. Go to a shop with a good selection and try some stuff on to see what fits you the best. After that you can look into extras like audio, etc. Personally I like a visor because I can lower my head and smash through low hanging branches without doing so much damage to my goggles and and my face!

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus087 View Post
    T.H.E. One fullface helmet. Spent around 8k on new teeth in the past year. had enough.
    At X-mas time I used to sell alot of fullface helmets to parents at the bike store telling them it was cheap insurance for the 6 or 8 K they spent on juniors orthodontics ...they always went for it

since we are finally starting to talk specifics in this thread ,I got a boeri XXL for my big head and they also come in XXXL

btw for a better fit you can alter the foam shell a bit with with a rotary file chucked in your drill ,even tho mine was XXL I had to shave a little foam

its probably not a recommended thing if you asked boeri

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Cop View Post
    I think I'll just go back to wearing a beanie without hippy ear flaps. No one does that anymore.
    Uh, I do. That should make you think twice.

BTW, a foot of fresh on the local upper mountain yesterday afternoon.

And to speak to the thread, if I wear a helmet, it's some kind of Giro because that's what's I got a while back because it fit.

Giro Encore 2, good price, safe, comfortable, and holds googles good.

Smith Variant Brim - No audio - most of the time
    Giro Fuse for Spring/warm weather.

Ok if we're being serious I highly recommend Sweet Protection (if you're Scandinavian, otherwise it might not fit right). Trooper half-cut and trooper fullface are both money IMO.

Uvex Wing fits perfectly with my Uvex Racer eyeball mittens

Attachment 70522

Attachment 70523

Try the asshat. Place colored bandannas in the pockets to display your sexual preference while on the slopes.
    The "Rockstar Leniency Rule" merely states that those who achieve a performative douchosity in service of spectacle as it relates to career are given wider latitude to be uberscrote.

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Ok if we're being serious I highly recommend Sweet Protection (if you're Scandinavian, otherwise it might not fit right). Trooper half-cut and trooper fullface are both money IMO.
    how come it only feets right if you're Scandihoovian?
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Day to day I wear this one. Its super lightweight and different from anyone elses.

Helmets are especially useful when you slip and fall on ice with skis over your shoulder. I think I would have partially decapitated myself without my helmet.
    Change is good. You go first.

Giro 10 MX. It fits me, and was the first one I tried on in the store that did.

Smith Premise (they don't make it anymore) fits well, goggles integrate with it as well, and I've got tunes in my earflaps (good for hearing what's going on around me while skiing in-bounds). Giro Remedy S Carbon with Scullcandy Asyms, for charging, dropping, or doing anything that might mess my face up.

Quote Originally Posted by spankthepow View Post
    helmets are cheaper than hospital bills
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoaster View Post
    Not in Canada.
    Pretty soon not in the US either! As soon as this Free Healthcare stuff kicks in I'm gonna start skiin' with a stick of dynamite duct taped to my dome.

Sweet Trooper. Fits (I'm arayan). Doesn't look all big like many other helmets.

jgb@etree Guest
    Leedom had a demo day at Jay Peak about 10-12 years ago, and my ski companion was raving about the comfort and confidence boost that it gave him. So I dumped my hat, grabbed a demo, and hit the trees. It took about 1/2 a run to figure out that I could charge harder in the trees and duck limbs with worrying about getting knocked the fuck out by a low hanging branch. I managed to put my mark on the helmet by ducking a few limbs that I had no business getting udner. The dude at the demo table asked me 'WTF did you do? Drag it behind you?'. I offered him a $20 and he accepted. Been wearing the same lid ever since. It can get a litte too warm in the spring, but overall I love it.

It smells worse than the socks that I wash once a year (if they need it or not) but it's a must if you llike skiing the trees, IMO.