Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast
    https://www.tetongravity.com/films/ti...of-tight-loose

Any mags going? Should be an awesome showing.

nuthr Jack Frost in the books
    watch out for snakes

Day 1 on PRPd right knee, many hard laps at Kalame, two whole runs off the top so not bad.

Knee feels great, rest of me kinda sore.
    watch out for snakes

scottyb, how were the conditions? as to be expected from Dec skiing?

Glad the knee is feeling good. What did you have fixed?

I just got my sling off from Shoulder surgery, so my season pass to snowshoe is useless, and prob wont be able to ski until i got out west in March. make some turns for me.

Conditions were ok, Timber trail had good packed pow on man-made. They opened main street while I was there and it was hard and fast.

I had PRP done on old ACL repair of right knee.

Heal up that shoulder. Rotator cuff?

Skiing will be there when you are ready.
    watch out for snakes

Nice! That is a good start to Dec skiing. Pretty crowded or not really? Cold weather is good but looks like its going to warm up pretty quickly.

Damn, how does the knee feel? ACL is tough from what I hear, glad you were able to get out there and rips some turns.

Shoulder was a grade 5 separation with CC ligament rupture and AC join tear. So a couple screws, some cadaver tendons, I am now good to go. Problem is (from doc's opinion) is simply if I fall in the next couple months i will end up needing to re-do the surgery. So going to do PT till march and hope the snow stays there for when I am back.

Have fun man and get some pics next time you good out!

^ had a "foward" ("Anterior?") dislocation @ Solitude 4/2014. They had to put me under to get it back in. Skied cautious as hell the rest of that week but skied. Went flat out next time on snow (12/31/14). Full forward disclocation again. Skared shitless to go more than just a little bit fast any more. sucks. hope your's goes better!

Well south of you things are getting going, decent amount of terrain open for this time of year. Last year this time we were swiming.
    "Can't you see..."

It was Sun afternoon by the time I got there so no crowd really.

PT and heal is your job now, ski or ride later when it's g2g
    watch out for snakes

Posted this in gimp central, but figured since ScottyB is the resident doc/dentist/laywer, i'd check if you had any advice. Hope you guys are enjoy the season and getting some of the good outs west and up north.

So I have been hitting PT HARD 2x a week since Jan. Felt some pain, but never did more weight than the doc or PT said, and never lifted/biked/skied...felt a little pop, lots of pain, and sudden bump on top of my shoulder. I stop everything, go directly to the doc.

X-rays show that my should has dropped 2mm (from 10mm in between collar bone and clavicle to 12mm). The bump on top of my shoulder is one of the screws pressing against the skin. Doc believes one (of the two) dissolvable sutures anchoring the tendon to the bone failed.

He thinks this is my "natural" position after the suture dissolve, and long term it will still be the same outcome. Just causing a lot of inflammation, pain, and discomfort now, barely able to sleep, and the j-hole trip i had been training so hard to be back for is now out of the question indefinitely. Good thing there not having a banger year....

anyway, anyone else had a shoulder suture fail? Long term consequences, outcomes, suggestions, random thoughts? Super bummed, but staying positive for next season.

Hows it going Steeezy?

Had a nice opening day at CVR, onlu 159 skiers and 100 were freebies.

The Tline Shit sammitch keeeps getting bigger all the time. Even tho my stupid pass is good one moar year there I went to CVR and paid full instate price cuz fook those asshats at Tline.

Pretty good opening weekend and there was even sum meadow skipping and fat biking to be had. Minor warm up next couple days and hopefully seasonal temps return.

cheers
    watch out for snakes

What's up Scottyb ?

Sounds like a fun weekend! Agreed on the tline front, screw those guys. Havent been out in there in a while, but seems like the guys running it havent done anything good as of late.

I am "fully" healed...meaning it still hurts like hell, but is as good as its going to get without a 2nd surgery. Been consistent on training/PT to get ready for the season, focus on ROM and losing weight to have less weight to carry around. haha.

Looks like after the warm up, should be consistent cold. I am ready to come out there for a day trip as soon as the new year hits, wana share some turns?

Heading to jay just after xmas for a few days of skiing, conditions look prime.

Glad you had fun brotha!

Sure dood, my schedule varies but would be happy to do some laps witcha.
    watch out for snakes

Chippers is looking good.

http://www.whitegrass.com/report.html
    watch out for snakes

6" of sweet fluffy pow since last nite

Intense cold and the best start of ski season in 7 years.
    Last edited by scottyb; 12-30-2017 at 07:53 AM.
    watch out for snakes

10-12" of pow from that last cycle. Best Dec snow weather in 7ish years.
    watch out for snakes

My dad showed-up early on New Year's Day and got to take 3 laps with patrol before the ski area officially opened

I'd say he's having a good start to 2018

Moar please. It got deep throughout the day on 12/30 . First run was fun with a little fluff to start the day

Well after spending last weekend in Jay, all the temps down here seem balmy and mild.

Nice stoke, conditions look prime!

I have a ticket for Timberline on Sunday, but have friends trying to do a demo day/stayover/saturday at Whitetail. Trying to see if I can swing three days in a row skiing. Can definitely do two, but three is tough.

Scottyb -- you skiing at all this weekend? I know WT is a haul for you, especially since it kinda blows. Timberline looks decent, but wasnt sure based on their website report of lifts spinning and their shitty snowmaking.

Good start to 2018.

Any Poconos love in this thread, or is that too far North?

Gotta work this weekend, have phun.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Hows it going Steeezy?

Had a nice opening day at CVR, onlu 159 skiers and 100 were freebies.

The Tline Shit sammitch keeeps getting bigger all the time. Even tho my stupid pass is good one moar year there I went to CVR and paid full instate price cuz fook those asshats at Tline.

Pretty good opening weekend and there was even sum meadow skipping and fat biking to be had. Minor warm up next couple days and hopefully seasonal temps return.

cheers
    Scottyb, I got freebie ticket #1 that Friday. My Chinook RV was in the parking lot. Skiied at WG the day prior up in Natty Nord. Caught good drifts on pipeline. Fisch

Sent from my SM-T580 using TGR Forums mobile app

Nice, things are a bit unseasonable to say the least. I should be skiing this weekend but I plan to brew some beer at home and visit with my folks.
    watch out for snakes

Hang tight spring

NC, VA and southern WV in da house. Got out a whopping 6 day trips this season. half of my usual average. Shifting to camping and fishing until November.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

But wait, it's not over till it's over.
    watch out for snakes