Views:	134 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	134331
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	076.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	823.2 KB 
ID:	134329
    Last edited by sanjuanworm; 03-09-2013 at 07:15 PM.
    if its got tits or wheels...it will give you trouble..

Name:	315.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	134330

Name:	2288.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	951.6 KB 
ID:	134332
    Last edited by sanjuanworm; 03-09-2013 at 10:58 AM.

Name:	2991.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	772.9 KB 
ID:	134359

Name:	2716.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	889.7 KB 
ID:	134360

Name:	3173.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	743.8 KB 
ID:	134361

Too bad I missed the action last week. My wife, dog and I are headed to Davis Friday night for some spring skiing this weekend.

Does anybody have a recommendation for dog-friendly bars and restaurants in the Thomas, Davis, CV areas?

Bump for this Mid-Atlantic Last week of March alert. Who is getting out there to get after this. Should be easily12-18 more on the ground by Wednesday. This happens like never. Last year it was in the 60's and 70's by now. Somebody post some stoke. Ironically, I have the time off and I'll be skiing, but I'll be in Colorado. Irony

I am pulling in some markers to get off and up to Davis by Monday or Tues at the latest.

Should be EPIC!!!!
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    Bump for this Mid-Atlantic Last week of March alert. Who is getting out there to get after this. Should be easily12-18 more on the ground by Wednesday. This happens like never. Last year it was in the 60's and 70's by now. Somebody post some stoke. Ironically, I have the time off and I'll be skiing, but I'll be in Colorado. Irony
    A few weeks ago I was skiing in Idaho for 5 days. Rained the first day and did 3 runs. Good spring skiing the next day. Then it FROZE solid and did not snow but a trace. This was when WV had ~2 feet. It was pretty painful to see how good it was in WV when it was so crummy in ID. Luckily the skiing in Idaho was free, place to stay free, and no rental car.

I am going to get to Timberline Tuesday or Wednesday for a mega day-trip from Columbus Ohio. Monday the roads may be a mess to get there and I don't want the 4:50 drive to turn into a 7-hour death march. I'm taking a day off. It will be good to end the season on a high note.

PM me if ya want to ski.

Arrived at 4848 for the next couple days .Its almost been 5months since our first turns /storm(Sandy) this season .I could get used to seasons like this.

Camping near the lake?
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Camping near the lake?
    Fortunately have friends who own a older condo up there to stay at.
    The snow that fell yes. + last night spackled everything really good and was med .density. (love that stuff too)Then it got colder and the wind switched NW today and all the snow that fell today and is still falling is that good fluffy WV powder .!Made the daily video today at first tracks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvnIH...ature=youtu.be

Name:	IMG_20130329_100023.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	154.8 KB 
ID:	135615

vid will be up shortly

Last edited by scottyb; 03-29-2013 at 11:04 AM.
    watch out for snakes

if you liked pt1 you'll love pt 310

watch out for snakes

March 29

I'm calling this last week .All time for here and nothing less
    Last edited by highway12; 03-30-2013 at 03:13 AM.

Ill be at Blue Knob PA for some spring skiing of the leftovers. 20 inches since Monday and the Mtn is 100% open. Hit me up. Black helmet, Smith I/O, grey pants, Surface Live Life skis.

Heading up tonite to ride tail end of storm. Tline wed&thurs. Looks like a warm up and douche by the weekend.
    watch out for snakes

Pretty good conditions on Wed, Tline was ok and the woods were doable. Thursday it warmed up early and the wind was hawkin so I bailed early for home.

First day on the slopes, my legs still work. yay
    watch out for snakes

Is this warm up and rain scheduled to come going to take any off-piste back to completely brown ground

was hoping to do Tline over new years, but with this warm weather and rain it looks like it will probably be garbage next week. hoping for some colder temps and some white stuff.

how was the coverage, even in the trees?

Quote Originally Posted by steezybomber View Post

how was the coverage, even in the trees?
    Not great but good coverage, did not go off slope but it looked ok to me. Depending on the warmup and rain it may not be a total wash out. The drift lines and usual suspects were happening.

It is supposed to turn cold again Monday so I think the lift areas will be ok. They were making a shit ton of snow.

Patroller told me it snowed 6-8" on Tuesday and another 2-3" that night.
    watch out for snakes

killer ^^

I might be making my way out there to make some turns on NYE. If anyone wants to link up let me know, ill bring the beers.

My "EC" skis wont be mounted in time, so I'll be rocking AK JJs all day.

conditions at white tail sucked. no coverage. pow skis made it fun but interesting. people up there are all pretty snobby, and its expesive. dry county is no good. but had some laughs at the park rats who sucked with no poles, and the mid 50s couple skiing on ski blades WITH poles, but it was good to get out there.

hoping to get the knee right, get my EC skis delivered an mounted, and head back up in a couple weeks. anyone make any regular trips to liberty whitetail roundtop or canann? would enjoy making some turns with some fellow mags.

watching McConkey now and getting hyped (and saddened) about this season. let me know, I can make a weekend work around working at the ski shop.

happy new year mid-atlantic mags.

I have a place in Davis and get up to Canaan/Tline when I can. Conditions were good for a bit but now pretty suxass. Where you watching the movie?

I stopped going to Deerbutt several years ago, this despite its only an hour away.
    watch out for snakes

my friends made a NYE out of T-Line but since it was was a mostly couples event, with first time snowboarders, I decided to bail on that.

did any of that rain hit last week? and what about the weather coming through? Definitely need to make a trip. forgot how full up WT/Liberty etc are.

but hey, skiing is skiing so no complaints

T-line was down to only 4 top to bottom runs this past weekend and very firm. 1.5" of prior rain hit them hard.

Son and I may run up for tomorrow pending the snow totals. Right now it's looking like the Valley will get 4" +/- out of this one. Less at Snowshoe and the VA mountains. Will check NOAA forecast this afternoon to see if there has been a shift.

Gotta get the legs in shape for 8-day Powder Highway tour in March so looking for turns wherever we can...

Had a nice day at Tline Friday, single digit temps but the winds abated. Very decient packed pow conditions with copious man made. Still limited runs open but they seem to be trying hard to make snow and build it back up after the warmup and rain.

Forecast is for record low temps into next week.

On another note I was able to get out on my new sticks. Last years ON3P Tycoons mounted with Rossi FKS 14 clamps. After half dozen runs to get them figured out they were sweet. Even with limited conditons and runs they make a very nice EC ski.

Getting out on new planks is nice.
    watch out for snakes