Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I'm up for a TGR team! i think i also have a couple bud's who'd be down for goin too,

SamSkis,
    Sure prevention is part of the picture. Unfortunately, the rest of your opinion couldn't be further from reality. ACS supports educating people on prevention, provides resources for patients and families, and helps provide funding for research. There is overwhelming evidence to support that cancer is not only caused from such things as tobacco, excessive body weight, alcohol, exposure to sun, and other environmental causes, but also that it runs in certain families and inherited. Mammograms do reduce breast cancer deaths, chemotherapy and other medications have increased survival rates. I hope that you don't have to face the decision of what to do when given the diagnosis of cancer, but I do hope that you educate yourself better before making the decision.

I'm going to stick to my guns on the chemotherapy an mammograms and you can go ahead and call me a conspiracy theorist, from what I've read this board has mixed feelings about natural medicine and I would rather not argue it here.

I was very hasty to post and did not bother to check what organization it's for or anything. I am mostly speaking about the AMA, I don't know anything about the ACS and I'm not trying to put anyone down for going. There's a good chance I'll be there. Really I'm a fan of this event and if the money's going to the ACS, great.

I posted mostly because lately I have been incredibly annoyed with the incredible amount of breast cancer research charities going on (my work has hosted 5), the pink caps. Every beneefit, fundraiser, charitable event I've seen lately has been for the same cause. Meanwhile people are starving on my streets, children are going without health care and proper nutrition, families are living in houses with mold and toxic plaster, the list goes on. ....and we wonder why people get cancer. I have been making an effort to educate myself though, and I will continue to do so! peace