Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    sketchy with bingo base off trail, all skis are rock skis

its ok if you know where to go
    watch out for snakes

Looking good now, finally lining up some POW days this week.

YES!
    watch out for snakes

Thinking about going to whitegrass tomorrow (tuesday). Anyone want to ski with me?

Tues was good at Tslime on a comp tickee, 4"+ of pow that had an eggshell layer of crust near the top. Slayed it wit mah brand spankin new 191 Billy Goats. SPRONGGGGGG!

Wed at Calame for $15 all day WV residents(every Wed by the way) and 2-3" of fresh on top of previous days junk. Killed it with the DPS 112RP's, turn farmed the meadow until it was gone then poached the rest of the pow I could find. Take that bitches.

I am sore, off to the tub.
    watch out for snakes

I leave shortly. Wifey is leading a slowboarding clinic at TLine tomorrow, so I will be mucking around on my own.

I'm thinking of walking around over at Whitegrass/TLine sidecountry/wherever on the tele gear. Anyone else up for a wander?

how are the trees at timberline?

i am going tue-fri....
    if its got tits or wheels...it will give you trouble..

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuanworm View Post
    how are the trees at timberline?

i am going tue-fri....
    They are mostly hardwood,lol, had good coverage midweek. They were grooming out several runs wit manmade so the adjacent glades were closed.
    Chance of rain/wintery mix late weekend into early week with slight warm up then temps crashing back down by next Wednesday.
    Blackwater Falls State park is good right now as is WG.

http://www.weatherstreet.com/city_sn...snow-depth.htm
    watch out for snakes

thanks for the link.....it takes about 12-15 to cover up all of the underbrush
    if its got tits or wheels...it will give you trouble..

$199 is awfully cheap. Since I live in Columbus this may be good to get a fix in between western trips when conditions are good. There are cheap places to stay in the valley about 20-25 min away. It's 5 hours here or 11 to VT. The best option is to hop a plane west though.

http://www.snowshoemtn.com/plan-your...lous-pass.aspx

That is a pretty good deal, too bad I never go there any more.

On another note, had a great Prezday weekend in da Valley. Steady snow and cold temps had everything in good shape. Crowds seemed not that bad. WG had record day on Sat. Woke up Sunday to 6" of fresh. Friends stopped by, good times. Shine on you crazy diamond.
    watch out for snakes

looking good
    watch out for snakes

Was it a good mixed Nordic and AT crowd at white grass? Good for them, it's such a cool place.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Was it a good mixed Nordic and AT crowd at white grass? Good for them, it's such a cool place.
    Ha ha, the most ever AT crowd at WG was when you guys all came down to ski with us. That was one of the best times I have had at WG in 30 yrs.

Have to watch the snow fall totals on this one, seems the amounts predicted have been down graded now. We got some bullet proof base for starters. Need some fluff on top now.

Canaan is fine, there are other and better places to go BC ski in WV.
    watch out for snakes

hmmm, just checked, someone just dared to call a Purple Powder Alert. I'll be rollin in tonight, sometime after 420, cya.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Have to watch the snow fall totals on this one, seems the amounts predicted have been down graded now. We got some bullet proof base for starters. Need some fluff on top now.
    plan around the nws noaa f'casts in the high country of canaan and you may never do anything! They don't take elevation into account and according to the radar it's not even snowing right now?! I thought the skiing last night with just an inch of fluff on top of the crusty base was nice. Now 4" and growing. All roads should lead to White Grass this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by JGB View Post
    plan around the nws noaa f'casts in the high country of canaan and you may never do anything! They don't take elevation into account and according to the radar it's not even snowing right now?!
    That is good to know. I'm new to the region.

don't plan around Purple powder alert

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
    don't plan around Purple powder alert
    When you see "purple powder alert" claimed on the white grass daily report site, it means "GET HERE NOW" because there is powder on bomber base everywhere. I would say 6" plus today and still crankin...

Heading down to Davis tonight, staying at the Alpine Lodge in Davis, it was the only place with an available pet friendly room. We are skiing timberline Sat then heading back after a late check out (for the pooch)

How bad is the Alpine Lodge? Reviews are mixed online. Not expecting gold plated handles, I just don't want bed bugs.
    "Hurry up and finish your wine so we can go get us some milkshakes"

Quote Originally Posted by other1 View Post
    How bad is the Alpine Lodge? Reviews are mixed online. Not expecting gold plated handles, I just don't want bed bugs.
    I stayed there once about 6 years ago. It was old and tired, but didn't seem like a bedbuggy place. Just a cheap motel with a weird outdoor hallway thing. As I recall the heater in the room was really loud. There was a brewpub (Blackwater Brewing Company?) next door that wasn't very good, but it was convenient.

Booo. I'm not going to make it this weekend. All travel plans which we haven't already started paying for have been canceled for the Shredalot household.

If anyone wants to carpool to ride DC area biking and drink malt liquor - I'm going to have an extra day or two per week for that.

Holey shit!!

Snowed a 1' since last Wed. EPIC BC action! Shredded Pharris Knob.

Unfortunately had to leave in advance of Big Wed. Looks like I may be able to ski around the house as a trade off.
    watch out for snakes

Old school non POV video TR, we arrived at the Alpine Lodge around midnight on Friday. That place is just fine, I would say a 6/10. Positives, it's cheap, clean, they take pets, and they were flexible with our check out time. Negatives, it's old and run down. Bring Flip Flops and your own towel and your good to go. We grabbed breakfast at the Bright Morning Inn (which was delicious) and headed to Timberline around 9 the next morning. The coverage was really good, being our first time ever being down there it took us a few laps to figure out where to go and I get the feeling there is quite a bit more there than what we found. Over all I was stoked on having 1000 vert of good terrain, some glades, and a low key ski resort. The chairs sucked but that was about it. (seriously, who put those stupid grabs on the bar, I think I hit my head everytime) We booked out at 4:00, picked up our pooch from the hotel and we were home by 9. We did stop in Thomas for some coffee at some hip little joint, I was bummed I couldn't stay and drink. We are pretty excited to make another trip down and explore Davis & Thomas this summer/fall. Next winter I'll have the skis ready to go for last minute trips and if snow conditions allow bring something with some AT binders if somebody wants to show me around.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1379.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	679.7 KB 
ID:	133983
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1377.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	687.2 KB 
ID:	133985
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1377.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	454.1 KB 
ID:	133984  
    "Hurry up and finish your wine so we can go get us some milkshakes"

filler.......

Anyone from the balt/wash area thinking of heading to timberline.
    Looks like thursday morning could be good.