Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Doug Coombs Poster

Been searching for over a year trying to find a copy of his "on this rock i build my church" poster... and have found nothing. Been combing online auction sites, forums, etc... any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance.

Luke

Quote Originally Posted by lukeswenson View Post
    Been searching for over a year trying to find a copy of his "on this rock i build my church" poster... and have found nothing. Been combing online auction sites, forums, etc... any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance.

Luke
    Maybe try here.

"For a limited time only, K2 will re-release the prolific poster "Upon this Rock I Build My Church" of Doug Coombs. The cost of the poster will be $20 and all proceeds will be donated to dougcoombsmemorialfund.com to help support Emily Coombs and their young son David. Send an email with "Upon this Rock Poster" in the subject line to info@k2skis.com with your name, email address and mailing address and K2 will contact you directly when the poster becomes available."

http://www.snewsnet.com/cgi-bin/snews/04679.html

To be sure, this is the one you are looking for right?

oh man, i have this one still in the tube waiting to be framed, so awesome. Id never part with it though. Good luck finding one
    "...but I come from no country, from no city, no tribe. I am the son of the road, my country is the caravan, my life the most unexpected of voyages".-Leo Africanus

Thanks,

That reprinting by K2 was years ago when he died in France.

I was lucky, good friend of Doug's helped find one for me and had it shipped yesterday! My luck has returned!

You would likely also enjoy [ame="https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179765"]this[/ame] TR....
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

*bump*

Same problem 6 years later. Anyone have a line on one? Or willing to make a high-res scan?

I'm interested in this too. Had a copy on my wall in grad school, but somehow it got lost over the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

bump again. I'll send you a sixer of good beer if you'll make a high-res scan for me.

would you just scan that at staples or something? I have this poster

Take a pic with a 15+mp camera on tripod / post processing will take care of rest and you will have a lot better pic file than any scan - assuming this poster is 2' by 3' ish.

Not sure of the murky legalities of such a maneuver - it will take subtlety for sure so maybe dd should start a thread on it & fascism's effect on digital images.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

If they are unobtainable elsewhere then I think Doug would be ok with us making copies
    speaking of doug coombs his wife started a cool foundation in his name here in JH. They support skiing for low income kids- basically the hispanic kids in town
    http://www.dougcoombsfoundation.com/

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    Take a pic with a 15+mp camera on tripod / post processing will take care of rest and you will have a lot better pic file than any scan - assuming this poster is 2' by 3' ish.

Not sure of the murky legalities of such a maneuver - it will take subtlety for sure so maybe dd should start a thread on it & fascism's effect on digital images.
    Quite certain it's not legal, but I will make a comparable donation to the Coombs foundation.

baby bear - Thanks! PM'd you.

yes it's obviously not legal stop being such a goody 2 shoez
    You could also look up his wife on FB and see if she has any left

I just sent emily coombs a msg to see if she had any just in case she has a stack of em here in her garage or something random
    skid luxury

Even better. Thanks!

Phooey- here's what EC said-
    I sure wish there was a way to get more of those posters made- i have mentioned it to K2 who did not think it was a possibility, but i will keep trying

Add in another person who'd like to have one if they ever get made, especially if the proceeds go to the foundation and not to K2.

+1 and funds to the foundation if it happens.

+1. As stated above, I had one and lost it. Really want another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    +1 and funds to the foundation if it happens.
    Ditto.

I've been looking for this poster for a while now. Would love to get it as well. We should email K2 and tell them to release it again.

I have a friend who thinks he may have a few. Maybe Emily gets them, and folks bid on them and the money goes to her foundation.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

that's a great idea plugboots

that would be super cool of your friend

I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this. My friend is 99% sure he has some posters rolled up in his attic. He said:
    ... I have posters for donations only. We are organisiting a memorila here 3rd of April 2016 for Doug and Chad... (Here being La Grave.)
    Last edited by plugboots; 10-20-2015 at 11:16 AM.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda