Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Avatar??

Any body?

Hello?

Mine is Groundskeeper Willie
    dayglo aerobic enthusiast

the story is predictable, full of cliches, and the characters are all one dimensional.. but who cares! it's a technical masterpiece, completely engrossing, and entertaining from start to finish. make sure you see it in 3d, imax 3d if you can. 9.5/10

its a spin off the smurfs if you ask me. Smurf berries= the ore in the movie. The army= that old man on the smurfs....
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

Even Mahnola Dargis of the NYT liked it. She is like Mikey - hates everything.

I will end up seeing this movie at least twice - once just to be blown away and the second time to geek out on the tech.

This movie is pretty fucking awesome. It had me from the opening scene and didn't let go until the credit's rolled. 2:40 long and felt like 30 min. The 3D was cool. I flinched involuntarily more than once. I will see it again.

What grapedrink said.
    it's all young and fun and skiing and then one day you login and it's relationship advice, gomer glacier tours and geezers.

-Hugh Conway

Simply incredible. Everything a sci fi, comic book, thundbird, scuba diving geek could ever dream for.

Awesome movie, I would say its a cross between dances with wolves and lord of the rings.

I loved the movie.

I am old enough to remember when the first Star Wars came out.

I got the same feeling watching Avatar as I did watching Star Wars for the first time. Both movies really raised the game as far as creating an amazing, immersive world.

Yes, the plot was somewhat predictible, but I still enjoyed it a lot. (I don't need an unpredictable plot to enjoy a movie. Sometimes, I just want to be entertained, and Avatar delivered.)

mind bottling

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelinskier View Post
    The army= that old man on the smurfs....
    Gargamel, dude. Gargamel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

The new south park makes fun of this whole idea, but they call the movie "Dances with Smurfs". Ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by SCUTSKI View Post
    Gargamel, dude. Gargamel.
    And the general's side kick: Azreal

Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Yeah, it's "Dances With Wolves in Space" all right.

I enjoyed it, but would join the drooling masses proclaiming it the best thing ever if the plot and characterizations had been just a bit more thought out/less predictable/cliched.

I really wanted to like it that much. Maybe my expectations were too high?
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

the world is so thought out and well done it needed a better story and ending ( the company should have left cuz it was losing money with the inserrection) thats what bugged me @ the end.
    but shit I saw it non 3d and imax and it was awesome
    '
    next week in IMAX/3D in NYC safe it is going to make me drool

seriously people go see this movie

Quote Originally Posted by rdennhs View Post
    mind bottling
    Uh.... What?

I think it's a Will Farrell line, excuse me Mind Boggling.

I thought it was really good though, give it a 9/10. Would like to see it in IMAX though.

Re:Avatar??

Hi.....!!
    Nice post…this movie is just incredible and the Picturaisation was awesome. Every body should watch this move in theater awesome movie.
    stock message board

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw_Willie View Post
    Yeah, it's "Dances With Wolves in Space" all right.

I enjoyed it, but would join the drooling masses proclaiming it the best thing ever if the plot and characterizations had been just a bit more thought out/less predictable/cliched.

I really wanted to like it that much. Maybe my expectations were too high?
    I didn't mind the plot, but I wanted to scream every time the director of the whole operation and the Colonel spoke. Every freakin line was a cliche. Surely, with that budget they could have gotten some better dialogue. Other than that the movie was pretty amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    I didn't mind the plot, but I wanted to scream every time the director of the whole operation and the Colonel spoke. Every freakin line was a cliche. Surely, with that budget they could have gotten some better dialogue.

That actually worked really well in Star Ship Troopers: "You wanna live forever, you apes????" But that had a few other things goin' for it (bugs, guts and tits), so that's not a fair comparison.

Just got back after seeing it in 3D with my 9yo daughter.

Fuck all you auteur wannabes - Star Wars was as cliche and formulaic plot-wise as Avatar, if not more... but honestly who fucking cares?

This was a visual feast with a story line everyone can relate to. Sure the War on Terror parallels were a bit ham-fisted but the average member of an American viewing audience isn't a film major.

The art direction & CG were amazing, the tech believable (somewhat) and the plot elements classic. What more do you want in a film (besides titties?)

I can't decide if Zoe Saldana was hotter as Uhura or Neytiri. Sigourney Weaver still looks good, too.

Will this film annoy me if I detest gratuitous warm and fuzziness?
    Quote Originally Posted by bptempleton View Post
    tit ass balls. that's a better sig. or fucktardnutz. YOU MUST NOW CHOOSE!!!!

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    ^No, but if alien sex causes you to become nauseous, then skip it (is this bestiality?)^

Ditto to everything in this thread.

That pissed off marine guy could have turned out to be Jake's father, and I still wouldn't have cared. This movie is fun to watch

Quote Originally Posted by grapedrink View Post
    the story is predictable, full of cliches, and the characters are all one dimensional.. but who cares! it's a technical masterpiece, completely engrossing, and entertaining from start to finish. make sure you see it in 3d
    Pretty much. I loved this movie. I'll see it again.

I liked how the scifi part was not overplayed. Even if they stole all the aircraft straight out of Command and Conquer (Orcas).

What if they were blue and huge and violent?

The CG and environment was seamless as was the 3D. It was not a gimmick. I was completely sold on the idea I was on an alien moon orbiting a gas giant, not some weird version of earth. (Although a lot of the animals came right out of a coral reef or the African plains). Still very cool.

I normally get all pissy at plot holes or impossibilities, but this movie wasn't too bad. I only had minor gripes.
    SPOILERS BELOW
    SPOILERS BELOW
    SPOILERS BELOW
    SPOILERS BELOW
    SPOILERS BELOW

Yet another Hollywood problem that could have been solved by orbital bombardment.

NEVER COMMIT THE GROUNDTROOPS

Pay attention stupid humans. Save Gaia the Mother of Your Earth from your evil ways or one day your great grand children might grow up to be corporate dooshnozzles who massacre blue civilians while raping the Planet Fern Gully.

It was very sad when they cut down Fern Gully.

If you are going to attack and destroy your enemy, why not keep Corporate Duchbag and try him for crimes against sentients instead of sending him back to Earth?

Humanity, having conquered the nontrivial challenge of interstellar travel, loses to a bunch of blue people with bows and arrows and dragons that don't even breath fire all. In reality, the nature loving natives lose, firepower wins.

The rogue Orca Pilot chick could have shot up the transport shuttle and other Orca aircraft on the way out, thereby avoiding the entire bloody battle that killed thousands.

NOW corporations response is probably going to be orbital bombardment... plausible deniability... should make a good sequel.

SPOILERS ABOVE
    SPOILERS ABOVE
    SPOILERS ABOVE
    SPOILERS ABOVE
    SPOILERS ABOVE

Command and Conquer Orcas:

Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Probably the best movie I've seen in 20 years. Simply stunning.

Will I become annoyed at an overwhelming soundtrack? The Star Wars shit comes to mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by bptempleton View Post
    tit ass balls. that's a better sig. or fucktardnutz. YOU MUST NOW CHOOSE!!!!